inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you could exist in TV Universe...which shows would you want to be a part of?

Written By: snozberries on 10/20/10 at 1:23 pm

So I found this http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2009/06/awesome-cartoon-houses-we-wish-we-could-live-in/
It basically lists the top 10 cartoon/chirldren's show homes they would want to live in.

I decided to expand it.  If you could, living as yourself, exist in any of the TV Shows past or present, which tv family, friends, co-workers would you want to hang with?

I always wanted to take a cruise on the Love Boat.  I thought it'd be fun with to hang with Gopher and Julie.

I also wanted to spend a week on Fantasy Island!  I don't know what my fantasy would've been but I'm sure it would've been good.

I wanted to go to Eastland with Natalie, Jo, Tootie and even Blair

I wanted to attend Hillman College with Whitley, Dwayne, Jalessa and crew.... mostly after Jada got there...

I thought I'd get along great with the girls from Living Single so I wanted to be a friend who could chill in their living room too.

I wanted to spend Halloween with the Conners...

And I would love to be Garcia's sidekick on Criminal Minds!!!  plus I want to date Morgan...  ;)

your turn.....

Subject: Re: If you could exist in TV Universe...which shows would you want to be a part of?

Written By: whistledog on 10/20/10 at 4:37 pm

To live with Valerie's family.  Valerie was a cool Mom and Aunt Sandy was a cool, hip Aunt.

To go on adventures with Jake Cutter on 'Tales of the Gold Monkey'

Subject: Re: If you could exist in TV Universe...which shows would you want to be a part of?

Written By: Frank on 10/20/10 at 5:52 pm

A few thoughts:

I'd be a kid on the Brady Bunch, or the Waltons.

I'd live down the hall from Jerry and Kramer.

I'd be Barbara Cooper's boyfriend in "One day at a time"

I'd be the paper boy in Dick Van Dyke show, with a crush on Laura Petrie.

I'd be a cast member on SOAP.

I'd go back in time and make sure Scrappy doo never got on TV. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/10 at 6:05 pm

Baby, if you've ever wondered,
Wondered whatever became of me,
I'm living on the air in Cincinnati,
Cincinnati, WKRP.

Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati..

The problem with that is that it is in Ohio.  8-P

Could always hang out at Cheers. (I actually been there.)

I could say the Stratford Inn in Newhart but then again, I DO live there!  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/20/10 at 6:20 pm

If part of the deal was making me 5 years old again, I'd totally hang out on Sesame Street.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/10 at 6:44 pm

If part of the deal was making me 5 years old again, I'd totally hang out on Sesame Street.  ;)

Who wouldn't.

I could so hang out in the Muppet Show theatre. I could sit in the balcony with Waldorf & Statler & heckle everyone.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/20/10 at 7:37 pm

Who wouldn't.

I could so hang out in the Muppet Show theatre. I could sit in the balcony with Waldorf & Statler & heckle everyone.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I used to work with these two guys in their fifties, Vern and Roy, who totally reminded me of Statler and Waldorf.

If you can picture Statler and Waldorf as a couple of foul-mouthed, rough-around-the-edges and somewhat redneckish yet good-natured blue collar guys, sitting in a dive bar instead of in the balcony of a fancy theater, then you'd have Vern and Roy.  :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/20/10 at 8:29 pm

Who wouldn't.

I could so hang out in the Muppet Show theatre.

Cat

Totally agree with ya there.

Also want to go on vacation at Fantasy Island, Love Boat, Son of the Beach, The Diamond Head Gameshow (although one of the prizes was a 52-day cruise to Mexico and Central America (52 days???!!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzh6XCjUfno

Want to get hospital treatment at St. Elsewhere, E/R and ER (both starring George Clooney), Marcus Welby, M.D., Becker, Doogie Howser, M.D., and take my cat to the vet on Providence.

I want to stay at the hotel on Hotel, the Nutt House, The Golden Palace, The Monteceto on Las Vegas, move into the Susan B. Anthony residence for women on Bosom Buddies, visit all the homes of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, Angela's house on Falcon Crest.

I want to work at Warehouse 13, the Blue Moon Detective Agency on Moonlighting, Ten Items or Less, Twins, Frasier's radio station, the Cold Case Philadelphia Cold Case Squad, the office on Herman's Head, the FBI in either Numbers or Without a Trace, I want to be a spy on Get Smart.

I want to go to school at the New York School for the Performing Arts on Fame, in Outer Space on Galaxy High, Square Pegs, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Strangers with candy, Head of the Class, City Guys, and any of the incarnations of DeGrassi.

