inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What country produces better music?

Written By: belmont22 on 10/31/12 at 11:28 pm

I vote the UK. I find British music on average tends to take genres that started in the US and improves upon them.

Subject: Re: What country produces better music?

Written By: warped on 11/01/12 at 6:18 am

For myself, I'd say the UK wins in a landslide, not even close. If I were to make a list of my top 20 artists ( and I have), 16 are from UK, 3 from America.

Depends of what type of music you like, it's really subjective though, based of personal preference.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/01/12 at 6:53 am

For myself, I'd say the UK wins in a landslide, not even close. If I were to make a list of my top 20 artists ( and I have), 16 are from UK, 3 from America.

Depends of what type of music you like, it's really subjective though, based of personal preference.

I tend to like New Wave from the 80s and generally speaking, I think the British bands were better than the American bands. I'd take Depeche Mode or Talk Talk over the B-52's or Animotion anyday.

Written By: Paul on 11/01/12 at 6:53 am

I vote the UK. I find British music on average tends to take genres that started in the US and improves upon them.

Funny how, some half a century ago, no-one would have touched British popular music with a broomstick!

(Possibly apart from the British!)

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/03/12 at 8:08 pm

Definitley the UK. Especially when you remember that it\'s not just England. It\'s Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as well.

Written By: whistledog on 11/03/12 at 8:38 pm

The best country that produces music is Germany

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/03/12 at 8:59 pm

The best country that produces music is Germany

I\'ll give you Sin With Sebastian, Scorpions, Fool\'s Garden and possibly others but I don\\\'t know about the best, even in Europe. Italy and Sweden are pretty good too.

Check for new replies or respond here...