inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Don't Try This At Home-Ok, Maybe Once

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/09 at 1:48 pm

Did you ever see something on a t.v. show and wonder if it could work and you just had to try it?

My sisters & I did. It was on an episode of the Brady Bunch when they were trying to scare potential buyers away and they had a "ghost" come down the staircase. Two of my sisters & I decided to try to scare another sister the same way. We made a ghost out of a sheet and hooked it onto a hanger. We then hung string going down the stairs and it was supposed to glide along the string. But, in reality it didn't work that way. It kept getting hung up and we kept having to shake the string to try to get it go down the stairs. Did it scare my sister? Well, it was really hard to tell because she (like the 3 of us) were busy laughing so hard.

What are some of the things you did?

Cat

Subject: Re: Don't Try This At Home-Ok, Maybe Once

Written By: loki 13 on 06/26/09 at 5:46 pm

Did you ever see something on a t.v. show and wonder if it could work and you just had to try it?

My sisters & I did. It was on an episode of the Brady Bunch when they were trying to scare potential buyers away and they had a "ghost" come down the staircase. Two of my sisters & I decided to try to scare another sister the same way. We made a ghost out of a sheet and hooked it onto a hanger. We then hung string going down the stairs and it was supposed to glide along the string. But, in reality it didn't work that way. It kept getting hung up and we kept having to shake the string to try to get it go down the stairs. Did it scare my sister? Well, it was really hard to tell because she (like the 3 of us) were busy laughing so hard.

What are some of the things you did?

Cat

Nothing ever works like it does on TV,  >:(  ;D

As strange as it may sound, after my friends and I saw the movie "Rollerball" ( The original) we figured we could play that. Instead
of motorcycles we used bicycles, we played on a basketball court and put boxes on the pole as a goal. Nobody really won the game
because of all the fights that broke out while playing and one kid needed stitches after being knocked over in a pile of glass. What
a great time that was.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/09 at 5:40 pm

Nothing ever works like it does on TV,  >:(  ;D

As strange as it may sound, after my friends and I saw the movie "Rollerball" ( The original) we figured we could play that. Instead
of motorcycles we used bicycles, we played on a basketball court and put boxes on the pole as a goal. Nobody really won the game
because of all the fights that broke out while playing and one kid needed stitches after being knocked over in a pile of glass. What
a great time that was.

It looks like we are the only two who have tried things.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 06/28/09 at 6:21 pm

It looks like we are the only two who have tried things.

Cat

Or the only two who'll admit it.  ::)

Written By: Brigitte on 07/04/09 at 8:15 pm

I wondered if blind people could ride a bike....once.

Check for new replies or respond here...