inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anybody else have a similar Starbucks experience?

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/24/09 at 10:38 pm

Not trying to bash Starbucks, but last weekend I went there and had a short vanilla latte and a bacon egg sandwich. Later that day I had terrible indigestion but figured it could have been anything. Today I ordered the same thing and now I'm feeling nauseous again.

I don't want to pinpoint that Starbucks is the culprit and that it could possibly be too much stress, drank bad milk, or the fact that I went overboard on brownies last night  :-[ but I usually don't have problems with nausea and I noticed that I ate the exact same thing a few days ago so I'm wondering if any of you have had a similar experience with Starbuck.

Subject: Re: Anybody else have a similar Starbucks experience?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/24/09 at 10:44 pm

Yeah, I, for awhile, was hooked on their Orange Cranberry Scones with a unpleasant gassy effect.  :-[ 

Unfortunately it took me about 4 separate scone experiences to finally give them up.  ;D

I never was a big fan of their flavored fancy coffee drinks.  I like my coffee like I like my men, tall and sweet (and hot!)  ;) (which has nothing to do with Starbucks, I just wanted to say that phrase.  :D )

Subject: Re: Anybody else have a similar Starbucks experience?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/25/09 at 6:11 am

It may not be Starbucks, per se, it may be an ingredient that you are sensitive to in what you ordered.  If I were you I would stay away from those items.

Check for new replies or respond here...