inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Comic Strip Books

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/12 at 3:37 pm

Does anyone here collect books that feature comic strips from the papers?

I have the entire collection of calvin and hobbes books.  I have a couple of duplicates because, if I ever get a real home I plan to go thru the duplicate books and cut out my favorites for framing.

I have most if not all of the Bloom County books

and I have one Boondocks books but hope to get the rest later....they've been on my amazon wish list for years but no one ever buys them for me. ::)

I am looking for, might have to go to the library to do this,  a particular comic strip from B.C.  it was in the paper 12/12/1999.  I have the original  but it's showing signs of wear & tear and age.  I wonder if It was ever included in any of B.C. books that have been published.  It's a strip that gives ode to the letter Q.  8)    (I have asked about it on the official Johnny Hart website just in case someone there can answer my question.)

Subject: Re: Comic Strip Books

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/12 at 5:43 pm

I have had a few Charlie Brown. Don't collect them-just have a few.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 01/04/12 at 6:23 pm

I have all the Calvin and Hobbes books as well as all the Farside books. I also have quite a few
Andy Capp, Beetle Baily, Herman, and Charlie Brown. Probably a few others, I just can't think of
them at the moment.

Of all the books, Calvin and Hobbes is my favorite.

Written By: whistledog on 01/06/12 at 5:11 am

I am not a collector, but I do have this ...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YDiuddFuL.jpg

I used to have a bunch of Heathcliff books and the first like 8 volumes of Garfield, including the ones from the TV specials:  Garfield Goes Halloween, Garfield Goes to Hollywood, etc ...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/06/12 at 5:26 am

Have all the Farside, alot of Garfield, a few Charlie Brown, a few Dennis the Menace, a few Marmaduke, a few Andy Capp, a few Beetle Baily, a few Ziggy books, and one Cathy book.  Might have others that I can't think of.

Would like to get a Bizarro book. 

edit to add: I have a few Ripley's Believe It or Not books.  Would like to get more.

Check for new replies or respond here...