inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What makes a good music video?

Written By: woops on 10/12/08 at 8:00 pm

Personally it's the production and entertainment value that makes a music video since the budget doesn't always matter since there's many low budget videos that are great like Tone Loc "Wild Thing" or  The Go Go's "Our Lips Are Sealed" and not all big budget videos are good (ie MC Hammer "2 Legit 2 Quit").

The song doesn't really have to matter since "Thriller" (MJ), and "Sledgehammer" (Peter Gabriel) aren't the artists' greatest and some songs.  Also there's some music videos I like better than the song like Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It", which is one of the funniest clips, but the song itself is a bit corny.  Heck, I like to watch "Rico Suave" (Gerardo) for the female dancers wearing spandex... (the camp value... BTW not saying it's a great video, It's average for it's time)  :D

As for the visuals, it's like a time capsule of a certain point of time of when the video was made from the fashion, choreography, and special effects. Also music videos that are creative like using animation, spoofing pop culture, political/social statement and/or any creative idea.

Actually hard to explain, but pretty self explanatory...

Subject: Re: What makes a good music video?

Written By: Dagwood on 10/12/08 at 8:48 pm

I went with artist, song and entertainment value.

Check for new replies or respond here...