inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV Shows within the "Law and Order Universe"

Written By: whistledog on 07/04/11 at 10:42 pm

For those of you who watch Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, you know that the Actor/Comedian Richard Belzer plays Detective John Munch.  Belzer first played this role on the 90s TV series Homicide: Life on the Street, and has also done cross-overs with Law and Order and Law and Order: Trial By Jury

As well, Belzer has done guest spots on several other TV shows as John Munch:
♦ The X-Files
♦ Arrested Development
♦ Jimmy Kimmel Live!
♦ The Wire
♦ The Beat
♦ 30 Rock

He also appears in the 1995 movie 'A Very Brady Sequel' as an unnamed detective who acts similar to Munch, though it's never been officially confirmed if it is Munch.  

Me and my buddy at work have been trying to figure out other TV shows within the "Law and Order Universe" that you can connect to through actors from other shows who have done guest spots, and through that, other connecting shows.  We've come a long way on this, but there may be more.  Is there any that we have missed?  LOL

NOTE:  You can also link several shows via 'The Simpsons', but animated shows have been ruled out because the characters appear as voice only.  And you can link several shows through 'The Price is Right', but that show consists of the actors and models playing themselves

♦ Law and Order: Criminal Intent:  A spin-off from Law and Order: SVU
♦ St. Elsewhere:  In 2 episodes of 'Homicide: Life on the Street', both Alfre Woodward and Ed Begley Jr. reprised their roles
♦ The White Shadow:  Warren Coolidge, one of the players on the Basketball team now works as an orderly at St. Eligius on 'St. Elsewhere'
♦ The Bob Newhart Show:  On an episode of 'St. Elsewhere', Jack Riley reprises his role as Eliot Carlin, and makes  reference to how his life was ruined by a quack psychiatrist (Bob Hartley)
♦ Newhart:  In the series finale, Dick is hit in the head with a golf ball, and wakes up as Bob Hartley, realizing his Vermont life was all just a dream
♦ Cheers:  On an episode of 'St. Elsewhere', three of the doctors stop in for a beer
♦ The Tortelli's:  A Spin-off from 'Cheers'
♦ Frasier:  A Spin-off from 'Cheers'
♦ Wings:  Kelsey Grammer (as Frasier), George Wendt (as Norm) and John Ratzengerger (as Cliff) all made guest appearances
♦ The John Laroquette Show:  Kelsey Grammer appears in an episode as Frasier Crane
♦ In Plain Sight:  Mary McCormack appears as Mary Shannon on an episode of 'Law and Order: Criminal Intent'
♦ New York Undercover:  The 'Law and Order' characters Elizabeth Olviet and Emil Skoda appear in an episode
♦ Conviction:  The 'Law and Order: SVU' character Alexandra Cabot appears
♦ Coach:  In one episode, Hayden and Christine return to the cabin to find three squatters:  Larry, Daryl and Daryl from 'Newhart'.  Also, Mimi (The Drew Carey Show) and Paige and Spence (Ellen) appear in a Las Vegas episode
♦ Ellen:  Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show) and Grace Kelly (Grace Under Fire) appear in a Las Vegas episode
♦ Grace Under Fire: Luther from Coach and Drew Carey both appear in a Las Vegas episode
♦ The Drew Carey Show:  Grace Kelly (Grace Under Fire), Luther (Coach) and Paige and Spence (Ellen) all appear in a Las Vegas episode
♦ American Gladiators:  In an 'Ellen' crossover, Ellen competes on 'American Gladiators'
♦ Family Matters:  Steve Urkel and Carl Winslow settle their differences on 'American Gladiators'
♦ Full House:  Steve Urkel appears in one episode
♦ Step By Step:  Steve Urkel appears in one episode
♦ Meego:  Steve Urkel appears in one episode
♦ Perfect Strangers:  'Family Matters' was a spin-off
♦ Hangin' With Mr. Cooper:  Michelle Tanner (Full House) appears in one episode
♦ Boy Meets World:  Staci Keenan reprises her role as Dana from 'Step By Step' in one episode
♦ Sabrina The Teenage Witch:  In a TGIF cross-over, Sabrina appears on an episode of 'Boy Meets World'
♦ You Wish:  TGIF cross-over episode featuring Sabrina
♦ Teen Angel:  TGIF cross-over episode featuring Sabrina
