inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did you ever think...

Written By: warped on 09/12/12 at 4:25 pm

For those of you who have siblings (or even very close friends, but it's not the same)

Did you ever think when you were 8 or 9 years old, playing with your sister(s) or brother(s), the fights you had, the games you played, the TV shows you watched, the toys you played with, the pillow fights, staying up very late and talking with your siblings in the room after the lights were turned off...etc..

Did you ever think that those were the best times of your life?

Looking back, despite the arguments and sibling rivalry, I really miss those times, and I'd cough up lots of $ to recreate them again. I'd say those years (ages 7 to 12) were the best times of my life.

Anyone else think this way?

Subject: Re: Did you ever think...

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/12/12 at 5:08 pm

I know what you mean. I do miss the times my siblings and I had when we were growing up, but even today we are still close and it is almost as if nothing's changed ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/12 at 5:18 pm

My family parted ways a long time ago but several years ago we started coming back together again. About 20 + years ago, I would only talk to any one of my siblings on birthdays and Christmas. Now, one of my sisters, I talk to I don't know how many times a week. Right now the conversation is dominated by our mother and the last year it was our father. But, we still talk about eBay and other stuff. I still don't have her # memorized but it is getting there. I would have to say that next to Carlos, she is my best friend.

Cat

Written By: belmont22 on 09/13/12 at 5:12 am

To be honest, I don't know. I feel like I get along a LOT better with my siblings now.

Written By: Howard on 09/13/12 at 7:10 am

I remember those good times with my late brother staying up after 1130pm watching TV and going to sleep late or the times when Joan Rivers and Arsenio was on.

Check for new replies or respond here...