I want to eat at the restaurants on It's a Living, Alice, the nightclub on Malcom and Eddie, P3 on Charmed, The Peach Pit on Beverly Hills 90210, Central Perk on Friends, the cafe on Life Goes On.

I want to be neighbors of The Golden Girls, Empty Nest, The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd, Alf, The Charmings, Jennifer Slept Here, Just the Ten of Us, Kate & Allie, Angie, Too Close for Comfort, Northern Exposure,  Dharma & Greg, Eight is enough, The Brady Brides, Half & Half, Mama's Family, Grace Under Fire, Cosby AND The Cosby Show, My name is Earl, Drew Carey Show, Major Dad, Homefront, The Torklesons, and That '70s Show.

I want to live in Silver Spoons mansion, Diff'rent Strokes' Mansion, The Addams Family House, and even Good Times apartment because there is always something going on there.

And lastly I want to be in episodes of the Twilight Zone, Stephen Speilberg's Amazing Stories and Star Trek.

I could happily live the rest of my life in TV Land.

(No, I don't watch much t.v.  :D ) http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/tv-1.gif

Written By: Frank on 10/21/10 at 12:06 am

I'd be Kevin Arnold in the Wonder years.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/21/10 at 12:25 am

Forgot to say I want to be dispatcher for Emergency, work at the California Highway Patrol with Ponch and Jon in CHiPs, also work in the Pie Hole on Pushing Daisies, the souvenier shop in Wonderfalls and be neighbors with Samantha and Darrin Stevens on Bewitched, and Herman and Lily on the Munsters.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/21/10 at 1:44 am

I would like to be Rod Serling in "The Twilight Zone." 

Joe Friday in "Dragnet."

Brian on the "Family Guy."

Columbo on "Columbo."

Maybe I would like to live in "Monty Python's Flying Circus"!

:D

Written By: 80sfan on 10/21/10 at 1:49 am

Family Guy, no doubt! I wouldn't want to be Meg though.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/21/10 at 7:07 am

I'd want to be a cast member as well, but only to find out what happened beyond season 4.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/21/10 at 11:58 am

I used to work with these two guys in their fifties, Vern and Roy, who totally reminded me of Statler and Waldorf.

If you can picture Statler and Waldorf as a couple of foul-mouthed, rough-around-the-edges and somewhat redneckish yet good-natured blue collar guys, sitting in a dive bar instead of in the balcony of a fancy theater, then you'd have Vern and Roy.  :D

I can SOOOO picture that. The funny thing is, when I first moved to Vermont, everyone asked me if I met Larry, Darrel, & Darrel. I said no but I met George Utley. No joke. The first house I lived in when I first moved here had a maintenance guy who reminded me TOTALLY of George. He name was Dan but I always called him George. The thing was, he was from New Hampshire (because at the time, I lived just a hop, skip, & a jump from NH).

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/21/10 at 9:26 pm

I'd be Jem.  Of Jem and the Rockers.  Of course.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/22/10 at 12:21 am

"This post is bad and you should feel bad!"  (I'm not much different from Waldorf or Statler myself...)

If I could choose any sitcom in the universe:  Futurama.  (Bender is my spiritual totem, but I'd even enjoy being Zoidberg.)

But real life's not so bad:  Silver Spoons.  I may not be wealthy, but I do have a small arcade in my living room.

Will Foo ever escape the middle class?  Will Maxwell eventually hang him with the rope that Foo sold him?  Will Howard ever get laid?  These questions - and many others - will be answered in the next episode of Inthe00s!  (Cue theme music...)

Written By: Tia on 10/22/10 at 7:49 am

weirdly, the first thing that came to my mind is that i'd like to have been one of the freaks from "freaks and geeks."

my two latest obsessions, "the office" and "peep show", feature characters none of whose lives i'd wanna touch with a ten-foot pole!  ;D i'd love to throw down a couple pints of lager with mitchell and webb, though. clever, clever fellows, those two.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/22/10 at 10:24 pm

Who wouldn't.

Cat

Statler & Waldorf vs. Uncle Miltie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfx3QAV64M

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/10 at 10:32 pm

And how could I forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eUIK9CihA

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 9:32 am

To live with Valerie's family.  Valerie was a cool Mom and Aunt Sandy was a cool, hip Aunt.

To go on adventures with Jake Cutter on 'Tales of the Gold Monkey'

All I can remember of Tales of the Gold Monkey was that Jake seemed to crash land...... a lot.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 9:34 am

A few thoughts:

I'd be a kid on the Brady Bunch, or the Waltons.

I couldn't. Too many damn kids already!!!

