inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ayn Rand's Erotic Dream

Written By: Satish on 10/03/10 at 5:26 pm

(The following was posted in another forum by someone who had just finished Atlas Shrugged)

Ayn lay naked on silk sheets, the silk sheets she had bought with her own money, in payment to the man of ability who had made them, with money she had made by right and virtue of her own literary and philosophic genius.
She was a builder of words, a mover, she had raised herself to wealth without any help from anyone else, by virtue of her talent alone.
Payment for payment, virtue for virtue.
Outside her bedroom window were railroad tracks, made of solid, objective, A is A metal, and when powerful, material, pulsating trains sped past her window she saw the reflection of them on the gold bauble bracelet she wore on her wrist, made by skillful artisans, as the train was made by skilled entrepreneurs in factories of poured steel.
When she saw the reflection, she undulated and gasped in orgasm.
Oh, the men of ability! The builders, the movers, the piles of money accrued by virtuous industrialists, their virtue proved by the wealth they made!
Payment for payment, value for value!
Ayn turned on her side, panting from her exertion, and saw the sign of the dollar appear on her bedroom wall.
Oh, the value, the payment that symbolized.
Capitalism! Materialism!
Ayn climaxed again, and dreamed of the man with golden locks and green eyes to descend upon her bed and take her away to the valley of righteousness!

;D

Subject: Re: Ayn Rand's Erotic Dream

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/03/10 at 9:04 pm

(The following was posted in another forum by someone who had just finished Atlas Shrugged)

It was done in less than 20 pages, and didn't even say "rape" once, let alone twice.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7Zby1-1ylD0/0.jpg

Not a bad start, but for Ms. Rand, that barely qualifies as foreplay.  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/10 at 12:23 am

You mean the one where she grabs John Galt's long...treatise.

Excuse me.... http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/icon_biggrin.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/05/10 at 10:59 pm

You mean the one where she grabs John Gals long...treatise.

Oh no.  The originals in her actual books were worse.  Way worse.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/10 at 12:51 am

Sorry, I meant, John Galt.  John Galt's long...treatise!

What was way worse?  The one where she gets the crabs from some beatniks at the Freelove commune?
:P

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/06/10 at 9:37 pm

What was way worse?  The one where she gets the crabs from some beatniks at the Freelove commune?

Seriously dude.  You have to google the books and infringe on her copyright.  It's like what Andrea Dworkin imagines all heterosexual sex is like, except that Ayn liked it that way.  You can't make it up.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/10 at 9:53 pm

Seriously dude.  You have to google the books and infringe on her copyright.  It's like what Andrea Dworkin imagines all heterosexual sex is like, except that Ayn liked it that way.  You can't make it up.

Andrea Dworkin sure knew how to suck a lemon!  What a sourpuss.  I prefer Valerie Solanos when it comes to your militant feminist demagogues.  Except I don't like that she shot Andy Warhol.  Andy Warhol snubbed his devotees all the time.  You can't be getting so wound up in a crazy ball you go and shoot somebody.  Go take some yoga classes or something.

My problem with Dworkin is a bunch of her stuff didn't make sense.  It was hysterical blathering set to page.  The Ayn Rand stuff I read made perfect sense, wholly logical it was.  I didn't agree with it.  I believe its implementation is inhumane, immoral, and dangerous.  However, I can't say she doesn't make sense.

:-\\

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/06/10 at 10:15 pm

My problem with Dworkin is a bunch of her stuff didn't make sense.  It was hysterical blathering set to page.  The Ayn Rand stuff I read made perfect sense, wholly logical it was.  I didn't agree with it.  I believe its implementation is inhumane, immoral, and dangerous.  However, I can't say she doesn't make sense.

No, you're talking about her philosophy in her novels.  I'm talking about the romance scenes in her novels.  Dare you to read one.  (You can even skip the philosophy bits :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/10 at 10:29 pm

No, you're talking about her philosophy in her novels.  I'm talking about the romance scenes in her novels.  Dare you to read one.  (You can even skip the philosophy bits :)

I'm sorry, I just don't find objectivity sexy.  She might have better luck with Mr. Spock or Data.  It's not that Ayn didn't look damn good when she was shilling for Wilkie.  It was the blatant dismissal of man's collectivist weaknesses and seems to favor the power status quo.  When she would talk, I thought it was endearing.  I mean, I'm remembering from documentaries.  I sure would like to have seen the campaign Russian girl accent that was very endearing!
:)

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/07/10 at 8:40 pm

I'm sorry, I just don't find objectivity sexy. 

Lemme try putting this another way: suppose there was this 40 pound box.  Even a cursory reading would reveal that her "thing" was to open it. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/07/10 at 8:45 pm

Lemme try putting this another way: suppose there was this 40 pound box.  Even a cursory reading would reveal that her "thing" was to open it. 

You're way ahead of me dude!  I don't wanna know about Ayn Rand's 40-pound box.  No thanx.
8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/07/10 at 10:19 pm

You're way ahead of me dude!  I don't wanna know about Ayn Rand's 40-pound box.  No thanx.
8-P

Perhaps a reference to a skeletally-photoshopped poster of Lincoln would get the point across :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/07/10 at 10:39 pm

Perhaps a reference to a skeletally-photoshopped poster of Lincoln would get the point across :)

Like Fidel Castro eating a hot dog?

Check for new replies or respond here...