inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you think will be the main struggle of the upcoming years?

Written By: belmont22 on 12/08/12 at 5:40 am

What's going to be the main struggle we will face in the next life time or so?

1) Coping with global warming?
2) America vs China?
3) The West vs Islam?
4) Consumerism vs environmentalism?
5) Technophiles vs luddites?

Just hoying a few ideas out there.

Subject: Re: What do you think will be the main struggle of the upcoming years?

Written By: danootaandme on 12/08/12 at 8:13 am

It will be the age old greed v. good

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/09/12 at 9:23 pm

What's going to be the main struggle we will face in the next life time or so?

Food.  Plants, fish, or worms?

During my next lifetime, the carcass I used during this lifetime shall either have been cremated and the ashes scattered over someone's lawn to feed the crops, buried at sea so it can feed fish, or buried 6 feet underground so it can become wormfood.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/09/12 at 11:42 pm

Food.  Plants, fish, or worms?

During my next lifetime, the carcass I used during this lifetime shall either have been cremated and the ashes scattered over someone's lawn to feed the crops, buried at sea so it can feed fish, or buried 6 feet underground so it can become wormfood.

My problem with reincarnation is I don't want to do it.  What do I come back as?  I don't want to come back as another animal as long as humans are around to eff my life up, and I sure don't want to come around as a human as long as humans are around to eff my life up.  I'm a Christian.  I want to be a seraphim sitting on a cumulus cloud in long silk robe and play a golden harp. 
http://www.buzzle.com/images/smiley-faces/angel-smiley-face.jpg

Written By: Goodogbadog on 12/14/12 at 3:33 pm

Maxwell said  "My problem with reincarnation is I don't want to do it.  What do I come back as?  I don't want to come back as another animal as long as humans are around to eff my life up, and I sure don't want to come around as a human as long as humans are around to eff my life up.  I'm a Christian.  I want to be a seraphim sitting on a cumulus cloud in long silk robe and play a golden harp. "

OK, I'll speak to God about it. I think that job is available. You better start taking harp lessons.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/21/12 at 7:33 pm

The problem with reincarnation is that there's so many things you could come back as that it's a total crapshoot.

You could come back as a bald eagle, which would be wicked awesome. Or, you could come back as, say, a urinal cake, which would not be so wicked awesome.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 12/21/12 at 7:42 pm

The problem with reincarnation is that there's so many things you could come back as that it's a total crapshoot.

You could come back as a bald eagle, which would be wicked awesome. Or, you could come back as, say, a urinal cake, which would not be so wicked awesome.  :-\\

I want to come back as a Pathmark cart.

Written By: belmont22 on 12/21/12 at 10:37 pm

I would think you could probably only come back as living things. Though even then, being a tree would kind of suck.  ???

Written By: Howard on 12/22/12 at 7:03 am

I think one main struggle for the upcoming years is on how to get guns off the streets.

Written By: warped on 12/22/12 at 11:41 am

I want to come back as a Pathmark cart.

Why?

(It can't be because you want broken milk or eggs spilled on you, or have garbage dumped in you, or get rear ended by other carts)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/22/12 at 11:50 am

I would think you could probably only come back as living things. Though even then, being a tree would kind of suck.  ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_D0wkLyCXE

Written By: Howard on 12/22/12 at 7:46 pm

Why?

(It can't be because you want broken milk or eggs spilled on you, or have garbage dumped in you, or get rear ended by other carts)

Ok, I change my re-incarnation.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/22/12 at 7:56 pm

Ok, I change my re-incarnation.

To what?

Written By: Howard on 12/22/12 at 8:19 pm

To what?

Let me think about it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/22/12 at 10:11 pm

The main struggle of the upcoming years is a crapshoot.  You being the crap. 
8)

Written By: 80sfan on 12/23/12 at 7:34 am

The problem with the whole global warming debate is that there's too much politics in it. More than people like to admit.

The weather/temperature record has only been around since the mid-1800s, and the earth was warmer when the dinosaurs were alive. And there's research that shows the Romans had hotter temps than us today.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/10/global_warming_undermined_by_study_of_climate_change/

There's 2 main debate from what I know.

1)The weather is warmer in the winter now than it was 10 years ago, and the summers are hot as hell. Remember the Summer of 2012? There were like 10+ days of 100 degree weather.
and
2)The weather record has been around for a while, how can we know what's normal and what's not? And even if humans and their cars do contribute to the warming, it's only a small fraction, like 10% or less.

I'm not going to tell anyone what to believe, but this whole 'global warming' thing is a touchy subject to some people, so I guess this is just me trying to find out the facts or the truth, etc, etc.

Written By: Howard on 12/23/12 at 7:38 pm

The problem with the whole global warming debate is that there's too much politics in it. More than people like to admit.

The weather/temperature record has only been around since the mid-1800s, and the earth was warmer when the dinosaurs were alive. And there's research that shows the Romans had hotter temps than us today.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/10/global_warming_undermined_by_study_of_climate_change/

There's 2 main debate from what I know.

1)The weather is warmer in the winter now than it was 10 years ago, and the summers are hot as hell. Remember the Summer of 2012? There were like 10+ days of 100 degree weather.
and
2)The weather record has been around for a while, how can we know what's normal and what's not? And even if humans and their cars do contribute to the warming, it's only a small fraction, like 10% or less.

I'm not going to tell anyone what to believe, but this whole 'global warming' thing is a touchy subject to some people, so I guess this is just me trying to find out the facts or the truth, etc, etc.

I feel the winter of 2013 will be cold but probably no snow. We'll just have to wait and see.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/23/12 at 11:00 pm

I feel the winter of 2013 will be cold but probably no snow. We'll just have to wait and see.

There's 2 inches of snow where I'm from. From Lincoln, Nebraska. I guess it'll be a white Christmas!  8)

Written By: Howard on 12/24/12 at 7:19 pm

There's 2 inches of snow where I'm from. From Lincoln, Nebraska. I guess it'll be a white Christmas!  8)

Just a month ago right after the Superstorm Sandy, New York got 4-5 inches of snow, down trees made the snowstorm worse than it looked. Hopefully,maybe we'll get some snow or maybe not.

Check for new replies or respond here...