inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mackenzie Phillips: I Slept with My Own Father

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/22/09 at 7:24 pm

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20307481,00.html

I guess this is the big secret coming out on tomorrow's Oprah... um, yuk!

Subject: Re: Mackenzie Phillips: I Slept with My Own Father

Written By: KKay on 09/22/09 at 11:08 pm

wow.  that's too much.. it explains alot, her being her.

Written By: Frank on 09/23/09 at 12:29 am

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20307481,00.html

I guess this is the big secret coming out on tomorrow's Oprah... um, yuk!

Somehow I am not surprised. She was taking drugs at a young age, supplied by daddy and whomever else stayed in the house.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/23/09 at 12:50 am

If you read John Phillips autobiography he kind of hints at it.  The family was kind of creepy and they had the mentality of living in a fish bowl.

Written By: ninny on 09/23/09 at 6:17 am

Yuck is right. 8-P 8-P

Written By: whistledog on 09/23/09 at 8:54 am

Suddenly, I hear the sound of southern guitars playing.

Written By: Frank on 09/23/09 at 4:23 pm

Suddenly, I hear the sound of southern guitars playing.

;D

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 09/23/09 at 5:04 pm

I really couldn't watch the interview with Oprah when she talked about her consensual sexual relationship with her father for ten years! I had to turn the channel!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/09 at 6:06 pm

Aw chucky oprah just started on the west coast.  You gave it away.
Still it doesn't surprise me.

Written By: Womble on 09/23/09 at 6:25 pm

It's very sad. It really is.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/23/09 at 6:27 pm

Aw chucky oprah just started on the west coast.  You gave it away.
Still it doesn't surprise me.

leaked last night... personally I could have done without that surprise

Written By: Dagwood on 09/23/09 at 7:48 pm

I really couldn't watch the interview with Oprah when she talked about her consensual sexual relationship with her father for ten years! I had to turn the channel!  :o

I didn't watch but my sister did and called me right after that little revelation.  Major ick factor.

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/09 at 7:57 pm

Actually it was a good interview. Not sensationalistic at all
she was in turmoil and pain. It was touching to see Val bertineli come out and support her 'sister'.

leaked last night... personally I could have done without that surprise

missed that leak. But like I say I wasn't really surprised by it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/23/09 at 9:22 pm

They were so wasted most of the time it hardly constitutes consensual sex.  That family was a half a step a way from being it's own cult.

Written By: Jessica on 09/23/09 at 11:02 pm

:o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/24/09 at 12:50 pm

:o

It takes a lot for you to be shocked. :o

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/24/09 at 1:01 pm

They were so wasted most of the time it hardly constitutes consensual sex.  That family was a half a step a way from being it's own cult.

I have to agree with you on this!

Still...gross, gross, gross!  8-P

Written By: Lindee on 09/24/09 at 3:04 pm

I think she just wants to sell a tell-all book just like any other celebrity.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/24/09 at 4:02 pm

What I find strange about the whole ordeal is that of all the editorials I've read and
listening to people on the television everyone agrees that this is high on the ick scale
but the majority of people who think it's gross have absolutly no problem believing
Adam and Eve populated the earth.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/24/09 at 4:53 pm

What I find strange about the whole ordeal is that of all the editorials I've read and
listening to people on the television everyone agrees that this is high on the ick scale
but the majority of people who think it's gross have absolutly no problem believing

Those people will also tell you Adam and Eve had no choice. *trails off saying something about how Lilith was wronged*

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 5:10 pm

logic doesn't flow high with (most) of  the people who believe Adam and Eve populated the universe.

Written By: Frank on 09/24/09 at 5:56 pm

logic doesn't flow high with (most) of  the people who believe Adam and Eve populated the universe.

The Bible says Adam and Eve populated the universe. Who am I to disagree with God?
So what if I would have written "logic doesn't flow high with (most) of  the people who believe Adam and Eve didn't populate the universe."
I'll probably get attacked now... :)

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 6:09 pm

The Bible says Adam and Eve populated the universe. Who am I to disagree with God?
So what if I would have written "logic doesn't flow high with (most) of  the people who believe Adam and Eve didn't populate the universe."

you do know that "god" didn't actually write that book right?  anyway I don't have the energy to get in a religious argument plus I like you so I'm gonna let it go...

for the record that's why I added (most) to my post. to avoid a fight.  ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/24/09 at 7:13 pm

The bible also permits genocide and slavery.  Who are we to argue with God???

Written By: star80 on 09/24/09 at 8:23 pm

If you read John Phillips autobiography he kind of hints at it.  The family was kind of creepy and they had the mentality of living in a fish bowl.

I have read the book "Papa John" they were definitely wasted.