♦ Home Improvement:  Tim Taylor appears on an episode of 'The Drew Carey Show'
♦ Soul Man:  Dan Aykroyd as Rev. Mike Webber appears on 'Tool Time' on 'Home Improvement'
♦ Thunder Alley:  Zach Ty Bryan as Brad Taylor (Home Improvement) appears in one episode
♦ Buddies:  A short-lived spin-off from 'Home Improvement'
♦ NYPD Blue:  Nick Turtorro appears as Det. James Martinez on an episode of 'The Drew Carey Show'
♦ Hill Street Blues:  A character named 'Buck Naked' was a refurring flasher, played by actor Lee Weaver, was also seen in an episode of 'NYPD Blue'
♦ Beverly Hills Buntz:  A spin-off from 'Hill Street Blues'
♦ Cop Rock:  James B. Sikking reprises his Hill Street Blues character Lt. Howard Hunter in one episode
♦ LA Law:  Jimmy Smits and Michele Greene appear as their LA Law characers on an episode of 'Cop Rock'
♦ Civil Wars:  The characters Eli Levinson and his secretary Denise were brought over to 'LA Law' for it's final season
♦ Murphy Brown:  Bob Newhart and Marcia Wallaced reprise their roles from 'The Bob Newhart Show' in one episode
♦ Seinfeld:  Kramer is seen playing Murphy Brown's secretary in one episode
♦ Mad About You:  In one Seinfeld episode, it was revealed that Paul Buchman is was subletting his apartment to Kramer
♦ Friends:  Ursula, the ditzy waitress on 'Mad About You' is Phoebe's twin sister
♦ Joey:  Spin-off from Friends
♦ The Single Guy:  David Schwimmer appears as Ross in one episode
♦ Caroline in the City:  Lea Thompson as Caroline appears in an episode of both 'Friends' and 'The Single Guy'
♦ The Nanny:  In the episode where Fran and Mr. Sheffield almost died in a plane crash, the news report of it was covered by Jim Dial, FYI news reporter (Murphy Brown)
♦ Everybody Loves Raymond:  It was revealed in an episode of 'The Nanny' that Ray Barone and Fran went to the same school and were together at their class reunion.  Ray Romano appears
♦ The King of Queens:  Doug, Carrie, Arthur and Robert all appeared in a few episodes of 'Everybody Loves Raymond'.  Ray and Debra appeared in an episode of 'The King of Queens'
♦ Ink:  Candice Bergen appears as Murphy Brown in one episode
♦ Love and War:  Jay Thomas appears as his character Jack Stein as a recurring character on 'Ink'
♦ Cosby:  Doug Heffernan (The King of Queens) appears to deliver Hilton a package
♦ The Late Show with David Letterman:  Hilton, while in jail, appears as a guest on Dave's show
♦ Becker:  Doug (The King of Queens) gets hit in the head and goes to see Dr. Becker
♦ Cosby:  In a dream sequence that Hilton has, Robert Culp reprises his role as Kelly Robinson from 'I Spy'
♦ The Dick Van Dyke Show:  Carl Reiner appears on a 'Mad About You' episode as Alan Brady
♦ The Danny Thomas Show/Make Room For Daddy:  The character Buddy Sorrell from the Dick Van Dyke Show appears in an episode
♦ I Love Lucy:  Danny Williams (played by Danny Thomas from Make Room For Daddy) appears in one episode
♦ Bob:  Peter Bonerz reprises his role as Jerry the Dentist from 'The Bob Newhart Show'
♦ The Andy Griffith Show:  A Spin-off from 'Make Room For Daddy'.  The episode involves Danny winding up in the Mayberry Jail run by Andy Taylor
♦ Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C:  A spin-off from 'The Andy Griffith Show'
♦ Mayberry R.F.D.:  A Spin-off from 'The Andy Griffith Show'
♦ It's Garry Shandling's Show:  Jack Dodson reprises his role as Howard from 'The Andy Griffith Show' in one episode
♦ Millenium:  Chracters from The X-Files appear in episodes
♦ The Geena Davis Show:  Drew Carey appears as his chracter of Drew from 'The Drew Carey Show'

Theoretically, you could rule out many of these as 'American Gladiators' was a game show, but the Gladiators on that show were actors playing characters, even though "Nitro" and "Ice" also play their real life selves as well

Subject: Re: TV Shows within the "Law and Order Universe"

Written By: danootaandme on 07/05/11 at 4:33 am

Man oh Man!  Ever consider you may have too much time on your hands  ;D

Written By: Henk on 07/05/11 at 5:29 am

Not exactly the same, but still...

