inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Decades" Days

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/08/12 at 11:35 am

Has anyone ever taken part in "decades" days? If so, what did you do, and how did you dress up?

The only time I've ever done so was when I was in high school. Our homecoming theme was retro, and so we had different days in which we'd dress up like different decades. So on 1950s Day, I wore a leather jacket with a t-shirt underneath and some jeans; on 1960s Day, I dressed as hippie-ish as possible; on 1970s Day, I wore a t-shirt with a smiley face on it and some big-heeled shoes; and on 1980s Day, I wore a piano tie. We didn't have a '90s Day because the 1990s weren't retro or nostalgic enough at the time (this was in 2008).

Subject: Re: "Decades" Days

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/10/12 at 10:46 pm

Nah, when I was in school the closest thing we had was "Odd Sock and Hat Day."
8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/10/12 at 11:49 pm

I remember for a singing program we had at school when I was a youngster in the mid-1970s, we had to dress in 1950's style.  I really liked dressing in "costume".  I have a few pictures, I'm gonna have to find them and scan them.  I will post them here when I do.

Written By: warped on 07/11/12 at 6:34 am

Years ago we had "50s" day at work.  We all dressed up in that 1950s style.  Not too long ago we also had "80s" day, dressed up in the fashion of the 1980s.

The latest one we had was "60s" day. I dressed as a hippie and was nominated for best costume ( many people were) but I did not win.
They are fun to do, if you're in that sort of mood.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/12 at 6:58 am

I don't remember any place I've been to had a decades days but I always enjoyed dressing up as Michael Jackson cause I was such a huge fan of his.

Check for new replies or respond here...