I'd live down the hall from Jerry and Kramer.

you'd probably just end up another Newman!  :D

I'd be Barbara Cooper's boyfriend in "One day at a time"

Pervert!!!  :P  ;D

I'd be the paper boy in Dick Van Dyke show, with a crush on Laura Petrie.

see above comment and re apply!  ;)

Now that I can totally see!!! O0

I'd go back in time and make sure Scrappy doo never got on TV. ;D

I love Scrappy Doo!  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 9:36 am

Baby, if you've ever wondered,
Wondered whatever became of me,
I'm living on the air in Cincinnati,
Cincinnati, WKRP.

Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati..

The problem with that is that it is in Ohio.  8-P

Could always hang out at Cheers. (I actually been there.)

I could say the Stratford Inn in Newhart but then again, I DO live there!  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Please tell me you hate Ohio more than you hate Cali. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 9:37 am

I love it!!!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 9:37 am

Who wouldn't.

I could so hang out in the Muppet Show theatre. I could sit in the balcony with Waldorf & Statler & heckle everyone.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Shoot... those two taught me everything I know!!!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 9:38 am

;D  Now that you mention it... someone should make an R rated Muppet Movie!  That would be hilarious!!!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:00 am

Also want to go on vacation at Fantasy Island, Love Boat, Son of the Beach, The Diamond Head Gameshow (although one of the prizes was a 52-day cruise to Mexico and Central America (52 days???!!!)

Well 3 of those days you were cruising... the other 49 you're probably held captive by Central American Guerrillas!  ;)

Want to get hospital treatment at St. Elsewhere, E/R and ER (both starring George Clooney), Marcus Welby, M.D., Becker, Doogie Howser, M.D., and take my cat to the vet on Providence.

I agree... I notice you left out House and his team (good plan. I mean he may be the best diagnostician in NJ but he comes close to killing his patients before figuring out what's wrong with them. He does that a lot....then maybe 10-15% of the time he actually does kill them...  I should go back and watch House from the beginning and find out the percentage of his patients that do die.) that would be fun!

I want to stay at the hotel on Hotel, the Nutt House, The Golden Palace, The Monteceto on Las Vegas, move into the Susan B. Anthony residence for women on Bosom Buddies, visit all the homes of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, Angela's house on Falcon Crest.

Oh I would love to hang at the Montecito in Las Vegas! What a great Hotel that was!!!!

I want to work at Warehouse 13, the Blue Moon Detective Agency on Moonlighting, Ten Items or Less, Twins, Frasier's radio station, the Cold Case Philadelphia Cold Case Squad, the office on Herman's Head, the FBI in either Numbers or Without a Trace, I want to be a spy on Get Smart.

I could work with the cops at Cold Case, tho Scottie annoys me a bit.  I think I'd love to work with the guys on Southland... actually I just really want to be partners with Regina King... her character kicks ass!  I would love to work on Third Watch!!!

I want to go to school at the New York School for the Performing Arts on Fame, in Outer Space on Galaxy High, Square Pegs, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Strangers with candy, Head of the Class, City Guys, and any of the incarnations of DeGrassi.

I would get kicked of the School of Performing Arts for having no talent! lol   I could totally go to Degrassi tho!!!  I think I'd want to pull a Snake and be a student with the class from the 80s and be a teacher now... I don't think I'd survive high school as it now...

I want to eat at the restaurants on It's a Living, Alice, the nightclub on Malcom and Eddie, P3 on Charmed, The Peach Pit on Beverly Hills 90210, Central Perk on Friends, the cafe on Life Goes On.

Would you really eat at Mel's??? I always wondered why the regulars came back- no one ever made it sound like the food was edible. Plus he had atrocious food handling habits!   I could eat at the Peach Pit tho and I forgot all about the cafe from Life Goes On... good call!   I always wanted to have some of Ruby's chili from Kellys on General Hospital.  

I could totally hang at Central Perk and P3. I love how much thought you put into this Patty

I want to be neighbors of The Golden Girls, Empty Nest, The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd, Alf, The Charmings, Jennifer Slept Here, Just the Ten of Us, Kate & Allie, Angie, Too Close for Comfort, Northern Exposure,  Dharma & Greg, Eight is enough, The Brady Brides, Half & Half, Mama's Family, Grace Under Fire, Cosby AND The Cosby Show, My name is Earl, Drew Carey Show, Major Dad, Homefront, The Torklesons, and That '70s Show.

Wow!  I could totally hang with Kate & Allie... before Allie married Bob... I hate Bob.... I would've loved to have been around the Designing Women. Especially Jean Smart and Delta Burke were still there.