In the Perry Mason episode "The Case of the Notorious Nun", actor Tom Bosley can be seen as Father Chris DeLeon - clearly based on his character Father Blane Dowling in the Father Dowling Mysteries.
The main character in said episode is Sister Margaret (portrayed by Michele Greene). Sister Margaret is obviously based on Sister Stephanie 'Steve' Oskowski of the Father Dowling Mysteries, although that character was portrayed by Tracy Nelson.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/05/11 at 10:29 am

I think I understand...

Characters from "The Beverly Hillbillies" visited "Petticoat Junction" and the "Petticoat Junction" folks popped up on "Green Acres."

Also, I know several Disney shows had cross-overs...

"Wizards On Deck with Hannah Montana"-Cast from Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana took a cruise on the ship from The Suite Life on Deck.

Written By: karen on 07/05/11 at 10:39 am

There's been two or three episodes of CSI where the New York guys go to Miami or they all go to Vegas or whatever

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/11 at 12:27 pm

Boston Public (FOX) and the Practice (ABC) both David E. Kelley shows. The Practice's camryn Manheim as Elenor Frutt and Michael Badalucco as Jimmy betuli made appearance on Boston Public and I wanna say that chi mcbride appeared on the practice

Cross over Buffy/Angel eps.  Too many cross over appearances to mention. Well not really (just easier to do at the computer) but aside from the obvious main character cross overs there was Julia Lee  she played "Chantrelle" in season one's Lie to Me ep. She returned in Season three's premeire ep Anne as Lily. She was the same character just a runaway who adopted different names as her needs changed. In that ep Buffy had been kicked out of the house by mom, she'd just killed angel and didn't want to be Buffy anymore so she worked as a waitress and went by the name Anne.  She saved Lily from hell and returned home. Lilly decided it was time for a new chapter in her life. Julia lee later showed up I. LA on Angel as "Anne" (same character using buffy's name because it resonated strength to her)

There was a two part cross-over between CSI and Without a Trace.

On ER Susan had to go to New York and find her sister and Susie she enlisted the help of Third Watch's  & Bosco (scenes played out over third watch and ER so it was another cross-over ep.

Third watch also crossed over with Medical Investigation (I think that was the shows title with Kelly Williams) anyway there was an anthrax scare in NYC and the CDC like medical investigative team came out to investigate. That also played out over a two ep story arc on both shows

Probably doesn't count but it's funny.  There was a car commercial for he Carrera and the tag was Lease a Carrera followed by someone asking who's Lisa Carrera?  Chicago Hope then created a character named Lisa Carrera  ;D

Did you mention the Criminal Minds Spin-off ep for Suspect Behavior? Also kristen vangeness plays Penelope Garcia on both shows.  Well played since CM: SB got canceled after one season.

Um there's an ep of friends where docs from ER play docs.  Don't think they had names it was George clooney and I wanna say noah Wylie but that's the one p I haven't seen in about 7 yes so I could be wrong.

George reeves plays himself playing superman in an ep of I love lucy

What about star trek next gen where they enter the original star trek universe in the trouble with trebles ep?

I know there's more I'll be back

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/11 at 12:37 pm

Different World (spin off from the Cosby Show)

Denise calls cliff for money
Rudy comes for a sleepover
Vanessa and her crazy fast taking friend kyra(?) come for a visit
Claire comes for a job orientation/recruitment ep
Claire returns at the end of the season to further Lisa bonets exit from the series
Dwayne and Whitley visit NYC and stop at the Huxtables
on the Cosby show cousin Pam, Charmaine, & lance visit hillman while looking at colleges
Charmaine applies to and gets accepted into hillman and becomes a regular on a different world

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/11 at 12:49 pm

GH's LUKE & LAURA appeared on Roseanne as L&L but that was just in a tag and it was to promote their return to Gh but it was awesome.

The conners rode cross country in a Winnebago and wound up in the audience at the pilot taping for a tv show that followed Roseanne (and starred Tom Arnold)

On the Nanny the nanny somehow ended up on The Rosie O'Donnell show
The Banks & Will Smith ended up on Oprah

The angels were working a case in Vegas and Charlie wanted them to work with a local detective but they were too busy to meet him. They were bummed when they met him in the end and found out he was hot  ;D  he was also Dan Tanna of Vega$

How about Golden Girls & Empty Nest?

