inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The color green's "popular" tone through the decades

Written By: yelimsexa on 08/02/10 at 10:28 am

I've noticed that the color green, in popular fashion/graphics, may have changed the most in terms of style, whether it be on clothes, cars, interior design, and general purposes more than any other decade.

The green of the '50s is that light, pale, creamy tone.
The green of the '60s tends to be a nice, bright medium green.
Earthy (roughly a medium-dark green) seem to dominate those carpets/furniture of the '70s.
That green you see in the word "Vice" in the logo of the TV series "Miami Vice" perhaps best represented the green tone of the '80s; a bit brighter than the '50s paleness.
Dark green seemed to be popular during the '90s.
An ultra-bright, lime green seems to be the popular green tone since the early 2000's.

Subject: Re: The color green's "popular" tone through the decades

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/02/10 at 11:04 pm

Oh yeah, I like green things.

Sometimes I like to trade one kind of green thing for another kind of green thing.
8)

Green continues to be popular after a 750,000 year-run as one of man's favorite colors. 

That's why they do all the nursing homes in green.  Every generation likes it, so they don't have to redecorate so often.

I have heard tell that God chose green for so many of nature's wonders because the color is so pleasing to the human eye.

Hence, the trading of one kind of green thing for another kind of green thing.
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...