I want to live in Silver Spoons mansion, Diff'rent Strokes' Mansion, The Addams Family House, and even Good Times apartment because there is always something going on there.

when I was younger I was so jealous of Ricky and the home on Silver Spoons.  That was, and to some extent still is, my dream home... all the toys and crap!!! My god I'd never leave the house!!!

And lastly I want to be in episodes of the Twilight Zone, Stephen Speilberg's Amazing Stories and Star Trek.

Which eps of Twilight Zone would you want to be in?  I'd want to be in a version of "Time Enough To Last" where instead of being surrounded by books I'd be surrounded by TVS and DVDS... with my luck tho instead of breaking glasses I'd be left with static on my TV and only VCRs to play the DVDS on.  :-\\

I could happily live the rest of my life in TV Land.

(No, I don't watch much t.v.  :D ) http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/tv-1.gif

you and me both sister!!!!   that's still one of my favorite smileys!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:01 am

I'd be Kevin Arnold in the Wonder years.

some how I already knew that about you....  ;) 

it's beats being Wayne Arnold tho. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:06 am

Forgot to say I want to be dispatcher for Emergency, work at the California Highway Patrol with Ponch and Jon in CHiPs, also work in the Pie Hole on Pushing Daisies, the souvenier shop in Wonderfalls and be neighbors with Samantha and Darrin Stevens on Bewitched, and Herman and Lily on the Munsters.

ah... the pie hole... man I would love to hang with Emerson, Chuck, Ned and Olive! not to mention the crazy aunts!!! Vivian and Lily!!!

Speaking of Chuck did I mention I want to hang with Chuck and Morgan at the Buy More? and that I want to see a Jeffster concert!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nViWOd87oKY

Oh and I want to commit a crime in LA just so I can be interrogated by The Closer... Brenda Leigh Johnson!

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:07 am

I would like to be Rod Serling in "The Twilight Zone." 

Joe Friday in "Dragnet."

Brian on the "Family Guy."

Columbo on "Columbo."

Maybe I would like to live in "Monty Python's Flying Circus"!

what? no Maxwell Smart in Get Smart?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:08 am

Family Guy, no doubt! I wouldn't want to be Meg though.  ;D

I would want to be whoever stomps stewie's bratty ass!  ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:09 am

I can SOOOO picture that. The funny thing is, when I first moved to Vermont, everyone asked me if I met Larry, Darrel, & Darrel. I said no but I met George Utley. No joke. The first house I lived in when I first moved here had a maintenance guy who reminded me TOTALLY of George. He name was Dan but I always called him George. The thing was, he was from New Hampshire (because at the time, I lived just a hop, skip, & a jump from NH).

Cat

;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:09 am

I'd be Jem.  Of Jem and the Rockers.  Of course.

can I be the Shana to your Jem?  8)

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:11 am

"This post is bad and you should feel bad!"  (I'm not much different from Waldorf or Statler myself...)

If I could choose any sitcom in the universe:  Futurama.  (Bender is my spiritual totem, but I'd even enjoy being Zoidberg.)

But real life's not so bad:  Silver Spoons.  I may not be wealthy, but I do have a small arcade in my living room.

What games?

Will Foo ever escape the middle class?  Will Maxwell eventually hang him with the rope that Foo sold him?  Will Howard ever get laid?  These questions - and many others - will be answered in the next episode of Inthe00s!  (Cue theme music...)

;D  karma!

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:12 am

weirdly, the first thing that came to my mind is that i'd like to have been one of the freaks from "freaks and geeks."

my two latest obsessions, "the office" and "peep show", feature characters none of whose lives i'd wanna touch with a ten-foot pole!  ;D i'd love to throw down a couple pints of lager with mitchell and webb, though. clever, clever fellows, those two.

I'm guessing you'd be one of the freaks right?  ;)  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 10:13 am

And how could I forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eUIK9CihA

I thought so...  8)

Written By: Henk on 10/23/10 at 10:37 am

And I would love to be Garcia's sidekick on Criminal Minds!!!  plus I want to date Morgan...  ;)

Move over already! :D ;D

I agree... I notice you left out House and his team (good plan. I mean he may be the best diagnostician in NJ but he comes close to killing his patients before figuring out what's wrong with them. He does that a lot....then maybe 10-15% of the time he actually does kill them...  I should go back and watch House from the beginning and find out the percentage of his patients that do die.) that would be fun!

I'd love to be House, being all sarcastic and stuff AND getting away with it.

I could work with the cops at Cold Case, tho Scottie annoys me a bit.  I think I'd love to work with the guys on Southland... actually I just really want to be partners with Regina King... her character kicks ass!  I would love to work on Third Watch!!!

