inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your first email address

Written By: singer on 06/30/12 at 6:06 am

When did your get your very first email address? Do you still use it? I still do. It was late 2004 when I registered at Yahoo! Mail. In 2006 I deleted my Yahoo! Mail account and switched to a local email service. I've changed a couple of email addresses at that local email provider and my last one is since 2010.

However, after about 6 years I decided I need a change and recently I got my first e-mail @ Yahoo! Mail back. Now I have two email addresses but I'll abandon the former and I'll go back to having Yahoo! as my main (and only) email provider.
What I love about Yahoo! is that I was able to re-register the same username again! ;) I'm so glad.

And what about you, when did you get your very first email address? Would you go back to it if you could?

Subject: Re: Your first email address

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 06/30/12 at 6:19 am

I got my first email address exactly 12 years ago, in late June 2000, just when I got internet access. It was a German T-Online one which was (and still) is my provider. However I am not using it anymore. My primary current one must be from around 2002.

Written By: warped on 06/30/12 at 6:24 am

I got my first e-mail address in 1997. Still use the same one today.

Technically, the real 1st e-mail address I had was in the mid to late 1980s, a "University" e-mail address which I could log into using my old Commodore 64. "State of the art" it was back then.

Written By: Howard on 06/30/12 at 7:13 am

I got my first email address 15 years ago this August but the site that I've been checking my email with, went out of business so I went to gmail 2 years ago.

Written By: amjikloviet on 06/30/12 at 10:46 am

I had my very first email address in early 2002, and it was with AOL. I don't use it anymore of course, because over the years I have forgotten my password.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/12 at 11:58 am

Ours was AOL. We still use the same first part but with another server. Actually, today we have a totally of 5 active emails.  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/12 at 12:04 pm

maxs@student.umass.edu

I went back to school to finish up in '95 and everybody was asking for my email address.  So, I relented and got one through the university.  I wonder if another Max has that account now.  Then I got the Hotmail account I had opened for 15 years.  I didn't use it much after I got gmail, then my Hotmail got hacked, so I just closed the account altogether. 

Written By: Inertia on 06/30/12 at 9:40 pm

I know my very first email was something very childish and about cats. I really loved cats at that age.

I think it was something silly like kitten_luver@fsmail.com. I would guess I created it in either 2000 or 2001 but I possibly made it sooner. I know I had an email by the time I joined Neopets as you needed one in order to register. However, it may have been created a few years sooner because I had been registering for other sites before I joined Neopets.

Regardless, I don't use it anymore. The oldest email I use was made around 2004.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/12 at 2:36 pm

I know my very first email was something very childish and about cats. I really loved cats at that age.

I think it was something silly like kitten_luver@fsmail.com. I would guess I created it in either 2000 or 2001 but I possibly made it sooner. I know I had an email by the time I joined Neopets as you needed one in order to register. However, it may have been created a few years sooner because I had been registering for other sites before I joined Neopets.

Regardless, I don't use it anymore. The oldest email I use was made around 2004.

Or how about something like CatwomanofV?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Starde on 07/01/12 at 8:37 pm

My first email address... I remember when my family got our first computer back in '99, I remember we basically had a family email address on Microsoft Outlook and I remember using it a few times for my mom because she didn't know how to use it. But I don't remember getting my own personal email address until sometime in the early 00's (2000 or 2001). It was definitely an AOL account. In fact, I remember having more than one AOL screen name and the one that I remember the most is AmericanAuthor91 because I was really into writing (still am when I'm in the mood) and wanted to be a writer when I grew up.

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/01/12 at 11:44 pm

I got my first e-mail address in 2002 at age eleven. It was and is poetmath@yahoo.com, reflecting off my love of writing poetry, which was only a phase for me. I don't much care for writing poetry anymore, but regardless, I still use that e-mail. I concurrently use several other e-mails as well.

Written By: Inertia on 07/02/12 at 5:59 am

Or how about something like CatwomanofV?  ;)

Cat

I think you have claim staked on that name. ^^

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/12 at 11:03 am

I think you have claim staked on that name. ^^

I'm just saying there is nothing wrong with having a user name that has to do with cats.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/02/12 at 11:11 am

I first got one in January of 1999, it was through Hotmail. It utilized my first initial, middle initial, lastname and last two digits of my birth year. I used it through 2005 before switching full-time to a similar AOL addy. At first it was simple to use, but after about five years I was starting to get LOTS of spam on it so I changed the filter settings to the highest possible level... yet it was still getting spammed for some unknown reason. By the end of 2005, I quit using that one.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/02/12 at 5:38 pm

I'm just saying there is nothing wrong with having a user name that has to do with cats.

Cat

Or women.
8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/12 at 5:50 pm

Or women.
8)

I am Woman, hear me roar!

MEOW, Damnit!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/02/12 at 7:43 pm

My first email address at first was howard3574@go.com but was changed cause Go went out of business for good so I changed to hotmail after that 2 years ago.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 07/12/12 at 1:49 pm

It must have been in early 1999 when we got our first computer and had AOL. My AOL log on was "Wizard8" or something ;D but I don't think I really used it that much. The earliest ones I remember using were MarkMc11 and MarkMc1028 in the early 00's.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 07/12/12 at 5:28 pm

Mine was Popupvid28 at A O L. I think I still have it, although I haven't checked my mail box in years. I imagine there's about ten billion spam messages by now!

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/13/12 at 12:07 pm

I got my first email address when I signed up for AOL in June of 1996!  Wow, that was a long time ago.  It was wsmith4@aol.com.

Check for new replies or respond here...