Written By: Frank on 09/24/09 at 11:32 pm

you do know that "god" didn't actually write that book right?  anyway I don't have the energy to get in a religious argument plus I like you so I'm gonna let it go...

for the record that's why I added (most) to my post. to avoid a fight.  ;)

I don't want to fight either, and I like you too.
Religious topics are very sensitive.

Written By: Frank on 09/24/09 at 11:34 pm

The bible also permits genocide and slavery.  Who are we to argue with God???

I won't reply to such an idiotic comment.
Religious topics are very sensitive. I don't shoot down what you believe, why do you shoot down others??????
Not nice.

Written By: robby76 on 09/25/09 at 1:07 am

I'll never look at "One Day At A Time" in the same way again.  8-P And I agree with Lindee... anything to sell a few books and revive your career. It worked for Valerie Bertinelli.

Wilson Phillips sang a lot about child abuse and molestation in their 2nd album. Isn't Chynna Phillips related to Mackenzie in some way?

* edit * Just realised Mackenzie and Chynna were sisters! Wow never knew that.

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2009/09/113295/400_mphillips_cphillips_090923_.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 10:46 am

I'll never look at "One Day At A Time" in the same way again.  8-P And I agree with Lindee... anything to sell a few books and revive your career. It worked for Valerie Bertinelli.

Wilson Phillips sang a lot about child abuse and molestation in their 2nd album. Isn't Chynna Phillips related to Mackenzie in some way?

* edit * Just realised Mackenzie and Chynna were sisters! Wow never knew that.

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2009/09/113295/400_mphillips_cphillips_090923_.jpg

half sisters..... Mack said John never slept with his other children and Chynna (apparently) supports Mack's accusations.

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 10:51 am

Religious topics are very sensitive. I don't shoot down what you believe, why do you shoot down others??????
Not nice.

frank,

its not religion itself that is the issue. Its the blindness with which some people follow it... and the amount of hypocrisy that results from that I have issue with.

If you have faith that is great for you but it is not something that I buy into.  You will find that we have very vocal atheist and agnostics on this board (generally I am one of them but don't feel fighting now). Usually the discussion stays in the politics section but sometimes it creeps out everywhere....

Kathie will not change your mind nor will you change Kathie's out of respect for both of you I'm going to stay out of this one but know this battle will go no where and will likely cause another rift in the boards. 

Written By: anabel on 09/25/09 at 11:40 am

Just my 2 cents here, but obviously the Phillips family had NO relationship with God and that's probably why all this happened in the first place....it's sad and disgusting.  You don't have to be a religious fanatic to see that was just all really wrong. When you are raised to know better, it's just obvious you would see something wrong with that picture.

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 1:52 pm

Just my 2 cents here, but obviously the Phillips family had NO relationship with God and that's probably why all this happened in the first place....it's sad and disgusting.  You don't have to be a religious fanatic to see that was just all really wrong. When you are raised to know better, it's just obvious you would see something wrong with that picture.

love ya anabel but people who claim to worship god (and I'm not just talking about catholic priests) participate in this behavior so I think your comment is off the mark.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/25/09 at 2:16 pm

half sisters..... Mack said John never slept with his other children and Chynna (apparently) supports Mack's accusations.

Bijou said Mack told her when they were teens and that she (B) believes her (M).

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/Bijou-Phillips-knew-Mackenzie-had-sex-with-father-1522074.story#m=InqCkudBRqU

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 6:45 pm

Bijou said Mack told her when they were teens and that she (B) believes her (M).

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/Bijou-Phillips-knew-Mackenzie-had-sex-with-father-1522074.story#m=InqCkudBRqU

oprah did s follow up today.

Bijou wrote: Mack told me when I was thirteen and I was scared because Iived alone with my father. Later Mack said it didn't happen.
The man Mack describes on her book is the man I know and love. He's not the man who man raised me. And then something about macks reality being clouded by drugs.

Step mom michelle says hell no it didn't happen Mack needs a shrink. Blah blah blah neddle in the arm.

Chynna has known the truth for twelve years. But wonders about the details as they are presented in the book because how can she recall w/ such detail when she was in a drug induced state.

chynna understands why Michelle says nay but chynna is supportting Mack.
Despite the fact that she was hoping the world wouldn't learn this family secret.

Chynna was never approached in that way by dad.

All agree John was charasmatic, charming and loving.

Chynna is religious and now sings Christian music.

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 6:51 pm

Apparently the other pappa knew about the situation and he told his daughter about it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/25/09 at 8:26 pm

Not nice.

Oh I'm sorry.  By the way you have no clue as to what I believe, nor will I give you the privilege of knowing that info.

