inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which TV shows would you like to see make a comeback?

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/09 at 9:27 pm

Since 90210 came back and appears to be doing well they are going to redo Melrose Place too...

If you could control the content.....what shows would you like to see comeback or get a make over....

This came to me because I was just listening to Scandal's Goodbye to You... and I remember Jenny singing it on Kate & Allie... then I thought...

HOW FREAKIN' COOL WOULD IT BE IF......

Jenny and Emma got divorced and, especially with the current recession, they decided to live together like their moms did in the 80s?  8)

Of course Ari Meyers and Allison Smith would have to reprise their roles...no recasts in my world!  and um... chip can visit but really do we need him in every ep? 

And of course I want the Thanksgiving episode where Kate and Allie come for dinner and Allie tries to take over the duties in the kitchen....

Bob died tho....so he's not there...  ;D  BTW....Sam Freed's not really dead... I just hate BOB!!!  :)

Subject: Re: Which TV shows would you like to see make a comeback?

Written By: woops on 05/30/09 at 9:34 pm

"Drawn Together"... done right

"Woops" (never seen original... though this time animated)

Written By: statsqueen on 05/30/09 at 9:35 pm

Loved that show, would love to see your concept come to life....

One of the networks had a mini marathon, but then as soon as I got used to seeing it, *poof* it was gone.

I hope this counts because it doesn't go as far back and K&A, but I wish they would bring Jericho back...and keep it back this time.  I'm sure there are others, but I'm tired.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/09 at 9:39 pm

Loved that show, would love to see your concept come to life....

One of the networks had a mini marathon, but then as soon as I got used to seeing it, *poof* it was gone.

I hope this counts because it doesn't go as far back and K&A, but I wish they would bring Jericho back...and keep it back this time.  I'm sure there are others, but I'm tired.  ::)

Jericho counts... cuz I put this in the more than a decade thread....  ;D

yeah I'd love to see that come back too...

along with Related (but on Lifetime where they will respect it.)
LipStick Jungle (see the note on Related)

I wouldn't be opposed to a rehash of Chuck's Chicks...but knowing the networks they would make them dumb blonde bimbos... or cast it with people from the Hills....and that's not what I want!

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/09 at 10:00 pm

Bring back 70s / 80s game shows.  Make Daytime TV a game show feast once again.

I'd love to see a revival of 'Treasure Hunt'.  The looks of the contestants when they'd open a box and find the check was priceless.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/30/09 at 10:50 pm

The Girls:

Golden and Gilmore!

Not rehashed or anything, just new episodes with the same casts.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/09 at 11:23 pm

Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles. (yeah, I'm bitter)

Written By: Frank on 05/31/09 at 12:12 am

Family Ties & The Wonder years

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/09 at 12:49 am

The Girls:

Golden and Gilmore!

Yeah Golden girls should be loads of fun with Sophia and Dororthy's corpses hogging all the cheesecake  ;D

Gilmore Girls...tho...they need to start at the end of season 6 and give us a new season 7 and then a season 8 and 9 and 10  basically I want to see Rory visiting lorelai in the nursing home...  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/09 at 12:51 am

Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles. (yeah, I'm bitter)

have you joined the SSCC campaign? So far the public has saved Chuck and Dollhouse... perhaps they can pull out victory and Save Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Written By: Michael C. on 05/31/09 at 11:54 am

Surprised by Sarah Conner Chronicles TV demise with Terminator Salvation a big hit in Theatres.... ???

have you joined the SSCC campaign? So far the public has saved Chuck and Dollhouse... perhaps they can pull out victory and Save Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/31/09 at 4:42 pm

Yes I have.  I have a feeling the tv show was just a lead up to the movie, though. 

Written By: whistledog on 05/31/09 at 5:30 pm

The Girls:

Golden and Gilmore!

Will 50% of the cast for Golden Girls do? :\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/31/09 at 6:09 pm

Journeyman

Beverly Hills 90210, yes I know there's an updated version on.  I think I can handle a Beverly Hills90210/ 30 Something combo.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/09 at 6:36 pm

Journeyman

Beverly Hills 90210, yes I know there's an updated version on.  I think I can handle a Beverly Hills90210/ 30 Something combo.

at least  in new one you get a taste of your oldie but goodies!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/31/09 at 7:17 pm

at least  in new one you get a taste of your oldie but goodies!

Yes, that's true.  However with Journeyman it was pretty cool seeing Gretchen Egolf on TV.  (She and I were in high school together.  I have vague memories of her playing Mina in Dracula when she was a junior)

Written By: danootaandme on 06/01/09 at 3:21 pm

Alien Nation

Crime Story

Life

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/02/09 at 11:14 pm

(Terminator: The Summer GlauRiver Tam Beats Up On Everyone Chronicles), and... well, just about everything Fox nipped in the bud in order to air Yet Another Crime Drama, Yet Another Reality Show, Eliza Dushku Shows It Off (which isn't bad, and there's nice boobage, but I still prefer the other robot chick), and American Idle.

Shoot, I'm so desperate for something original out of FOX that I'd even watch Drive.

Unfortunately, there's just no more room on the schedule. We've just got to accept the fact that FOX has to make room for terrific shows like "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," "Futurama," "Dark Angel," "Titus," "Undeclared," "Action," "That 80's Show," "Wonderfalls," "Fastlane," "Andy Richter Controls the Universe," "Skin," "Girls Club," "Cracking Up," "The Pits," "Firefly," "Get Real," "Freaky Links," "Wanda at Large," "Costello," "The Lone Gunmen," "A Minute With Stan Hooper," "Normal, Ohio," "Pasadena," "Harsh Realm," "Keen Eddie," "The Street," "American Embassy," "Cedric the Entertainer," "The Tick," "Louie," and "Greg the Bunny."

Hey, at least I got one of my faves back.

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/09 at 11:58 pm

Yes, that's true.  However with Journeyman it was pretty cool seeing Gretchen Egolf on TV.  (She and I were in high school together.  I have vague memories of her playing Mina in Dracula when she was a junior)

that's right I forgot you have a famous friend too!

Written By: woops on 06/27/09 at 9:48 pm

"Authentic Reproduction", recreation of '80's MTV with original bumpers & clips

"MTV Legit"... done right

Check for new replies or respond here...