inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking For the name of an Old PC game....HELP

Written By: babyangelwings on 10/22/11 at 12:49 am

I'm looking for an Old PC game that my sister and I use to play. It was a Storybook sort of game, but unsure if it was interactive storybook brand. It was about Birds and a little dog. They sang and danced, and we played little games with them. I remember one of the songs. "Birds of a feather, we flock together. It's you and me no matter what the weather." I think the dog's name was Dinky, or dixie, or somethine like that with a D. Maybe Dippy. Cause one of the songs went "Dinky?? is a dog that's as big as a bird."

It was the cutest, funest game ever. We have my sister and I on video just singing and dancing to all the songs on this game. I've tried looking everything for the name of this game. I thought it was Birds of a Feather. But I'm not having any luck finding it. Does anyone know that can help me?!?!?!

Subject: Re: Looking For the name of an Old PC game....HELP

Written By: skyorrichegg on 02/09/12 at 4:16 am

Hi, don't know if you are still looking for an answer but I think the game is "Shelley Duvall's It's a Bird's Life" that was out as a CD-ROM and for the 3do. I may be thinking of the wrong game though....

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/09/12 at 8:44 pm

Hi, don't know if you are still looking for an answer but I think the game is "Shelley Duvall's It's a Bird's Life" that was out as a CD-ROM and for the 3do. I may be thinking of the wrong game though....

Nailed it.  Karma for breaking the mental log-jam!

The article is dated 2005, so I have no idea how they came to review a game released on the 3DO in 1993.

* Singalongs — Learn 11 songs by clicking on the title and reading the words as the songs are sung with musical accompaniment. Fun graphics are included, although there’s very little animation. Most of the songs are about birds or dogs, but there very cute. Check out the last one, Bird’s of a Feather (emphasis added by poster) — Kristina’s and my favorite song!

-- Jackie and Kristina Wheeler, A Review of Shelley Duvall’s It’s a Bird’s Life.

(And a bit more game info and screenshots.)

Written By: Steve C on 09/28/12 at 5:46 pm

To babyangelwings: we appeared to have the same childhood! My memories of this game have never left me.
To skyorrichegg: Thank you so so much for naming it!!! I'm so glad I can look back on it now rather than it just haunting me as these mystical childhood memories.

Steve

Check for new replies or respond here...