Written By: mooster on 09/25/09 at 8:42 pm

This disgusts me - but neither surprises..nor shocks...

Written By: Michael C. on 09/26/09 at 8:28 am

The "majority" of People who think it's gross ?,,,,WHO doesn't think it's gross ?...Is there ANYBODY who thinks that behavior is ok ?

Written By: loki 13 on 09/26/09 at 10:04 am

The "majority" of People who think it's gross ?,,,,WHO doesn't think it's gross ?...Is there ANYBODY who thinks that behavior is ok ?

Dude, don't read half of a sentence then make a comment. Read the whole sentence,
then you may understand what's being said.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 10:04 am

Oh I'm sorry.  By the way you have no clue as to what I believe, nor will I give you the privilege of knowing that info.

oh come on Kathie... you know its on the boards somewhere...but someone has to dig really really deep to find it.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 10:05 am

I presume the other people who are engaging in the behavior don't think its gross

Written By: loki 13 on 09/26/09 at 10:18 am

I going to explain myself, though I shouldn't have to. I didn't intend for my comment to turn into
a big religious debate on who believes what. My comment was about how incestuous behavior by
Mackenzie and her father is deemed gross ---- which it is ---- but incestuous behavior (some
perceived some not) in the bible is an accepted belief and free of any wrong doing.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 10:20 am

I going to explain myself, though I shouldn't have to. I didn't intend for my comment to turn into
a big religious debate on who believes what. My comment was about how incestuous behavior by
Mackenzie and her father is deemed gross ---- which it is ---- but incestuous behavior (some
perceived some not) in the bible is an accepted belief and free of any wrong doing.

and I still think its a pretty valid point... but remember you're not supposed to question the bible its a do as we say not as we do mentality  ;) 

Written By: Michael C. on 09/26/09 at 11:52 am

Dude, I read the whole sentence, I totally understood what was being said.....
I just used a few of Your words to state My opinion...that Who doesn't think the Phillips situation is gross.......
I was in NO way  questioning Your post.
My apologies that You misunderstood what I was saying....
Dude, don't read half of a sentence than make a comment. Read the whole sentence,
then you may understand what's being said.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/26/09 at 11:58 am

Dude, I read the whole sentence, I totally understood what was being said.....
I just used a few of Your words to state My opinion...that Who doesn't think the Phillips situation is gross.......
I was in NO way  questioning Your post.
My apologies that You misunderstood what I was saying....

Okay, were all on the same page now. all is good. ;D

Written By: anabel on 09/26/09 at 12:28 pm

WOW, This kind of topic brings out the worst in the best people and there are always those people who just cannot stand the fact that someone else might see things differently.  Closed minded people ruin it for people who are open to others' ideas and are respectful of opinions. And the people who can't stand to see someone have a different opinion are the ones who get nasty. And it's always the same people attacking.  I usually avoid these threads because of certain people here, but occasionally I believe I should be able to post my opinion just like everyone else.

I once said I would never be afraid to voice my opinion here again and I won't.  Threads like this are fine, and certainly deserve a place, but the same people always attacking others is NOT. We ALL should be totally allowed to voice what we feel, without being attacked.  It doesn't make any one person wrong or right.  Now, the way Q disagreed with me?  I'm totally cool with that, I respect HER right to a different opinion and I'm cool with it, but people who just out and out attack for fun?  I have no more time for that.

I think we could ALL benefit from the old saying "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I AM NOT trying to be all religious, this is a very simple statement, if you don't want to be attacked for your beliefs, don't attack others for THEIRS.

Written By: Jessica on 09/26/09 at 4:13 pm

I worship Bob Saget.  Please don't attack me.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/Hmm.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 4:17 pm

I'm dyslexic therefore I worship Dog  :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/26/09 at 4:21 pm

Who was it that said I don't believe in God, I believe in cashmire?  Anyway, I'm a Deist that doesn't believe that incest is ever normal. 

Written By: Jessica on 09/26/09 at 4:21 pm

Q: Did you hear the one about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?
A: He lay awake at night wondering if there really was a dog.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 4:22 pm

Q: Did you hear the one about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?
A: He lay awake at night wondering if there really was a dog.

dang I do that every night!

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 4:25 pm

Who was it that said I don't believe in God, I believe in cashmire?  Anyway, I'm a Deist that doesn't believe that incest is ever normal. 

yeah I had to look that one up! I like especially this part:

Deists believe in the existence of God, on purely rational grounds, without any reliance on revealed religion or religious authority

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/26/09 at 4:29 pm

yeah I had to look that one up! I like especially this part:

Deists believe in the existence of God, on purely rational grounds, without any reliance on revealed religion or religious authority

Yep, so now you know. :)

Written By: Jessica on 09/26/09 at 4:31 pm

I'm a Theological Evolutionist, which is sort of an oxymoron, but it fits what I believe at this time.

