inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst Holiday specials/movies/tv episodes

Written By: woops on 12/13/09 at 4:13 pm

"Flight Before Christmas"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcV2cYv0VkE

I'll probably get hated for this, but I find "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" extremely boring. Though not as creepy like the recent CGI movie...  :o

Subject: Re: Worst Holiday specials/movies/tv episodes

Written By: loki 13 on 12/13/09 at 5:01 pm

Nestor The Long Eared Jackass..er..I mean Donkey.

Rudolph's Shiny New Year or any other sequel or continuation of a classic special.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/13/09 at 5:05 pm

I don't get the whole love of "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"

Written By: Davester on 12/13/09 at 5:29 pm

I'll probably get hated for this, but I find "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" extremely boring.

You had to be a kid.  I think the Mr. Magoo version is the only one I've seen, and definitely the first one...

The Star Wars special is sickening to watch because I watched it recently and got sick.  Oh well...

Written By: woops on 12/13/09 at 6:23 pm

Nestor The Long Eared Jackass..er..I mean Donkey.

Rudolph's Shiny New Year or any other sequel or continuation of a classic special.

Not into Rankin Bass specials except for "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"

Agree that if I'd grew up with them, I might appreciate them... then again there's many cartoons and tv shows from my youth that I tend to cringe now as an adult

Written By: Step-chan on 12/13/09 at 7:23 pm

Star Wars Holiday Special and Christmas album.

I read a article(with pics from it) and listened to the Christmas album on this one site.

Why both were ever made is beyond me.

Written By: whistledog on 12/13/09 at 7:35 pm

^ The Star Wars Christmas Album was actually a success and launched a minor US chart hit with 'What Can You Get A Wookie For Christmas (When He Already Owns A Comb)'.  It was the first in what was to be a series of annual Star Wars Christmas albums, but when RSO Records went bye bye, the idea was scrapped.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/13/09 at 7:45 pm

Well, that I did not know. :D

The name definetly helped the sales in that case.(and maybe the novelty of it)

It's funny that Bon Jovi sung on it.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/14/09 at 4:10 pm

Well, that I did not know. :D

The name definetly helped the sales in that case.(and maybe the novelty of it)

It's funny that Bon Jovi sung on it.

WHAT? BON JOVI IS IN THAT MONSTROSITY?!

Anyways, "The Night B4 Christmas" was terrible. You can't make an urban, rappish Christmas show.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/14/09 at 6:43 pm

http://www.i-mockery.com/shorts/starwars-xmas/

Note: Strong language and a shirtless Bon Jovi in a hammock.

Here is the song that Bon Jovi sung on(as described on that site):

"R2-D2 We Wish You A Merry Christmas" - This song is C-3PO's gift to his little buddy, R2-D2. He tells R2 to plug-in to the mainframe so he can listen. If I was R2, I'd be pretty ****** off if my gift was to hear Bon Jovi singing "R2-D2 We Wish You A Merry Christmas" along with a high school choir. It's sickening hilarious hearing Bon Jovi sing the lead vocals on this song. You wouldn't even recognize it was him without reading the album notes. "And if the snow becomes too deep, just give a little peep." I'm fairly sure Bon Jovi used to be a woman.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/15/09 at 12:29 am

http://www.i-mockery.com/shorts/starwars-xmas/

Note: Strong language and a shirtless Bon Jovi in a hammock.

And then Bea Arthur shows up.  And then - only then - does it start to go off the rails.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/so_bad_its_worse.png

(Yes, for every thread topic, there's an XKCD comic, and this thread about something So Bad It's Worse is no exception.)

The Star Wars Holiday Special is something that must be seen to be believed.  Be warned; that which has been seen cannot be unseen.  It makes Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III look like Oscar-winning performances.  It makes Jar Jar Binks look talented.  It's the goa*youknowhat*se of live television.  And for all that, it's worse than my mere words can describe. 

How bad is it?  It's way worse than you can imagine.

You don't know?  You can imagine quite a bit?

Go ahead, grab that .torrent at your own peril, and may God have mercy on Minneapolis, where it will be shown in a public theater on December 16, 2009.

If the world ends in a vortex of suck two days from now, it won't be from the LHC.  You were warned.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/15/09 at 7:30 pm

Although my link is about Xmas album, which is on a similiar scale to the holiday special.

I listened to the entire album, oh man.... The funny thing is that a college music professer wrote alot of the songs for that album, which as they said on the article, all the education in the world can't teach someone to have good taste.

Written By: woops on 12/16/09 at 11:33 am

"Yogi's First Christmas"... lacks the camp value from the early Hanna Barbera cartoons

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/16/09 at 12:51 pm

"Mickey's Magical Christmas-Snowed in at the House of Mouse".

The only two exceptions are "Pluto's Christmas Tree" and "Mickey's Christmas Carol". I would just get the DVD called "Classic Cartoon Favorites" by Disney.

Mickey and his friends are stuck at the House of Mouse and Donald Duck gets the Holiday Blues. This part drags on as well as the "Mouse Works" cartoons...especially The Nutcracker.

"The Nutcracker" short was TOO damn crazy! Donald Duck as the Mouse King? What about Mortimer? He would do better! On the bright side, it inspired me to make the character The Duck-Mouse King. (But he sounds like HIM from "The Powerpuff Girls" and acts like Sideshow Bob...always hungry for blood).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/09 at 1:46 pm

The Nutcracker with Macaulay Culkin. Who the hell decided to include a non-dancer in a ballet?  ::) That is as bad as casting a non-singer in a musical.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...