inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Cop show

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 4:04 am

There are a lot of shows I could add to this list but I decided to go with the ones I watched regularly so, of the shows I like  ;) , which ones are your favorites?

Cagney & Lacey
Third Watch
Southland

law and order SVU  and Boomtown are high on my list.... but I only allowed three votes...

by the way if anyone ever finds copies of Magruder and Loud out there please hook me up I've been looking for this for about 15 years!  :)

Subject: Re: Favorite Cop show

Written By: mooster on 06/24/09 at 4:36 am

Other, collectively ;) - Division 4, Homicide, Silent Number, Blue Heelers & Stingers
Law & Order CI
Law & Order SVU 

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 4:40 am

Other, collectively ;) - Division 4, Homicide, Silent Number, Blue Heelers & Stingers
Law & Order CI
Law & Order SVU 

oh you mean those Aussie shows I've never heard of?  ;D  yeah I'm sure those are fantastic!!!  :)

Written By: robby76 on 06/24/09 at 7:48 am

Cagney & Lacey - no contest!  :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/09 at 10:59 am

Being from Canada, I must give hommage to the great 'Night Heat', a popular 80s Cop Drama on CTV that was basically our answer to Miami Vice.

One of my all-time favourites was the 90s drama 'The Commish' starring Michael Chiklis.  I used to watch that religiously.  lso enjoyed 'Hunter' in the 80s.

Written By: tv on 06/24/09 at 11:50 am

"New York Undercover" before they got rid of all the characters that made the show good in the first place.

"Law & Order" the "Detective Green years" played ny "Jessie L. Martin". I also liked actor Paul Sorvino was playing the role of detective on the show with actor "Chris Noth" I think.

NYPD Blue-The Jimmy Smits years as Detective Bobby Simone. I saw a few episodes with actor Mark Paul Gossler in it too he wasn't too bad either as role as a detective on the show. Actors like David Caruso and Ricky Schroeder didn't even last that long as detectives on the show.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/09 at 8:24 pm

The classic Law & Order series with Sam Waterston and Jerry Orbach.

I also like "Cops" for a view into twisted reality!

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 8:35 pm

My poll got screwed up some how and the L&O offshoots got added twice... sorry for the confusion...

anyway

Being from Canada, I must give hommage to the great 'Night Heat', a popular 80s Cop Drama on CTV that was basically our answer to Miami Vice.

One of my all-time favourites was the 90s drama 'The Commish' starring Michael Chiklis.  I used to watch that religiously.  lso enjoyed 'Hunter' in the 80s.

With the exception of MacGruder and Loud and Chips I was going for more realistic representations of police in tv series... I love the Commish but it wasn't law enforcement as I know it... and, well, Hunter - hey if we could all just kill the suspects everytime life would be much easier!  ;D

CHiPs I included because, even when they were dealing with grand car chases and smashups and stuff their radio codes were spot on and procedurally the series was accurate....

Magruder and Loud I added because I always try to get it out there.. I know someone, somewhere still has this series in their VHS collection.

Written By: Michael C. on 06/24/09 at 10:08 pm

Best Cop show...ever Police Story , an anthology series from Joseph Wambaugh ,an ex-Cop turned Author { The New Centurions , The Choirboys, The Onion Field, etc.}.Premiered in 1973. {3 of the episodes became TV Series......Joe Forrester ,David Cassidy:Man Undercover , Police Woman}
2 of My all time favorites..........................................Columbo and The Mod Squad.

Written By: mooster on 06/25/09 at 4:44 am

oh you mean those Aussie shows I've never heard of?  ;D  yeah I'm sure those are fantastic!!!  :)

;D

You can't fit 'em all on  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/09 at 4:51 am

;D

You can't fit 'em all on  ;)

promise... the next quiz I do on this subject will include Aussie PI or Outback Investigations or Koala Blues or whatever those shows are!

Written By: nally on 08/19/09 at 10:34 pm

The first three options ("Law & Order SVU," "Law & Order CI", other) appear twice....once at the top of the list, and again at the bottom. Is there a way to fix that?

Anyway, I didn't see Hunter on here...but I did watch a few episodes of it many moons ago, so if it were on the list I'd vote for it. Personally I'm not much into cop shows, but 'Hunter' was tolerable for a couple eps.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/20/09 at 6:04 pm

Third Watch and Other: 21 Jump Street

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/22/09 at 9:37 pm

:( What? No Miami Vice? Are you kidding? That show defined a decade!

Only Sonny Crockett (aka Sonny Burnett) could get dudsd to dress in colors that only Barbie used to wear!

And if sharp fashion and music for the MTV generation is too fast for you, there was always In the Heat of the Night.  ;D

Yup, I 'm a true 80s girl. And I still watch the latter every weekday morning.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/09 at 10:21 pm

:( What? No Miami Vice? Are you kidding? That show defined a decade!

Only Sonny Crockett (aka Sonny Burnett) could get dudsd to dress in colors that only Barbie used to wear!

And if sharp fashion and music for the MTV generation is too fast for you, there was always In the Heat of the Night.  ;D

Yup, I 'm a true 80s girl. And I still watch the latter every weekday morning.  ;)

quoting from the original post... I'm giving you a list of shows i like to choose from  ;)

Written By: nally on 04/01/16 at 10:57 am

The first three options ("Law & Order SVU," "Law & Order CI", other) appear twice....once at the top of the list, and again at the bottom. Is there a way to fix that?

Anyway, I didn't see Hunter on here...but I did watch a few episodes of it many moons ago, so if it were on the list I'd vote for it. Personally I'm not much into cop shows, but 'Hunter' was tolerable for a couple eps.

And now, 7 years later, I would vote for 'CHiPs'.

Check for new replies or respond here...