inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: pell mell

Written By: Tia on 01/06/09 at 10:25 pm

listen to some. it's cool.

http://www.pellmell.org/frames.html

Subject: Re: pell mell

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/09 at 10:41 pm

Higgledy-Piggledy

Written By: gumbypiz on 01/08/09 at 1:11 am

Wow, cool.
I remember Pell Mell. One of a crop of great instrumental bands in the late 80's and early 90's, pre-Nirvana and grunge so to speak.

Used to be one of my faves for filling out a mixed tape or so, along with the likes of Dif Juz, Love Tractor, Dumptruck and Flat Duo Jets (I know I'm revealing my age if anyone even remotely heard of those bands).  :-X 
Early college days and I was really bored of most tunes and was stretching out to find something different back then.

Ah the late 80's, mostly 89-91 and the actual existence of cool bands making music off the mainstream charts, without the support of and before the age of Napster, downloading mp3's or streaming radio, and just at/after the growth and implosion of "college/alternative rock" as it was.

Want a warming up to sounds like this, check out the movie (or soundtrack) of "Athens, Ga. Inside/Out". Similar sounds and feeling...

Written By: Tia on 01/08/09 at 6:30 am

Wow, cool.
I remember Pell Mell. One of a crop of great instrumental bands in the late 80's and early 90's, pre-Nirvana and grunge so to speak.

Used to be one of my faves for filling out a mixed tape or so, along with the likes of Dif Juz, Love Tractor, Dumptruck and Flat Duo Jets (I know I'm revealing my age if anyone even remotely heard of those bands).  :-X 
Early college days and I was really bored of most tunes and was stretching out to find something different back then.

Ah the late 80's, mostly 89-91 and the actual existence of cool bands making music off the mainstream charts, without the support of and before the age of Napster, downloading mp3's or streaming radio, and just at/after the growth and implosion of "college/alternative rock" as it was.

Want a warming up to sounds like this, check out the movie (or soundtrack) of "Athens, Ga. Inside/Out". Similar sounds and feeling...
ah good tips, thanks. i discovered em cuz they played some pell mell as a break on an NPR story and they listed who it was on the internet. i've decided to start branching out, my CD collection is all nosebleed BS from college and AC/DC and whatnot. i'll follow up on your suggestions.

the PM album i got is their last one, from 97, i think.

Written By: Tia on 01/08/09 at 7:34 am

and to clarify, when i say "pell mell" i don't mean this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-XdyC5wQLs

those who know me know i love an acid band called corduroy (pell mell is more properly categorized as prog rock) but then another band called corduroy came out that's like this crap hardcore band. (and don't get me wrong, i like hardcore and metal and so forth, but only when it doesn't suck.) and it's frustrating because i have to always make sure that i'm dealing with the right band whenever i buy a cd or try to download a video or what have you.

you can tell with the metal pell mell even the audience don't like em that much. and they're german, they like ALL metal.

Written By: Tia on 01/08/09 at 7:46 am

this album i have, "star city", is shamelessly mellow. 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...