inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Members' icons, interests

Written By: KKay on 12/01/10 at 10:01 pm

I was reading the boards and realized how much of pop culture is represented here, just in the icons and pictures.  I saw Snoopy, famous artists, musicians, band names, and liked that we have a diverse little community that enjoys everyone else for what they are and what they like.

I thought of Stepchan's cat girls, and Davey's metal, Tia's ..well, Tia. 

What are memorable icons or pop culture interests you remember from the decades and from the boards?

Subject: Re: Members' icons, interests

Written By: snozberries on 12/01/10 at 10:11 pm

In Case you couldn't tell... I'm a huge Joss Whedon Fan.  My Sig Line is a tribute to his greatest creations and contributions to pop culture. 

Mutant Enemy Productions Zombie Grrr Arrgh!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog... and then, of course....the mutant enemy production card.

For awhile I was using female characters who inspire me as my av.... I had lynda carter's wonder woman,  the bionic woman, and, after her death, Farrah on a skateboard. 

I have seen a ressurection of cartoon characters I haven't thought of in years and that always makes me happy. 

Written By: KKay on 12/02/10 at 7:35 am

You are one of the reasons I started the thread.  I love that people are letting their colors fly.

I have never been into the stuff you like, but I'm thinking of checking it out. 

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/10 at 10:58 pm

You are one of the reasons I started the thread.  I love that people are letting their colors fly.

I have never been into the stuff you like, but I'm thinking of checking it out.  

That's awesome. I have to tell the beauty of Buffy (which by far is my favorite) is the whole thing is a metaphor for life. High school is hell. People are evil. And we all have our demons and battles to fight.
8)  although Gilmore girls may be more down your alley.

GG is not Joss Whedon but it's another one of my favorite writers Amy Sherman Palladino.  Both whedon and Sherman wrote for Roseanne... The good years of Roseanne.
;)

Written By: KKay on 12/03/10 at 6:58 am

That's awesome. I have to tell the beauty of Buffy (which by far is my favorite) is the whole thing is a metaphor for life. High school is hell. People are evil. And we all have our demons and battles to fight.
8)  although Gilmore girls may be more down your alley.

GG is not Joss Whedon but it's another one of my favorite writers Amy Sherman Palladino.  Both whedon and Sherman wrote for Roseanne... The good years of Roseanne.
;)

I have seen it and enjoyed it, but I never have time in my life to follow serial stories.  BUT holidays are a great time for season-watching.

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/10 at 8:14 am

I have seen it and enjoyed it, but I never have time in my life to follow serial stories.  BUT holidays are a great time for season-watching.

That's what I love about the holidays. There's rarely anything else (for me) to do. With all the reruns I have time to discover something new.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/05/10 at 6:33 pm

I usually have Julie Newmar as Catwoman for my avatar-not so much because I'm a Batman fan or anything-but because of my user name. I got my user name LONG before there was even a thing called the Internet. It was back in 1983 (?) or so when I was dubbed with the name Catwoman. I use Julie's pic to honor the original Catwoman.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 12/06/10 at 12:25 pm

I usually have Julie Newmar as Catwoman for my avatar-not so much because I'm a Batman fan or anything-but because of my user name. I got my user name LONG before there was even a thing called the Internet. It was back in 1983 (?) or so when I was dubbed with the name Catwoman. I use Julie's pic to honor the original Catwoman.

Cat

and it was an awesome picture...I saw lots of swanky chicks showed up in avatars after seeing yours.  I think you inspired my 6-month Elizibeth Montgomery phase.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/26/10 at 9:18 pm

My avatar is Vocaloid singer Hatsune Miku. (Vocaloid is a singing computer program you can configure to sing any song you have a MIDI file for.)

My previous avatars have mainly been power metal singers, Pokemon, and anime characters. Bout time to change my avatar since Christmas is over.

Written By: snozberries on 12/26/10 at 11:18 pm

I was looking for a yoda image because someone said something that reminded me of yoda... I found this yoda listening to an iPod shuffle...

http://www.qdnow.com/yoda.jpg

Like it instantly I did!  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/28/10 at 9:38 pm

My avatar is the Sharktopus.  It recently came up in a thread and I remembered how much I loved it and want it for a pet. :D

Written By: KKay on 12/29/10 at 11:20 am

My avatar is the Sharktopus.  It recently came up in a thread and I remembered how much I loved it and want it for a pet. :D

that's awesome...I am going to try and find a bigger image so I can see it better. 

yes, you can keep him!  he's sooo cool!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/29/10 at 6:25 pm

that's awesome...I am going to try and find a bigger image so I can see it better. 

yes, you can keep him!  he's sooo cool!

Stole the link from the CGI thread so you can see him in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2bBfuepKk

Yay!  So happy I get to keep him.  Bet no one bothers me with him in my backyard. ;D

Written By: KKay on 12/30/10 at 1:21 pm

Yay!  So happy I get to keep him.  Bet no one bothers me with him in my backyard. ;D

But he takes food right off the grill.  Hope you have a big pool.

Check for new replies or respond here...