Yeah, Scottie is rather annoying.
For some reason though the characters have never really come "alive" for me. :-\\ (Unlike series like The Closer or Criminal Minds). I can't even remember all of their names...

I totally wanted to be Sam's boyfriend on "Who's The Boss".  Although the prospect of having to face Tony and Angela...that might be too much to ask from me. ;D

I'd also love to be one of the Mythbusters, blow things up and stuff. Does that count?

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 11:10 am

Move over already! :D ;D

you can have her... we can double date! it'd be great...  ;D

I'd love to be House, being all sarcastic and stuff AND getting away with it.

man! I wish I had the guts to go all House on people! that would be awesome... and so freeing!!!

Yeah, Scottie is rather annoying.
For some reason though the characters have never really come "alive" for me. :-\\ (Unlike series like The Closer or Criminal Minds). I can't even remember all of their names...

Oh I like the other characters on Cold Case, tho you're right I prefer the Closer and Criminal Minds more,  but I don't really like the writing that much. I think the dialogue is kind of stale - feels like they hired some people who worked on NYPD Blue... everyone says NYPD Blue is a great show but if you listen to their dialogue only- it's not that great... they had a formula on NYPD and they followed it to a tee... and some of those same bad habits are present in Cold CAse....

I totally wanted to be Sam's boyfriend on "Who's The Boss".  Although the prospect of having to face Tony and Angela...that might be too much to ask from me. ;D

would you do me a favor and tell Jonathon that everyone already figured out he's gay... that way- 15 yrs later- when some reporter threatens to "out" him he will have the peace of mind to know we know already and don't really care...

I'd also love to be one of the Mythbusters, blow things up and stuff. Does that count?

totally counts!  O0

Written By: Henk on 10/23/10 at 11:27 am

you can have her... we can double date! it'd be great...  ;D

I never said I wanted to date Penelope/Kirsten. I just wanted to be her sidekick as well.

man! I wish I had the guts to go all House on people! that would be awesome... and so freeing!!!

Problem is, you'd probably get fired over it.

Oh I like the other characters on Cold Case, tho you're right I prefer the Closer and Criminal Minds more,  but I don't really like the writing that much. I think the dialogue is kind of stale - feels like they hired some people who worked on NYPD Blue... everyone says NYPD Blue is a great show but if you listen to their dialogue only- it's not that great... they had a formula on NYPD and they followed it to a tee... and some of those same bad habits are present in Cold CAse....

You could be on to something there. I never really paid much attention to the dialogues.
Mind you - I wouldn't mind dating Lily Rush. ;)

would you do me a favor and tell Jonathon that everyone already figured out he's gay... that way- 15 yrs later- when some reporter threatens to "out" him he will have the peace of mind to know we know already and don't really care...

Consider it done.

totally counts!   O0

Yay!! Now where did I put the C-4? :D (Never mind the myth!)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/23/10 at 12:06 pm

I wouldn't want to live with the Brady Bunch because I would have to go to the bathroom sometime and they didn't have a toilet.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 12:26 pm

I never said I wanted to date Penelope/Kirsten. I just wanted to be her sidekick as well.

well then... no I won't move over... can have my seat once I get Derek Morgan in my grasp!!!  :P

While you could date Penelope if you were so inclined... you'd never get a date with Kristen...  let's just say I'm more her type than you are  ;)

Problem is, you'd probably get fired over it.

Soooo true!!! ;D  damnit!  >:(

You could be on to something there. I never really paid much attention to the dialogues.
Mind you - I wouldn't mind dating Lily Rush. ;)

you can have her...

Consider it done.

thank you!

Yay!! Now where did I put the C-4? :D (Never mind the myth!)

;D

and

BOOM!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 12:27 pm

I wouldn't want to live with the Brady Bunch because I would have to go to the bathroom sometime and they didn't have a toilet.

Cat

that too!... 6 kids one bathroom no toilet... I guess some use the tub and others used the sink.... bet they took dumps outside and blamed them on Tiger.  no wonder he disappeared.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/23/10 at 12:36 pm

Please tell me you hate Ohio more than you hate Cali. 

Actually, I do hate Ohio more than I hate Cali-because of PERSONAL reasons. I never had a personal reason for hating Cali-only the earthquakes, smog, traffic, etc. etc.

well then... no I won't move over... can have my seat once I get Derek Morgan in my grasp!!!  :P

While you could date Penelope if you were so inclined... you'd never get a date with Kristen...  let's just say I'm more her type than you are  ;)

Soooo true!!! ;D  damnit!  >:(

you can have her...

thank you!

