inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: True Blood (HBO)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/12/10 at 11:28 pm

I put it in more than a decade because it DID  start in the 2000's and now the third season starts tomorrow (June 13th, 2010).

I didn't see a thread just for this series so I guess this will have to do.

Anybody watch them?  Anybody read the novels they are based on?  It is based on the The Southern Vampire Mysteries  series of novels by Charlaine Harris.

What characters you like best?  Which couples do you like best?  Wh at (if anything) annoys you?  Any storylines in particular that you liked so far?

Subject: Re: True Blood (HBO)

Written By: snozberries on 06/13/10 at 1:55 pm

I put it in more than a decade because it DID  start in the 2000's and now the third season starts tomorrow (June 13th, 2010).

I didn't see a thread just for this series so I guess this will have to do.

Anybody watch them?  Anybody read the novels they are based on?   It is based on the The Southern Vampire Mysteries  series of novels by Charlaine Harris.

What characters you like best?  Which couples do you like best?  Wh at (if anything) annoys you?  Any storylines in particular that you liked so far?

sadly I have yet to watch it....but I did attend a paleyfest panel with the cast...  ;)

I will probably pick it up at the end of Season three because that's when I anticipate having time...

my boss loves the books and says the show is way more explicit than the books are...
also I know that one character, Tara played by Rutina Wesley, was not in the first book but she's been in since the pilot or something like that..... because they liked the character so much and wanted to include her early on... 

Check for new replies or respond here...