inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artists, movies, tv shows, etc. you like, but aren't widely popular or liked

Written By: woops on 04/13/09 at 4:49 pm

Pretty much self explanatory...

Though any examples?

Subject: Re: Artists, movies, tv shows, etc. you like, but aren't widely popular or liked

Written By: whistledog on 04/13/09 at 5:25 pm

I LOVED the movie 'The Island' starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson, but considering it was a box office bomb, I was one of few

Manic Street Preachers - Welsh rock band who have immense popularity in the UK, but in North America, they are pretty much total unknowns.  People at work always razz me when they see a Manics CD on my desk and ask me why I listen to music no one has ever heard of before? LOL

Subject: Re: Artists, movies, tv shows, etc. you like, but aren't widely popular or liked

Written By: gibbo on 04/13/09 at 6:37 pm

I LOVED the movie 'The Island' starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson, but considering it was a box office bomb, I was one of few

Manic Street Preachers - Welsh rock band who have immense popularity in the UK, but in North America, they are pretty much total unknowns.  People at work always razz me when they see a Manics CD on my desk and ask me why I listen to music no one has ever heard of before? LOL

Yeah...I liked The Island as well and couldn't believe it didn't perform better. I mean, Scarlett Johansen in a tight white bodysuit...what's not to like? ;)

I am enjoying Eli Stone but read last week that I am actually watching the final four episodes made....  :( >:(

Written By: whistledog on 04/13/09 at 8:32 pm

Yeah...I liked The Island as well and couldn't believe it didn't perform better. I mean, Scarlett Johansen in a tight white bodysuit...what's not to like? ;)

LOL I agree.  That freeway scene alone made the movie well worth the price of admission.  To me, that is one of the best chase sequences ever captured on film

Written By: woops on 04/14/09 at 1:07 pm

As a teen, I liked tv shows that only lasted a season or two like "Greg the Bunny" & "Shasta McNasty", though not sure now...

I'm probably one of the few people who enjoy some current animation along with theatrical cartoons... (The inbetween 'Toon Zone' & 'Golden Age Cartoon' crowd)

Movies: "Gimme An F", though don't think many even heard of it.

Check for new replies or respond here...