inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs you like from artists/genres you don't listen to and/or like

Written By: woops on 03/11/09 at 3:27 pm

What's your favorite song from any artist or type of music that you don't normally listen to.

Some of my favorite songs...

Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)", it's a catchy song despite that I find Whitney too over the top

Radiohead "Karma Police" & "Creep" (BTW, I'm not a Cyrus)

Beach Boys "Good Viberations", most of theit songs sound the same, IMHO

Nine Inch Nails "Closer", not much into industrial rock

Dr. Dre "Nothin' But A 'G' Thang" & "Let It Ride", not much into gangsta rap

Subject: Re: Songs you like from artists/genres you don't listen to and/or like

Written By: Frank on 03/11/09 at 4:31 pm

What's your favorite song from any artist or type of music that you don't normally listen to?

Legs - ZZ top..don;t like much of their other stuff I've heard
George Michael - Father figure..don't like his stuff after WHAM

Written By: Dagwood on 03/11/09 at 6:40 pm

I like Gangster's Paradise by Coolio but I hate Rap. 

Written By: whistledog on 03/11/09 at 8:06 pm

I like 'Gotta Be Somebody' by Nickelback, but everything else they do all sounds the same

I liked 'Cream' by Prince.  He had a few other listenable songs, but I never really cared for his music.  His original version of 'Kiss' is to me the worst song ever made

Written By: nally on 03/11/09 at 10:47 pm

Black Eyed Peas...I didn't really care for their stuff at first, but when they released "Don't Lie" in mid-2005, I thought that that song had a rather catchy beat to it. So I kinda like that one. As well as maybe one or two of their other songs.

Cher...I don't like most of her stuff, but I can tolerate "After All" (her 1989 duet with Peter Cetera) and her early 90's cover of "Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)", but that's about it.

I don't much care for country, but some country artists have songs I don't mind listening to that sound like pop. Examples include LeAnn Rimes' "How Do I Live", "I Need You" and "Can't Fight The Moonlight".

More to come later.

Written By: Frank on 03/12/09 at 12:26 am

I liked 'Cream' by Prince.  He had a few other listenable songs, but I never really cared for his music.  His original version of 'Kiss' is to me the worst song ever made

Prince's "Kiss".  8-P  It's in my top 10 list of bad songs, right up there with "Pass the Dutchie" 8-P

Written By: nally on 08/07/15 at 11:57 pm

I don't much care for country, but some country artists have songs I don't mind listening to that sound like pop. Examples include LeAnn Rimes' "How Do I Live", "I Need You" and "Can't Fight The Moonlight".

More to come later.

And now, after somehow forgetting about this thread six years ago, I can add more.

Sometimes I will listen to Taylor Swift, who is primarily a country artist, but much of her latest stuff has sounded a lot more like pop.
And speaking of country-pop crossovers, I like Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance", but mainly the mix that has feminine background vocals.

I don't like a whole lot of rap, but many "oldschool" rap songs/artist I can tolerate (and by that I mean such artists up through the mid 1990s or so), and some of Will Smith's solo songs (including the title track from Men In Black, which he starred in) I enjoy listening to.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/27/16 at 9:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M

The only Nickelback song which I actually don't mind. Admittedly, I don't like their other releases.

Written By: nally on 08/27/16 at 10:44 am

The only Nickelback song which I actually don't mind. Admittedly, I don't like their other releases.

Same with me. I haven't much cared for their songs other than this one. Although when it first came out 15 years ago, it began to get lots of radio airplay and eventually got "overplayed"... but later on I classified it as a "like" song, after its popularity wore off.

Written By: wixness on 09/25/16 at 10:40 pm

Hate Taylor Swift, but I like this:

qUn1tzyTYeo

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/03/17 at 5:20 am

Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle) - Limp Bizkit (2000) - I'm not a fan of Limp Bizkit, although I don't mind their song "Rollin". It's pretty stupid and cheesy, but it's alright. :P

Don't Bring Me Down - ELO (1979) - For the same reasons above, although I don't think this song is stupid or cheesy. :P

Written By: nally on 07/03/17 at 10:38 am

Johnny Cash...even though he was primarily a country artist, a lot of his stuff has crossed over into pop (even occasionally getting played on "classic rock" stations)... and I will listen to him once in a while.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/03/17 at 5:15 pm

Selena Gomez....I like her but I usually don't listen to her music. I love her new song "Bad Liar".

Written By: nally on 07/03/17 at 6:19 pm

Selena Gomez....I like her but I usually don't listen to her music. I love her new song "Bad Liar".

Nice. I still like one of her songs: "Naturally."

Written By: Redhairkid on 07/06/17 at 10:17 am

I can't stand Kylie Minogue but I love her version of 'Give Me Just A Little More Time' and prefer it to the original and there are a few others of hers I also like.

I don't like INXS but I love 'Beautiful Girl'.

I don't like Justin Bieber but I like 'Love Yourself'.

Written By: annimal on 07/06/17 at 10:21 am

must of heard it at Roller King or something  that
Give me your heart  make it real, or else forget about it

Check for new replies or respond here...