inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Have I been living under a rock..Who are The Kelly Family?

Written By: ninny on 10/05/09 at 3:39 pm

I was looking songs up on YouTube and came across a family of singers called The Kelly's. I first saw the video and thought they were girls (I was wrong when I noticed one was named Paddy & the other Angelo) I looked up a few facts on Wikipedia and discovered they were popular in Europe.
Does anyone like them, know anything about them?

Amazing Grace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoL5-TUat5o&feature=related#
An Angel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIGGVIkcyWU&feature=related#

Subject: Re: Have I been living under a rock..Who are The Kelly Family?

Written By: Henk on 10/05/09 at 4:23 pm

Sure I've heard of the Kelly Family. :)

Originally, they were Irish, but they've been roaming around Europe before settling in Germany around 1980.
In the early days (ca. 1960 to the early 1980's), it was father Dan with his ever increasing flock of children. From the 1990's onward, it was the children only. Father Dan died in 2002.
They scored their first international hit in 1979 with "David's Song (Who'll Come With Me)" - a #2 in Holland.
It took them 17 years to score a second hit in Holland: "I Can't Help Myself (I Love You, I Want You)" reached #1 in 1996.
Two more Top 10 hits were to follow in Holland: "Fell In Love With An Alien" (1997, #3) and "Because It's Love" (1998, #6), along with a handful of Top 40 hits.
The Kelly Family are still performing, and hugely popular in Germany.

Subject: Re: Have I been living under a rock..Who are The Kelly Family?

Written By: ninny on 10/05/09 at 5:12 pm

Sure I've heard of the Kelly Family. :)

Originally, they were Irish, but they've been roaming around Europe before settling in Germany around 1980.
In the early days (ca. 1960 to the early 1980's), it was father Dan with his ever increasing flock of children. From the 1990's onward, it was the children only. Father Dan died in 2002.
They scored their first international hit in 1979 with "David's Song (Who'll Come With Me)" - a #2 in Holland.
It took them 17 years to score a second hit in Holland: "I Can't Help Myself (I Love You, I Want You)" reached #1 in 1996.
Two more Top 10 hits were to follow in Holland: "Fell In Love With An Alien" (1997, #3) and "Because It's Love" (1998, #6), along with a handful of Top 40 hits.
The Kelly Family are still performing, and hugely popular in Germany.

thanks Henk, I'll have to look those songs up. I read where the one boy (Paddy) left the band.

Check for new replies or respond here...