;D

and

BOOM!!!

Should I report you?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 12:38 pm

Actually, I do hate Ohio more than I hate Cali-because of PERSONAL reasons. I never had a personal reason for hating Cali-only the earthquakes, smog, traffic, etc. etc.

Should I report you?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

we don't have earthquakes 24/7.  There's smog and traffic in LA but not in Santa Barbara.. ..well there's some traffic but no smog. 

and yes... report me! I dare ya!  :P

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/23/10 at 12:41 pm

Cat

Seems like the only place to relieve yourself in TV Universe back in the 70s was at Archie Bunker's house.

Then again, you could always hold it until a commercial break and drown the Ti-D-Bowl Man.  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/10 at 6:08 pm

1)  I would have love to live on Sesame Street.

2)  Be a host on The Muppet Show.

3)  Help Dale Cooper solve Laura Palmer's murder, on Twin Peaks.

4)  Be a customer at The Pie Hole, on the show, Pushing Daises.

5)  Help Buffy and her friends, take out vampires.

6)  Solve mysteries, with Scooby Doo.

7)  Been a cast member of Saturday Night Live, You Can't Do That On Television, or Monty Python.

8)  Insulted by George Jefferson, because he's great at it!  ;D

9)  The sarcastic Canadian judge, on American Idol.

10)  A character on The Simpsons.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/23/10 at 9:31 pm

What games?

Asteroids, Defender, Tempest, Centipede, and a generic upright JAMMA machine that'll plug into original motherboards, and which also cooperates nicely with a spare PC running MAME, which covers just about everything else.  Pain to have to rotate the monitor 90 degrees when I want to switch from Smash TV to fiddling with a Pac-Man board, so I usually just leave the monitor horizontally and let MAME do the work.

Of course, games that once cost $3000 (in 1980 dollars) can now be had for around $300 (in 2010 dollars), so it's a pretty affordable hobby. I just wish I had more space for more cabinets...

Real estate ain't gotten cheaper, so you've still gotta have a Silver Spoons budget if you want to buy a house big enough to hold everything!

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/10 at 9:43 pm

Asteroids, Defender, Tempest, Centipede, and a generic upright JAMMA machine that'll plug into original motherboards, and which also cooperates nicely with a spare PC running MAME, which covers just about everything else.  Pain to have to rotate the monitor 90 degrees when I want to switch from Smash TV to fiddling with a Pac-Man board, so I usually just leave the monitor horizontally and let MAME do the work.

Of course, games that once cost $3000 (in 1980 dollars) can now be had for around $300 (in 2010 dollars), so it's a pretty affordable hobby. I just wish I had more space for more cabinets...

Real estate ain't gotten cheaper, so you've still gotta have a Silver Spoons budget if you want to buy a house big enough to hold everything!

Tempest is one of my top 10 all time favorite arcade games...  top four classic arcade games...

Subject: Re: If you could exist in TV Universe...which shows would you want to be a part

Written By: whistledog on 10/24/10 at 7:26 pm

;D  Now that you mention it... someone should make an R rated Muppet Movie!  That would be hilarious!!!  ;D

We don't need to see Bunson's Beeker unless we are referring to his little friend.  Uh .. wait ... I meant ... um never mind

What's green and smells like pork?
Kermit the Frog's penis

Subject: Re: If you could exist in TV Universe...which shows would you want to be a part

Written By: snozberries on 10/24/10 at 7:39 pm

We don't need to see Bunson's Beeker unless we are referring to his little friend.  Uh .. wait ... I meant ... um never mind

Kermit the Frog's penis

what are you? 12?  ;D 

karma for the laugh!

Written By: Davester on 10/24/10 at 9:01 pm

Tempest is one of my top 10 all time favorite arcade games...  top four classic arcade games...

Used to be my fave, too.  Loved playing Tempest, but damned if I was any good at it...

To the topic - a resident of Cicely, Alaska, mode debinitely..!

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/24/10 at 10:56 pm

Used to be my fave, too.  Loved playing Tempest, but damned if I was any good at it...

That's why you need to own one yourself!  Put in a few bucks' worth of quarters every day, and by the end of the year, you've gotten pretty good at it, and you can open up the world's heaviest piggy bank and feel like it's paid for itself!

As for the Muppets, do not do an image search on GOogle for the name of thAT webSitE and the word "Kermit", unless you want a safe-for-work - but entirely inappropriate - laugh.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/25/10 at 11:56 am

Kermit the Frog's penis

I thought the answer was Kermit's finger.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/10 at 12:03 pm

I thought the answer was Kermit's finger.

