inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Family Guy: Is Quagmire's hate for Brian justified?

Written By: joeman on 12/22/10 at 6:21 pm

Is Quagmire right to despise Brian? He pretty much listed all of his faults on one hand, saying he's a terrible father, he hits on his best friend's wife, a hypocrite when it comes to doing drugs, he dates brainless bimbos who don't have the mind capacity to solve a maze on the back of a cereal box, and not to mention a burned out alcoholic.  Later episodes, Quagmire calls Brian a hack and that no one cares about his opinions.

Subject: Re: Family Guy: Is Quagmire's hate for Brian justified?

Written By: 80sfan on 12/22/10 at 7:40 pm

Is Quagmire right to despise Brian? He pretty much listed all of his faults on one hand, saying he's a terrible father, he hits on his best friend's wife, a hypocrite when it comes to doing drugs, he dates brainless bimbos who don't have the mind capacity to solve a maze on the back of a cereal box, and not to mention a burned out alcoholic.  Later episodes, Quagmire calls Brian a hack and that no one cares about his opinions.

I like Brian. I don't really care about all his shortcomings or faults. I just like the guy!

I'm quite neutral towards Quagmire though. I don't really like him nor do I dislike him. But the guy is hilarious!!

To answer your question; is Quagmire justified? I actually think he is justified even if I do like Brian I don't think he's the best role model or most pristine person to follow as an example.

Written By: whistledog on 12/22/10 at 9:48 pm

It's a cartoon.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/22/10 at 11:04 pm

It's a cartoon.

Are you trying to tell me my favorite intellectual alcoholic dog is not even real?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: joeman on 12/22/10 at 11:27 pm

Are you trying to tell me my favorite intellectual alcoholic dog is not even real?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

My sentiments exactly  ;)

Written By: Mat1991 on 12/23/10 at 1:57 am

I would not consider screwing anything in a skirt along with having every STD known to man to be an admirable trait, either.  8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/24/10 at 8:02 pm

Is Quagmire right to despise Brian? He pretty much listed all of his faults on one hand, saying he's a terrible father, he hits on his best friend's wife, a hypocrite when it comes to doing drugs, he dates brainless bimbos who don't have the mind capacity to solve a maze on the back of a cereal box, and not to mention a burned out alcoholic.  Later episodes, Quagmire calls Brian a hack and that no one cares about his opinions.

The feud's gone on for a while, but if you want to truly see how it all played out, and why it's never going to end - and I'm talking a "Brian and the Chicken" levels of fighting - you need only see Season 8, Episode 18: "Quagmire's Dad".  (aka Family Guy episode 8x18)

Not gonna link to no spoilers.

Even though it was the best episode-ending one-liner evar.

Check for new replies or respond here...