inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Converse All-Stars (Chuck Taylors): Timeless?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/13/12 at 11:45 am

http://chucksconnection.com/chucktalkimages/black297.jpg

It's interesting how Converse All-Stars never seem to go out of style among young people. My older brothers wore them in the 1970's when they were teenagers, I had a pair of Chucks when I was in my early 20's, and I still see teenagers and people in their 20's wearing them today.

Yet it seems like Chucks are exclusively for younger people. I don't think I've seen anyone over 30 wearing Chucks (unless perhaps they were in a band), and for some reason I'd feel kind of weird about wearing them at my age.

Subject: Re: Converse All-Stars (Chuck Taylors): Timeless?

Written By: loki 13 on 05/13/12 at 1:42 pm

I turned 50 last month and I still wear Chuck's. I have since I was a child, and as long as they still make
them I will still wear them. I have always worn white hightops but in my younger years I did wear the blue
hightops on occasion.

Written By: whistledog on 05/13/12 at 4:02 pm

One of my friends who is in his 30s has a pair of Batman Converse Chuck Taylors.  It's got the Joker's face on it and says HA HA all over. 

Written By: danootaandme on 05/13/12 at 4:06 pm

The Converse Factory started, and was for years, right here in my hometown, Malden, Massachusetts.  The day they left is the day I stopped wearing them.  >:(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/14/12 at 5:15 pm

I have magenta sparkly ones that I wear all the time.  I'm 34.

I have a boss that has all kinds and wears them to work regularly - she's 40ish...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/14/12 at 6:11 pm

Maybe I should just say f--k it and just buy a pair.  8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/12 at 10:57 pm

Oh, I thought for a second you guys were talking about Chuck Traynor.
                                                                                                                                                                  :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/12 at 11:10 pm

Buy them Al....everybody wears them! I am still looking to get this awesome rare pair:

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11500000/The-Ramones-Converse-Shoes-the-ramones-11509464-800-482.jpg

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/15/12 at 1:01 pm

I've always preferred the low tops to the high tops.  I had a pair of the high ones when I was young and there was something about the canvas that totally bugged me.  But I've had several pairs of low tops, and wore them all right out.

Al, there's a pic of my sparkly ones on FB if you need inspiration.  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 05/20/12 at 4:18 pm

Oh, I thought for a second you guys were talking about Chuck Traynor.
                                                                                                                                                                  :o

I would not want his converse shoes LOL

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 07/26/12 at 2:10 am

I'm way, way over 30 and all I wear are Chuck Taylor hi-tops.  I wear them to funerals, even.

Check for new replies or respond here...