Oh yeah and Who's the Boss with the spin off of that models show with Leah Remini and Halle Berry?

Facts of Life was spun off from Different Strokes and Gary Coleman made a few appearances the first season (not to mention the whole DS cast helping Mrs G move in in the pilot ep)

Back to charlie's angels- they had a case aboard a cruise ship (two actually) but the second time the ship was the Pacific Princess and the Capt was named Stubbing, the cruise director was Julie, the yeoman purser was Gopher, doc and issac were there too

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/11 at 3:14 pm

All good ones, but the idea is to come how link them to a show that can be traced back to either Homicide: Life on the Street or Law and Order.

Other than the fact that practically every actor,ever, has appeared on law & order how did you link that long list of yours back to law and order?

Oh I see what you did now.  Yeah danoota's right. You have way too much time on your hands  ;D

Remind me next year at paleyfest when I'm spending hours with 20+ of the biggest tv fans I know and then I'll have time to do this. Lol

Written By: Henk on 07/05/11 at 3:25 pm

All good ones, but the idea is to come how link them to a show that can be traced back to either Homicide: Life on the Street or Law and Order.

Oh. Right.

Well, good luck then.

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/11 at 4:30 pm

ummm....

Julia roberts guest starred on an ep of law and order
she also guest starred on an ep of friends
Jennifer aniston was in that scene of friends with George clooney
who was on facts of life which was spun off from different strokes  (that covers that post)

also....

george clooney was on ER, on which Erica Gimpel appeared as a social worker
she guest starred on an ep of Cosby show which spun off A Differnt World (guess that keeps my cosby show post intact as well)

and.....

george Clooney was on show called e/r  
another actor on that show was Conchata Ferrell she played a nurse
Conchata Ferrell also played a nurse in the "Go Fish" ep of Buffy the Vampire slayer which now makes my Buffy references relevant as well

I can also say that Charisma Carpenter, who played Cordelia Chase on Buffy was on Veronica Mars with Kristen Bell who was on Heros with greg grunberg who was on Alias with Jennifer Garner and Victor Garber. Victor Garber was in a show called Eli Stone with Loretta Devine who played a teacher on Boston Public which crossed over with The Practice......  

okay Jeff Kober played two roles on Buffy. Once in "Helpless" he played a deranged vampire released to kill buffy on her 18th birthday. The he played a magical drug dealer (meaning he dealt magic like drugs  ;D ) named Krac (in the season 6 ep "Two to Go")  he of course played Dodger on China Beach with Marg Helgenberger who is now on CSI and was part of those cross over eps between CSI and Without a Trace

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/11 at 5:19 pm

oh and duh.....

going back to the george clooney link.... george clooney was on er with Sherry Stringfield who played susan who had to go to new york to save her neice along with the help of some cops from Third Watch who later worked wtih the team of medical investigation which starred kelly williams who was on the practice whiched crossed over to boston public....

carrying that link further--- camryn manheim from the practice was on ghost whisper with Jennifer Love Hewitt who was on Party of Five with Matthew Fox and Noah Wylie .

Noah Wylie was on the Nine with Chi McBride (Boston Public) and Kim Ravier (third watch)
Bobby Cannavale was also on Third Watch and he went on to be on Cold Case with Kathryn Morris who's dated a guy played by Kenny Johnson
Kenny Johnson was on Saving Grace with Gregory Cruz who was on an ep of criminal Minds (so that links he criminal minds and suspect behavior posts)
Also on Saving Grace was Lorraine Toussaint who played Shambala Green on L&O she also starred on Any Day Now with Annie Potts who guest starred on L&O as well.....and Annie Potts also had a recurring role on Joan of Arcadia which links her Joe Mantegna (who is on Criminal Minds)  but also on Joan of Arcadia was Amber Tamblyn who recently had a recurring role on House.  one of her first roles was as Emily Quartermaine.... Emily was best friends with Lucky Spencer (played by Jonathan Jackson)  Lucky is the son of Luke and Laura  (so that covers the roseanne stuff) 

and.... Jonathan Jackson was on Terminator the Sara Conner Chronicles which also starred Summer Glau
who had a guest starring role on Big Bang Bang Theory featuring Johnny Galecki who was on Roseanne.... but more importantly Summer Glau was on Firely which was created by Joss Whedon (My Master) who created Dollhouse which starred Eliza Dushku who was also on Buffy with Sarah Michelle Gellar who was on All My Children with Susan Lucci who was on at the time when Pamela Kingsly (forget who played her) was on and there is an episode of AMC where oprah winfrey introduces herself (as Oprah Winfrey) to Pamela Kingsley...later Oprah appears as herself on the Fresh Prince.

