inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hidden Tracks on CDs

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/08 at 10:30 pm

Snoz's recent movie topic inspired me to do this one lol

♦ Wham!'s 1983 album 'Fantastic' contains an untitled honky tonk piano track exactly 10 seconds after 'Young Guns (Go For It!)'.  Appears on the LP, cassette and CD (I have all three)

♦ On the 1993 CD 'Very' by the Pet Shop Boys, when 'Go West' ends, fast forward like 7 minutes of silence and you will find a really beautiful song called 'Postscript' which is (if I recall) not even a minute in length

♦ On the 2001 CD 'Chances' by Sylver, there are two hidden songs after Track 10 following like a minute of silence.  A remix of both 'Turn the Side' and 'Skin'

♦ The 2007 CD 'Send Away the Tigers' by Manic Street Preachers contains a wonderful cover of Lennon's 'Working Class Hero' which follows immediately after the last track

Subject: Re: Hidden Tracks on CDs

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 10:50 pm

Alanis Morrisette Jagged Little Pill.  About a minute after You Oughta Know - the final track is a hidden track its very good but I don't know the name of it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/24/08 at 9:28 am

Live have a cool untitled track at the end of their album "Throwing Copper".

Pearl Jam also have this cool instrumental at the end of "Ten".

Written By: Tia on 11/24/08 at 10:09 am

Alanis Morrisette Jagged Little Pill.  About a minute after You Oughta Know - the final track is a hidden track its very good but I don't know the name of it.

i think it's a heavier version of you oughta know.

there's also one on nirvana's never mind. if you leave the CD on for a long, long, LONG time, there's this heavy song that's almost like death metal or something.

Written By: karen on 11/24/08 at 10:57 am

Not quite a hidden track but on Robbie Williams's Swing When You're Winning about 20 minutes after the last track finishes (but still listed as track 15 on the CD player) there is a bit of conversation/rehearsal.  It makes me jump if I've been playing the CD and then forgotten about it - suddenly there's some unknown person talking in the lounge!

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 12:55 pm

i think it's a heavier version of you oughta know.

no its different from you oughta know.

I found a clip of it online.  Its called Forgive Me Love.

http://www.actionext.com/names_a/alanis_morissette_lyrics/forgive_me_love.html

Written By: robby76 on 11/24/08 at 8:14 pm

The only one I've ever known of and owned is Janet's 1991 album which had "Whoops Now" tagged on at the very end. The little trickster!   :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 9:46 pm

The only one I've ever known of and owned is Janet's 1991 album which had "Whoops Now" tagged on at the very end. The little trickster!   :D

something I didn't know... think I'll check it out.

THX

Check for new replies or respond here...