Cat

Yer a derrty, deerty girl  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/25/10 at 12:04 pm

Yer a derrty, deerty girl  ;D

Moi?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/10 at 12:06 pm

Moi?

Cat

Ouis. Vous.

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/10 at 12:07 pm

Oh yeah. I wanna go to nationals with the kids from Glee.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/25/10 at 1:38 pm

Kermit the Frog's penis

I have a good comeback about Miss Piggy, but...

Dites-le ici? Non Non Non!!!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/kermit.gif

Written By: Quadratic on 10/25/10 at 9:38 pm

I love this question. I don't know if this would include game shows too, because if so then I'd say Who Wants to be A Millionaire for the obvious reasons. That or Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Hmmm. For family, I would say The Cosby Show or Growing Pains. For adventure, I'd say Star Trek: The Next Generation (the Enterprise's uniform colors might get a little drab for my taste though). For creative activity and stimulation, then maybe Project Runway or Art 21.

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/10 at 4:08 am

I love this question. I don't know if this would include game shows too, because if so then I'd say Who Wants to be A Millionaire for the obvious reasons. That or Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Hmmm. For family, I would say The Cosby Show or Growing Pains. For adventure, I'd say Star Trek: The Next Generation (the Enterprise's uniform colors might get a little drab for my taste though). For creative activity and stimulation, then maybe Project Runway or Art 21.

thanks!  good answers!  and a welcome karma to get you started!!!

Written By: Frank on 10/26/10 at 10:46 am

I'd like to host the Acedemy awards.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/10 at 1:24 pm

I want to be a relative of Samantha Stevens. I wouldn't want to be Samantha herself because she lets her husband dictate that she can't use witchcraft was witchcraft is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! And besides, witches in Bewitched are immortal.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/10 at 2:43 pm

I'd like to host the Acedemy awards.

Id like to be backstage there and the emmys!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/10 at 2:48 pm

I want to be a relative of Samantha Stevens. I wouldn't want to be Samantha herself because she lets her husband dictate that she can't use witchcraft was witchcraft is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! And besides, witches in Bewitched are immortal.

Cat

I always hated the way he controlled her... I think Darrin two was worse than the first one. It was so chauvenistic... way worse than the way Ricky treated Lucy. and the shows were what? nearly 15 years apart?

Written By: Frank on 10/26/10 at 3:33 pm

Id like to be backstage there and the emmys!!!!

And I would let you, as host.  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/10 at 3:41 pm

I always hated the way he controlled her... I think Darrin two was worse than the first one. It was so chauvenistic... way worse than the way Ricky treated Lucy. and the shows were what? nearly 15 years apart?

Yup. I saw something about it several years back saying how Andora HAD it right. I remember as kid not liking Andora but now, I LOVE her. A woman who stands up for women's rights-whether she be moral or immoral, witch or no witch. And Sam was just so WRONG for allowing Darrin to control her like that. She was so much more powerful than he was and that scared the bejesus out of him so he HAD to control her. If she had the guts, she could have told him to accept her witchcraft or she will turn him into a toad.

Cat

Written By: Frank on 10/26/10 at 3:51 pm

Yup. I saw something about it several years back saying how Andora HAD it right. I remember as kid not liking Andora but now, I LOVE her. A woman who stands up for women's rights-whether she be moral or immoral, witch or no witch. And Sam was just so WRONG for allowing Darrin to control her like that. She was so much more powerful than he was and that scared the bejesus out of him so he HAD to control her. If she had the guts, she could have told him to accept her witchcraft or she will turn him into a toad.

Cat

Seems like all women wished they had this power  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/10 at 4:01 pm

Seems like all women wished they had this power  ;)

Only during certain times of the month.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Frank on 10/26/10 at 4:06 pm

Only during certain times of the month.  ;)

Cat

And the other days they wish they had even more power.

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/10 at 4:13 pm

And I would let you, as host.  :P

And I would give you karma right now...... .if I could.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/10 at 4:22 pm

Cat

Exactly...  the one thing that was ingenious about shows like the Bewitched, The munsters and the Aaddams is that they were basically shows about interracial marriage and desegregation...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/10 at 4:39 pm

Exactly...  the one thing that was ingenious about shows like the Bewitched, The munsters and the Aaddams is that they were basically shows about interracial marriage and desegregation...

Definitely Bewitched but I don't think so much the Munsters and especially the Addams Family were. Yeah, I know the Munsters had Marlyn but they never said who's side of the family she is from.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/10 at 8:37 pm

Definitely Bewitched but I don't think so much the Munsters and especially the Addams Family were. Yeah, I know the Munsters had Marlyn but they never said who's side of the family she is from.