The Fresh Prince also starred Tatyana Ali who was on a reality show about finding the next director she would appear in the short films that the directors made.  Also appearing in those films was Fredrick Kohler who played Chip on Kate and Allie....with Jane Curtin who was on SNL
also on SNL was David Spade who also starred on Just Shoot Me with Laura San Giacomo who was on Saving Grace

Also on Just Shoot me was Enrico Colantoni who was on Veronica Mars ---- he is also on Flash Point which stars Amy Jo Johnson who was on Felicity with Kerri Russell and Scott Foley,

Scott foley was on The Unit with Dennis Haysbert who was on 24 with Keiffer and Elisha Cuthbert who was on happy endings with Daman Wayans Jr who worked on his dad's show My Wife and Kids  which starred Tisha Campbell Martin who is now on The Protector with Ali Walker
and Miguel Ferrrer (btw Miguel Ferrer was on Crossimg Jordan with Jill Hennesy (who was on L&O) But also.... crossing Jordan crossed over with Las Vegas which featured cheryl Ladd in a reoccurring role and Cheryl ladd was the angel upset about not meeting Dan Tanna sooner and she was also on the Love Boat-centric ep of Charlie's Angels....... but I digress.   

Miguel Ferre was also on Crossing Jordan with Ken Howard who played the coach in the White Shadow which links back into jason's orginal post......

also.....

Ally Walker, who is the star of the Protector was on Sons of Anarchy with Katey Segal who was on 8 simple Rules with Kaley Cuoco who is now on Big Bang Theory which Summer Glau appeared on once....oh yeah.... Wil Wheaton has appeared on it too which links into the whole Star Trek Next Gen thing which links to Star Trek Trouble w/ Tribbles which links to William Shatner who was on Boston Legal (which spun from The PRactice which starred Candace Bergen who was on Murphy Brown.)

also on Sons of Anarchay? Ron Perlman who was on Beauty and the Beast with Linda Hamilton and a dude named David Greenlee (he played Mouse) he also played Dwight Mendenhal on Fame which starred Erica Gimpel who was in ER with George Clooney and Noah Wylie and on that one ep of Cosby Show I mentioned.  which also starred Tempestt Bledsoe who was in Househusbands of LA with her husband Daryll Bell who was on A Different World. Which featured Ryan Oneal who was on a show with Farrah Fawcett who was in the cruise ship themed Charlies Angels ep that had nothing to do with the love boat.

okay... I could do this all day I need to stop...

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/11 at 6:13 pm

Also on Just Shoot me was Enrico Colantoni who was on Veronica Mars ----

with Kristen Bell who was on Heroes with Milo Ventimiglia who was on Gilmore Girls with Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel (and Kelly Bishop who was in Dirty Dancing with Jerry Orbach who was on both L&O and L&O Conviction)  but also on Gilmore Girls was Sally Struthers who was on on All in the Family with Betty Garrett who was on Laverne and Shirley which was a spin off of Happy Days which stared Ron Howard who was on The Andy Griffith Show which was spun off from the Danny Thomas show....

and

Miguel Ferrrer (btw Miguel Ferrer was on Crossimg Jordan with Jill Hennesy (who was on L&O) But also.... crossing Jordan crossed over with Las Vegas which featured cheryl Ladd in a reoccurring role and Cheryl ladd was the angel upset about not meeting Dan Tanna sooner and she was also on the Love Boat-centric ep of Charlie's Angels....... but I digress.   

also on Vegas was Vanessa Marcil who was on Las Vegas with Molly Sims (who played Jaggers sister on GH) Vanessa Marcil recently returned to GH and caught the eye of madman artist Franco played by James Franco who was on Freaks and Geeks with Busy Phillips who is on Cougar Town with Courtney Cox who was on friends which had Julia Roberts as a guest star and Julia Roberts (as I think I mentioned earlier) also guest starred on L&O

also on Freaks and Geeks was Jason Segel who is on How I Met Your Mother with Alyson Hannigan who was on Buffy and Neal Patrick Harris who was on Dooge Howser.  I'm sure I'll find some obscure way to link NPH to L&O just not yet  :D but I can link him back to Joss Whedon since he not only did Dr Horrible with Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillian and that dude Simon Helberg from Big Bang...he also guest starred in an ep of Glee directed by Joss Whedon. Glee has had guest appearances by Kristin Chenoweth who was on Pushing Daisies with Chi McBride from Boston Public. 

