inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Tin Tin Gay ?

Written By: holicman on 01/10/09 at 3:15 pm

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,24894249-10388,00.html

Interesting article as the cartoon character celebrates his 80th birthday.

Subject: Re: Is Tin Tin Gay ?

Written By: whistledog on 01/10/09 at 8:53 pm

He just liked wearing sweaters ;D

Did you know the 80s pop group Thompson Twins took their name from this comic strip?

Written By: danootaandme on 01/11/09 at 6:22 am

Everything from the 1900s to the 1940s was pretty much gay

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/11/09 at 4:47 pm

I liked Tin Tin. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/09 at 10:00 am

I think that the reason, why there was few female charecters in the Tin Tin universe, is because who the books were aimed towards at the time.

7-10 boys, who like adventure books.

Plus as the series' charecter pointed out, "Women simply have nothing to do in Tintin's world."

Plus, keep in mind Sherlock Holmes's univeres has few femal charecters also, aside from the maid, and hs ex girlfriend, who barely gets mentioned.

Because of the job, and the perils of iit, he simply didn't allow himself, to femaile relationships, in his life.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/09 at 10:32 pm

He just liked wearing sweaters ;D

Did you know the 80s pop group Thompson Twins took their name from this comic strip?

That's the second thing Casey Kasem told me, after telling me there are three of them, no Thompsons and no twins.

Also named after Tin Tin: Tin Tin, Stephen Duffy's band.  Duffy was in a different band in Birmingham, but he left in 1979 because that band, he thought, had no future.  They were called Duran Duran or something like that!
8)

I wonder if Fry from Futurama was inspired by Tin Tin; I see some striking similarity. 

Now, let's see, did Tin Tin have a girlfriend? 

Written By: Zeb on 01/23/09 at 10:16 am

Gay or not I don’t care; that was one of my favorite childhood toons. Tin Tin, Snowy, and of course the Sea Captain, “Blistering  Barnacles!”

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/23/09 at 8:40 pm

How are we to know?  There's no Tin Tin story in which he and Snowy go to a Cher concert!

:P

Check for new replies or respond here...