inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Missing scenes from your favorite films

Written By: snozberries on 06/22/09 at 10:31 pm

You know how you have that movie that you just love but one or two more scenes would make it so much better.....

I'm not talking DVD Extras and Deleted Scenes... I'm talking about scenes that just don't seem to exist but should....

EXAMPLE:

Dirty Dancing:
After Baby confesses that she was in Johnny's room all night we get the scene between Baby and Dr. Hausman... but where is the scene between Baby and her mother? Someone should have written that scene...

Love & Basketball: The film jumps from Q & Monica fighting at the age of 11 to the next scene - senior year of high school... although they do a good job establishing some of the stuff that must have happened over the last 6 or 7 years I would have loved some actual scenes from that time period.  ( I know the film is divided into four quarters and that would mess up the timing of it... but still I want it. I want to see them in the 8th grade... as freshman and sophomores....etc...

Escape from the Planet of the Apes:
  I just watched this last night... there is no explanation on how Milo (the baby chimp) went from getting shot and dumped into the ocean to getting put in the cage at Armando's circus... Did Zira trade babys with the caged chimp just in case... did Stevie and Dr Dixon rescue baby milo? Did Zira stash Milo somewhere... I was half asleep tho... so maybe they did show this and I just missed it... 

Subject: Re: Missing scenes from your favorite films

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/23/09 at 1:41 am

Those are good ones Q!

I would have liked to seen more scenes from growing up of Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey in Beaches.  I LOVED that movie.

I'd have like more pirate ship scenes in Goonies.

More scenes of the Munchkins in Wizard of Oz.

I'm sure there are others in other films, just not thinking of them right now.

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/09 at 2:20 am

Those are good ones Q!

I would have liked to seen more scenes from growing up of Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey in Beaches.  I LOVED that movie.

I'd have like more pirate ship scenes in Goonies.

More scenes of the Munchkins in Wizard of Oz.

I'm sure there are others in other films, just not thinking of them right now.

Oh yeah.... more youth scenes of Beaches definitely!

Written By: woops on 06/23/09 at 10:17 am

"Tom & Jerry" DVD sets are known for having edited versions...

Some scenes from the first "Beavis & Butt-Head" set (well, besides the videos) like the David Letterman on tv on the episode when they filmed a talkshow at school...

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/09 at 10:52 am

"Tom & Jerry" DVD sets are known for having edited versions...

Some scenes from the first "Beavis & Butt-Head" set (well, besides the videos) like the David Letterman on tv on the episode when they filmed a talkshow at school...

Hey woops. Thx for adding but I'm talking about editing.
I'm talking about one scene or more you wouldve liked to have seem but the director never filmed it. Or at least not to your knowledge.

Written By: woops on 06/23/09 at 11:21 am

My mistake

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/09 at 10:30 pm

My mistake

no worries... now just think about that ever elusive moment from some cartoon that you wish you could see like... Jinx actually dining on Pixie & Dixie or the coyote getting the best of the road runner or something  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...