Swoozie Kurtz was also on Pushing Daisies. She is currently on Mike and Molly with Melissa McCarthy who was on Gilmore Girls. and Billy Gardll and Reno Willims who both guest starred as buddies on an ep of Las Vegas with Vanessa Marcil (Vanessa Marcil had a recurring role on Lipstick Jungle with Kim Raver who was on third Watch and the Nine....  but also with Brooke Sheilds who was on Suddenly Susan with Kathy Griffin who made a memorable Guest starring appearance on SVU)

oh yeah... and Swoozie Kurtz was on Love Syndey with Tony Randall, who was on Odd Couple with Jack Klugman, Penny Marshall and what's his name who played AL on Happy Days..... Jack Klugman was on Quincy where he played a medical examiner.... he later showed up on an ep of Crossing Jordan where he played a medical examiner)

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/11 at 8:09 pm

Angie Harmon who was in L&O is now in Rizzoli and Isles with Sasha Alexander who was in NCIS with Mark Harmon who was on St Elsewhere with Chad Allen  who was in Our House with Shannen Douherty who was in Charmed with Alyssa Milano who was in Who's the boss with Judith Light who played a lawyer/judge/mentor on SVU 

Written By: Henk on 07/06/11 at 5:43 am

ummm....

who was on facts of life which was spun off from different strokes  (that covers that post)

also....

she guest starred on an ep of Cosby show which spun off A Differnt World (guess that keeps my cosby show post intact as well)

and.....

Conchata Ferrell also played a nurse in the "Go Fish" ep of Buffy the Vampire slayer which now makes my Buffy references relevant as well

I can also say that Charisma Carpenter, who played Cordelia Chase on Buffy was on Veronica Mars with Kristen Bell who was on Heros with greg grunberg who was on Alias with Jennifer Garner and Victor Garber. Victor Garber was in a show called Eli Stone with Loretta Devine who played a teacher on Boston Public which crossed over with The Practice......  

okay Jeff Kober played two roles on Buffy. Once in "Helpless" he played a deranged vampire released to kill buffy on her 18th birthday. The he played a magical drug dealer (meaning he dealt magic like drugs  ;D ) named Krac (in the season 6 ep "Two to Go")  he of course played Dodger on China Beach with Marg Helgenberger who is now on CSI and was part of those cross over eps between CSI and Without a Trace

oh and duh.....

going back to the george clooney link.... george clooney was on er with Sherry Stringfield who played susan who had to go to new york to save her neice along with the help of some cops from Third Watch who later worked wtih the team of medical investigation which starred kelly williams who was on the practice whiched crossed over to boston public....

carrying that link further--- camryn manheim from the practice was on ghost whisper with Jennifer Love Hewitt who was on Party of Five with Matthew Fox and Noah Wylie .

Noah Wylie was on the Nine with Chi McBride (Boston Public) and Kim Ravier (third watch)
Bobby Cannavale was also on Third Watch and he went on to be on Cold Case with Kathryn Morris who's dated a guy played by Kenny Johnson
Kenny Johnson was on Saving Grace with Gregory Cruz who was on an ep of criminal Minds (so that links he criminal minds and suspect behavior posts)
Also on Saving Grace was Lorraine Toussaint who played Shambala Green on L&O she also starred on Any Day Now with Annie Potts who guest starred on L&O as well.....and Annie Potts also had a recurring role on Joan of Arcadia which links her Joe Mantegna (who is on Criminal Minds)  but also on Joan of Arcadia was Amber Tamblyn who recently had a recurring role on House.  one of her first roles was as Emily Quartermaine.... Emily was best friends with Lucky Spencer (played by Jonathan Jackson)  Lucky is the son of Luke and Laura  (so that covers the roseanne stuff) 

and.... Jonathan Jackson was on Terminator the Sara Conner Chronicles which also starred Summer Glau
who had a guest starring role on Big Bang Bang Theory featuring Johnny Galecki who was on Roseanne.... but more importantly Summer Glau was on Firely which was created by Joss Whedon (My Master) who created Dollhouse which starred Eliza Dushku who was also on Buffy with Sarah Michelle Gellar who was on All My Children with Susan Lucci who was on at the time when Pamela Kingsly (forget who played her) was on and there is an episode of AMC where oprah winfrey introduces herself (as Oprah Winfrey) to Pamela Kingsley...later Oprah appears as herself on the Fresh Prince.