Cat

well the munsters and addams fam were more about desegregation ie instead of people of color moving into the neighborhoods you had monsters it's that whole representation thing..... ya know... oooooh someone different has moved into our neighborhood we should fear them... 

plus look at Lily and Herman... total mixed marriage there....  ;)  :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/26/10 at 8:52 pm

I would like to be on any number of the 70s varities shows that were popular back then:

Sonny and Cher
Flip Wilson
Donny and Marie
Tony Orlando and Dawn
Carol Burnett
Wayland Flowers & Madam
Rich Little
Barbara Mandrell Sjow (might have been early 80s)

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/10 at 9:09 pm

carol burnett would be a great one to be on... I just loved it when they cracked up.... ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/26/10 at 9:31 pm

can I be the Shana to your Jem?  8)

Yes, except I just fired myself as Jem because I didn't even know my band was named the gd Holograms and not the Rockers.  It was Barbie and the Rockers.  Which, lets face it, was lame even when I was 8.  And I STILL got them confused.  So I have no right to be Jem.  I'll have to be Rainbow Brite instead. 

I'll never be She-ra at this rate.    >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/26/10 at 10:25 pm

Cat

I'd fit in well in the Addams Family!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vampy.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/10 at 12:11 pm

well the munsters and addams fam were more about desegregation ie instead of people of color moving into the neighborhoods you had monsters it's that whole representation thing..... ya know... oooooh someone different has moved into our neighborhood we should fear them... 

plus look at Lily and Herman... total mixed marriage there....  ;)  :D

Ok, I got ya, now. I misunderstood the desegregation of the neighborhood issue. Lily & Herman mixed marriage? Hmmm, I need to think about that one.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/10 at 9:00 pm

Yes, except I just fired myself as Jem because I didn't even know my band was named the gd Holograms and not the Rockers.  It was Barbie and the Rockers.  Which, lets face it, was lame even when I was 8.  And I STILL got them confused.  So I have no right to be Jem.  I'll have to be Rainbow Brite instead. 

I'll never be She-ra at this rate.    >:(

HA HA!!! I think you'd make a great Kimber... but you'd have to dye your hair red...  ;)

don't be rainbow brite... I hate rainbow brite...  :P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/28/10 at 2:35 am

For some weird reason, I want to be one of the people in this infomercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpKjgwi4Sc

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/10 at 2:38 am

For some weird reason, I want to be one of the people in this infomercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpKjgwi4Sc

I love that infomercial...that older chick with the cigarette cracks me up!  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/28/10 at 2:51 am

Also want to be part of any number of the Rankin/Bass animated shows from the 70s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPrbccEdI5o&p=02C0B600F64B270C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUgMaL89Lqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGp2UgjsVSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAMamaibEM

and NOT a Rankin/Bass production (but just as good IMO)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrB9I3DM80

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/10 at 12:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAMamaibEM

I remember that but actually I have NEVER seen it. I remember when it came out and watching the commercials for it and to me it looked SOOOOO SCARY that I didn't WANT to see it.  :D ;D ;D ;D  Ok, so that was a few decades ago. I should probably watch it NOW.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/28/10 at 6:48 pm

I remember that but actually I have NEVER seen it. I remember when it came out and watching the commercials for it and to me it looked SOOOOO SCARY that I didn't WANT to see it.  :D ;D ;D ;D  Ok, so that was a few decades ago. I should probably watch it NOW.

Cat

Perfect time of year to watch it.  I think you'll be ok now with it.  lol  Have Carlos hold your hand while watching it.  lol
I saw it a couple years ago, it was hokey but I like hokey and I love all the Bass/Rankin animation.  It's not quite as good as their Christmas stuff though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/10 at 11:54 am

Perfect time of year to watch it.  I think you'll be ok now with it.  lol  Have Carlos hold your hand while watching it.  lol
I saw it a couple years ago, it was hokey but I like hokey and I love all the Bass/Rankin animation.  It's not quite as good as their Christmas stuff though.

Yeah, I think I would be ok watching it now. And it is a good excuse to have Carlos hold my hand-not saying that I need ANY excuse.  ;)

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/29/10 at 11:51 pm

Inthe00s Gilligan's Island:

Skipper: Lyricboy
Gilligan: Howard
Professor: Foo Bar

I haven't decided on the rest...

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/walk.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/30/10 at 12:53 pm

Inthe00s Gilligan's Island:

Skipper: Lyricboy
Gilligan: Howard
Professor: Foo Bar

I haven't decided on the rest...

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/walk.gif

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=30157.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25525.0;attach=20195;image

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...