I also feel that I don't have to apologize or justify these beliefs, nor do I have to recruit people to this line of thinking.

The end.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 4:33 pm

I'm a Theological Evolutionist, which is sort of an oxymoron, but it fits what I believe at this time.

I also feel that I don't have to apologize or justify these beliefs, nor do I have to recruit people to this line of thinking.

The end.

ugh that's too much reading for my tastes... I can't follow anything that expects me to read a whole internet page.....let alone a big assed book  ;)

Written By: Jessica on 09/26/09 at 4:35 pm

ugh that's too much reading for my tastes... I can't follow anything that expects me to read a whole internet page.....let alone a big assed book  ;)

Basic premise -science and religion don't have to be at odds. ;)

And no, this doesn't allude to Christian Science.  This is entirely different.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 4:36 pm

that's not bad...thanks for the break down.  :)

Written By: Jessica on 09/26/09 at 4:37 pm

that's not bad...thanks for the break down.  :)

Quite welcome.

And throughout all the shenanigans on this thread, it doesn't change the fact that the original story has a high "ick" factor.  Kthxbai.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/26/09 at 4:38 pm

The end.

Oh something interesting to ponder. :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/26/09 at 4:41 pm

I think I should remind people of the fact that Adam and Eve had nothing to do with John Phillips being an egotistical pervert.  If they did I'm sure they would have tried to prevent it . . . anyone would!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 4:43 pm

I think I should remind people of the fact that Adam and Eve had nothing to do with John Phillips being an egotistical pervert.  If they did I'm sure they would have tried to prevent it . . . anyone would!!!

I think, technically speaking... since Adam and Eve supposedly populated the universe we are all pretty much guilty of some form of incest or another... 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/26/09 at 4:47 pm

I think, technically speaking... since Adam and Eve supposedly populated the universe we are all pretty much guilty of some form of incest or another... 

Which leads me to believe John Phillips will be used as a means of denying even the slightest form of human evolution. 8-P

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 4:49 pm

Which leads me to believe John Phillips will be used as a means of denying even the slightest form of human evolution. 8-P

oh noes

Written By: Frank on 09/26/09 at 4:57 pm

Thanks for your apology. Appreciate it.

Thanks for sharing your beliefs as a Deist, in the existence of God. I respect your choice as I respect others who chose their religion or chose not to believe in any at all.

It's important that anyone on the boards ( including myself of course) does not take shots at others and their beliefs as religion is usually a very sensitive topic and most people have put a lot of thought in what they believe in. So taking shots at the Qu'ran or the Bible or the Book of Mormon or the Torah or any other religious book can be very hurtful to others.

Written By: Frank on 09/26/09 at 5:40 pm

WOW, This kind of topic brings out the worst in the best people and there are always those people who just cannot stand the fact that someone else might see things differently.  Closed minded people ruin it for people who are open to others' ideas and are respectful of opinions. And the people who can't stand to see someone have a different opinion are the ones who get nasty. And it's always the same people attacking.  I usually avoid these threads because of certain people here, but occasionally I believe I should be able to post my opinion just like everyone else.

I once said I would never be afraid to voice my opinion here again and I won't.  Threads like this are fine, and certainly deserve a place, but the same people always attacking others is NOT. We ALL should be totally allowed to voice what we feel, without being attacked.  It doesn't make any one person wrong or right.  Now, the way Q disagreed with me?  I'm totally cool with that, I respect HER right to a different opinion and I'm cool with it, but people who just out and out attack for fun?  I have no more time for that.

I think we could ALL benefit from the old saying "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I AM NOT trying to be all religious, this is a very simple statement, if you don't want to be attacked for your beliefs, don't attack others for THEIRS.

Well put.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/26/09 at 11:51 pm

Who you rollin' with, Jess?  She's a-Rollin' with Saget,
Numbero uno, nobody does it better,
What's this thread about again?  Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob Saget,
The illest line of the song is back on topic for this thread-a.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/29/09 at 2:28 pm

And no, this doesn't allude to Christian Science.  This is entirely different.

Based on your summary, I like it.  Will have to do further research.  :)

Written By: MC Hammer Jr on 10/10/09 at 6:44 pm

I would never sleep with my daddy!

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/09 at 7:15 pm

I would never sleep with my daddy!

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/dumbass_thumb.jpg

Written By: MC Hammer Jr on 10/10/09 at 8:17 pm

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/dumbass_thumb.jpg

Is that supposed to be me? That looks nothing like me!

http://www.westvillagekids.com/newsletter/mchammer/mchammer.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...