The Fresh Prince also starred Tatyana Ali who was on a reality show about finding the next director she would appear in the short films that the directors made.  Also appearing in those films was Fredrick Kohler who played Chip on Kate and Allie....with Jane Curtin who was on SNL
also on SNL was David Spade who also starred on Just Shoot Me with Laura San Giacomo who was on Saving Grace

Also on Just Shoot me was Enrico Colantoni who was on Veronica Mars ---- he is also on Flash Point which stars Amy Jo Johnson who was on Felicity with Kerri Russell and Scott Foley,

Scott foley was on The Unit with Dennis Haysbert who was on 24 with Keiffer and Elisha Cuthbert who was on happy endings with Daman Wayans Jr who worked on his dad's show My Wife and Kids  which starred Tisha Campbell Martin who is now on The Protector with Ali Walker
and Miguel Ferrrer (btw Miguel Ferrer was on Crossimg Jordan with Jill Hennesy (who was on L&O) But also.... crossing Jordan crossed over with Las Vegas which featured cheryl Ladd in a reoccurring role and Cheryl ladd was the angel upset about not meeting Dan Tanna sooner and she was also on the Love Boat-centric ep of Charlie's Angels....... but I digress.   

Miguel Ferre was also on Crossing Jordan with Ken Howard who played the coach in the White Shadow which links back into jason's orginal post......

also.....

Ally Walker, who is the star of the Protector was on Sons of Anarchy with Katey Segal who was on 8 simple Rules with Kaley Cuoco who is now on Big Bang Theory which Summer Glau appeared on once....oh yeah.... Wil Wheaton has appeared on it too which links into the whole Star Trek Next Gen thing which links to Star Trek Trouble w/ Tribbles which links to William Shatner who was on Boston Legal (which spun from The PRactice which starred Candace Bergen who was on Murphy Brown.)

also on Sons of Anarchay? Ron Perlman who was on Beauty and the Beast with Linda Hamilton and a dude named David Greenlee (he played Mouse) he also played Dwight Mendenhal on Fame which starred Erica Gimpel who was in ER with George Clooney and Noah Wylie and on that one ep of Cosby Show I mentioned.  which also starred Tempestt Bledsoe who was in Househusbands of LA with her husband Daryll Bell who was on A Different World. Which featured Ryan Oneal who was on a show with Farrah Fawcett who was in the cruise ship themed Charlies Angels ep that had nothing to do with the love boat.

okay... I could do this all day I need to stop...

with Kristen Bell who was on Heroes with Milo Ventimiglia who was on Gilmore Girls with Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel (and Kelly Bishop who was in Dirty Dancing with Jerry Orbach who was on both L&O and L&O Conviction)  but also on Gilmore Girls was Sally Struthers who was on on All in the Family with Betty Garrett who was on Laverne and Shirley which was a spin off of Happy Days which stared Ron Howard who was on The Andy Griffith Show which was spun off from the Danny Thomas show....

and

also on Vegas was Vanessa Marcil who was on Las Vegas with Molly Sims (who played Jaggers sister on GH) Vanessa Marcil recently returned to GH and caught the eye of madman artist Franco played by James Franco who was on Freaks and Geeks with Busy Phillips who is on Cougar Town with Courtney Cox who was on friends which had Julia Roberts as a guest star and Julia Roberts (as I think I mentioned earlier) also guest starred on L&O

also on Freaks and Geeks was Jason Segel who is on How I Met Your Mother with Alyson Hannigan who was on Buffy and Neal Patrick Harris who was on Dooge Howser.  I'm sure I'll find some obscure way to link NPH to L&O just not yet  :D but I can link him back to Joss Whedon since he not only did Dr Horrible with Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillian and that dude Simon Helberg from Big Bang...he also guest starred in an ep of Glee directed by Joss Whedon. Glee has had guest appearances by Kristin Chenoweth who was on Pushing Daisies with Chi McBride from Boston Public. 

