inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fast Zombie or Slow?

Written By: Tia on 07/16/09 at 12:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0pmIIgAqYo

Subject: Re: Fast Zombie or Slow?

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/09 at 12:51 pm

Duh! The Slow zombie... everyone knows fast zombies are an anomaly- a freak of nature if you will it goes against evolutionism, Darwinism and GOD!

;D

Written By: Tia on 07/16/09 at 1:10 pm

Duh! The Slow zombie... everyone knows fast zombies are an anomaly- a freak of nature if you will it goes against evolutionism, Darwinism and GOD!

;D
i screwed up and voted for fast when i meant to vote slow. which maybe is just as well to keep it frm being unanimous.

i wonder if younger people who grew up on fast-zombie remakes would think the fast zombies are natural aand we're just used to slow zombies because we grew up on the originals, or if it's really that slow zombies are intrinsically better.

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/09 at 1:31 pm

i screwed up and voted for fast when i meant to vote slow. which maybe is just as well to keep it frm being unanimous.

i wonder if younger people who grew up on fast-zombie remakes would think the fast zombies are natural aand we're just used to slow zombies because we grew up on the originals, or if it's really that slow zombies are intrinsically better.

interesting point. I mean slow zombies aren't nearly as challenging but they seem to be successful none the less.... makes it more interesting that they can, occasionally, actually catch their prey.  ;D

Written By: Tia on 07/16/09 at 1:39 pm

interesting point. I mean slow zombies aren't nearly as challenging but they seem to be successful none the less.... makes it more interesting that they can, occasionally, actually catch their prey.  ;D
in the video the guy makes the point that the slow zombies allow for a lot more interestng, long, slow deaths with lots of gore. the fast zambies are good for making you jump and not much else.

i love the irony of the gloomy zombies in the shopping mall. cuz that's pretty much what mallgoels look like anyway.  ;D that was the thing with the first dawn of the dead, that we're all disturbingly close to being zambies already. with the fast zombies you lose all that social commentary. plus you lose the gore cuz they eat too fast  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/16/09 at 3:50 pm

I think someone has WAY too much time on their hands.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/09 at 4:48 pm

I think someone has WAY too much time on their hands.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

are you kidding... I totally would have done a dissertation on Zombies if I'd gone for my masters in Film Studies!  8)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/16/09 at 9:49 pm

Fast zombies, because you can't out run them.

Written By: Midas on 07/30/09 at 10:09 am

I picked slow zombies but was wondering if fast zombies die quicker.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/09/09 at 8:27 pm

Fast zombies scare me more. I won't be able to outrun the suckers and they'll eat my brains.

I'm okay with slow ones. I can run away, and if I'm lucky, maybe they'll break into a dance number (ala Thriller)  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...