inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are donuts not as popular as they used to be?

Written By: belmont22 on 11/05/12 at 12:56 am

I remember as a child, donut shops seemed basically everywhere. Nowadays, they seem a bit more difficult to find, here in the US. Even Krispy Kreme was a bigger thing 10 years ago than now. Donuts were a common before-work breakfast, now it seems like hardly anyone eats them. Do you think they're a victim of increase in health-conscious people? There's definitely been a backlash to junk food in recent years.

Subject: Re: Are donuts not as popular as they used to be?

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 1:22 am

I remember as a child, donut shops seemed basically everywhere. Nowadays, they seem a bit more difficult to find, here in the US. Even Krispy Kreme was a bigger thing 10 years ago than now. Donuts were a common before-work breakfast, now it seems like hardly anyone eats them. Do you think they're a victim of increase in health-conscious people? There's definitely been a backlash to junk food in recent years.

Dunkin Donuts are still popular and donuts are still well-liked on The Simpsons last I watched. As long as there is police, there will be donuts.

Written By: whistledog on 11/05/12 at 6:27 am

Come to Canada.  There is a Tim Hortons on every corner

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/05/12 at 6:35 am

I think part of the reason you don't see as many donut shops around is that convenience stores have increased substantially in size over the last 10-15 years and they offer a much larger selection of breakfast and lunch foods, including donuts.  Some of them even sell Krispy Kremes.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/05/12 at 7:28 am

Come to Canada.  There is a Tim Hortons on every corner

I've been there and you are indeed correct. Not quite as many in British Columbia, but still a lot.

Written By: warped on 11/05/12 at 7:48 am

I've been there and you are indeed correct. Not quite as many in British Columbia, but still a lot.

British Columbia has more Starbucks than Tim Hortons, which makes sense geographically I suppose because Starbucks is based in Seattle. Ontario has just too many Tim Horton's.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/05/12 at 7:53 am

British Columbia has more Starbucks than Tim Hortons, which makes sense geographically I suppose because Starbucks is based in Seattle. Ontario has just too many Tim Horton's.

BCers are basically Americans anyway. Just kidding  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...