Swoozie Kurtz was also on Pushing Daisies. She is currently on Mike and Molly with Melissa McCarthy who was on Gilmore Girls. and Billy Gardll and Reno Willims who both guest starred as buddies on an ep of Las Vegas with Vanessa Marcil (Vanessa Marcil had a recurring role on Lipstick Jungle with Kim Raver who was on third Watch and the Nine....  but also with Brooke Sheilds who was on Suddenly Susan with Kathy Griffin who made a memorable Guest starring appearance on SVU)

oh yeah... and Swoozie Kurtz was on Love Syndey with Tony Randall, who was on Odd Couple with Jack Klugman, Penny Marshall and what's his name who played AL on Happy Days..... Jack Klugman was on Quincy where he played a medical examiner.... he later showed up on an ep of Crossing Jordan where he played a medical examiner)

Angie Harmon who was in L&O is now in Rizzoli and Isles with Sasha Alexander who was in NCIS with Mark Harmon who was on St Elsewhere with Chad Allen  who was in Our House with Shannen Douherty who was in Charmed with Alyssa Milano who was in Who's the boss with Judith Light who played a lawyer/judge/mentor on SVU 

You know...this totally tops ANY of Jason's sketchy connections. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/11 at 2:04 pm

^ That totally does, but it cannot be connected through the "Law and Order Universe :P

:D

why not? I totally connected them thru law & order....in my subsequent posts.  :P

btw I also remembered that

who was on facts of life which was spun off from different strokes  (that covers that post)

also....

and.....

also in that episode of "Go Fish" was Wentworth Miller (Prison Break) who guest starred on SVU last season or the season before! BAM!

and.....

carrying that link further--- camryn manheim from the practice was on ghost whisper with Jennifer Love Hewitt who was on Party of Five with Matthew Fox and Noah Wylie

Matthew Fox was on  Lost with Henry Ian Cusick who played Desmond......he also had a riveting guest starring role on two eps of L&O

and

who had a guest starring role on Big Bang Bang Theory featuring Johnny Galecki who was on Roseanne.... but more importantly Summer Glau was on Firely which was created by Joss Whedon (My Master) who created Dollhouse which starred Eliza Dushku who was also on Buffy with Sarah Michelle Gellar who wase on All My Children with Susan Lucci who

....guest starred on an ep of Hot in Cleavland with Wendy Malick (who was also in Just Shoot Me) (Jane Leeves who was in Fraiser) Valerie Bertinelli and Betty White who was on the Mary Tyler Moore show......as was Valerie Harper who played Rhoda Morgenstern. She left MTM to go play Rhoda on her own show Rhoda with David Groh (Joe) who has played various characters on various three different eps of L&O

:P

Written By: Henk on 07/07/11 at 4:14 pm

The whole idea is to connect the shows through fictional character only given the show is still within a fictional world.

Example:  Ed Begley Jr. played Dr. Erlich on St. Elsewhere.  He also played that same character in an episode of 'Homicide: Life on the Street, a show starring Richard Belzer, who played Detective John Munch, a character he also played on 'Law and Order' and 'Law and Order: SVU'

Thanks for playing though.  You get a set of Lee Press on Nails as a consolation prize :D :P ;)

I still don't get it.

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/11 at 4:22 pm

I still don't get it.

Apparently some people have played the same character on various tv shows and Jason and his buddy have found some obscure way to connect them to L&O. I don't have that much time on my hands.  Plus I like my game  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/25/11 at 12:10 am

The Goth forensic anthropologist on NCIS.  Wassup widdat?
???

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/11 at 12:54 am

Apparently some people have played the same character on various tv shows and Jason and his buddy have found some obscure way to connect them to L&O. I don't have that much time on my hands.  Plus I like my game  ;D

We made it all the way as far back as 'The Danny Thomas Show' from the 1950s :o

Written By: Jake Hodgson on 07/07/12 at 3:49 pm

I want to start by saying this page is awesome. However 30Rock wouldn't can't because it is a show within a show, same goes for Murphy Brown and Seinfeld.

Written By: whistledog on 07/07/12 at 3:51 pm

I want to start by saying this page is awesome. However 30Rock wouldn't can't because it is a show within a show, same goes for Murphy Brown and Seinfeld.

This is true actually. 

Check for new replies or respond here...