inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How old were you when you stopped playing with toys?...

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/30/12 at 8:40 pm

...and what year was it? The reason I ask is because it seems to me that most children today stop playing with their toys at a much younger age (7,8 or 9 years old) and are more into electronics. Does anyone agree and see this as well, or am I the only one who noticed this? I remained innocent and played with dolls for the longest time, until I was eleven! :o That was back in 1991. When I think about it now, compared to how old children today are when they are no longer interested in toys, I was way too old to be playing with dolls lol ;D. On the positive side though, I'm glad I kept innocent that long.

Subject: Re: How old were you when you stopped playing with toys?...

Written By: warped on 12/30/12 at 8:47 pm

...and what year was it? The reason I ask is because it seems to me that most children today stop playing with their toys at a much younger age (7,8 or 9 years old) and are more into electronics. Does anyone agree and see this as well, or am I the only one who noticed this? I remained innocent and played with dolls for the longest time, until I was eleven! :o That was back in 1991. When I think about it now, compared to how old children today are when they are no longer interested in toys, I was way too old to be playing with dolls lol ;D. On the positive side though, I'm glad I kept innocent that long.

That depends what you would consider "a toy".
I play ARCADE games here, if that's a toy then I'm 50 and still playing  ;D

Let's see. I stopped playing with hot wheels or my Lionel train set when I was about..I dunno..14? 15?
Girls I knew played with Barbie dolls until age 13 maybe? My sister stopped playing with dolls around age 11? 12?

There were no "electronics" alternatives back then. If you didn't play with toys, you read a book, or played outside with other kids, or watched what your parents watched, and if you were lucky, it was on a color TV.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/12 at 9:04 pm

12.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/12 at 11:39 pm

I still play with toys.  If you consider game consoles (Xbox, PS3, et al) toys.
I also have a Windows Phone.  That also can be considered a toy.

As for other types of actual toys, I sometimes still play.  Remember those WWF Wrestlers made by LJN in the 1980s?  I still have most of them, and sometimes, a match between Hulk Hogan and Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorff will occur ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/30/12 at 11:57 pm

I don't know.  I'll leave instructions to have the executor of my will post my answer to this thread :)

Written By: Howard on 12/31/12 at 7:20 am

I stopped playing with toys in the late 80's but I still play video games on my PS3.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/12 at 11:50 am

I still play with them.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=22544.0

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/31/12 at 12:24 pm

I still play with them.  I have an 8 year old niece who's obsessed with Barbies.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 12/31/12 at 1:53 pm

I would say that I stopped playing with toys as a matter of course after I started junior high school in the late 90's. The last time i received any items that would be considered traditional "toys" were a group of WWF action figures in 1998. I've always been a big Lego freak though, and I still "play" with that to this day.

Written By: belmont22 on 12/31/12 at 1:59 pm

Hmmmm. Good question, maybe like about 9 or 10? I'm actually not sure.

Written By: Inertia on 12/31/12 at 6:28 pm

I still play video games, but my interest of dolls, stuffed animals, and other such traditional toys disappeared by the time I was about eleven.

I had an epiphany one day while playing with my toys and decided I could spend my time doing more productive and entertaining tasks.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/12 at 7:27 pm

I still play with them.  I have an 8 year old niece who's obsessed with Barbies.

What's her favorite Barbie?

Written By: Howard on 12/31/12 at 7:28 pm

The last time i received any items that would be considered traditional "toys" were a group of WWF action figures in 1998.

Which ones did you collect?  ???

Written By: Howard on 12/31/12 at 7:30 pm

I still play video games, but my interest of dolls, stuffed animals, and other such traditional toys disappeared by the time I was about eleven.

I had an epiphany one day while playing with my toys and decided I could spend my time doing more productive and entertaining tasks.

I used to collect stuffed animals myself, a teddy bear and a huge stuffed Dalmatian dog named Snappy.

Written By: Inertia on 12/31/12 at 7:39 pm

I used to collect stuffed animals myself, a teddy bear and a huge stuffed Dalmatian dog named Snappy.

I collected stuffed cats as a child. Of course, when I became more interested in other hobbies I stopped doing that too.

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/12 at 8:00 pm

Like a few others here if you are considering video games a toy I still play and I'm 44+1  :D 

I think I was about 12 when I stopped playing with my barbies and playing make believe. 

However I still love cars and action figures.....put them in front of me and I will play....particularly the pull back cars that go on their own... I will build ramps and try and get them to fly!  I have a remote control car that I enjoy sending after the dog  ;D

I love slinkys and playdo and yo yos. 
I will play with the happy meals toys that come with my meal. 
And I really want a set of cool wood (real wood) blocks....
I want a race track set
and I've always wanted a house with a big room where I can set up my own Playmobil village!!!! 

Written By: nally on 12/31/12 at 8:09 pm

I was 12 when I stopped playing with them full-time. However, from time to time, I do like to get some of my old toys out again and set them up... just to bring back memories (the toys themselves are stored safely in boxes in my garage).

If I have a chance, I'll share some pics of things that I created with my wooden blocks, Happy Meal toys (a couple of which I acquired at age 10 or 11), Legos, etc., during my preteen years.

and I've always wanted a house with a big room where I can set up my own Playmobil village!!!! 

That sounds great! There've been times when I've wanted to have such a place and do that sorta thing too!! :D

Written By: Howard on 12/31/12 at 8:12 pm

I collected stuffed cats as a child. Of course, when I became more interested in other hobbies I stopped doing that too.

How old were you when you stopped playing with stuffed animals?

Written By: nally on 12/31/12 at 8:21 pm

For me, I was 11 when I gave up the last stuffed animal in my bed (but packed it away safely in a box with all my others)... but after our first pet dog passed away in 1993 (when I was 13), my parents began buying a few stuffed animals, mostly dogs, to at least have some kind of animal around. But then in April of 1998 they came across a grey stuffed rabbit in a spa store and I became attached to it myself. (I was 17 3/4 at that time.) However, it's no ordinary stuffed rabbit, as it has a tummy filled with lavender and flaxseed, designed to help you relieve your stress.

Edited to add: I posted a picture of him in another thread, namely this one; attachment at bottom of post

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/12 at 8:25 pm

i'm not even gonna try and front this one.... i'm 44+1 and I still sleep with the stuffed rabbit I got when I was 7.  It smells and has holes and the stuffing is coming out in spots...and I don't care he's my friend and I love him! ...  :D

Written By: nally on 12/31/12 at 8:32 pm

I, too, have a couple of stuffed rabbits that are 30+ years old and showing their age. Last time I took 'em out of the box, the fur was coming off and there might've been holes in their bodies, but I don't care...they were a part of me! :) In fact, I had plenty of bunnies when I was a kid... I named one 'Bunny', one 'Brand New Bunny', a 'Brown Bunny'...and at least a couple others.

Written By: warped on 12/31/12 at 8:38 pm

I think I stopped playing with my stuffed animals when I was 7? 8? and when I was a teen I threw them all away (they were stored in boxes for years)

Written By: Inertia on 01/01/13 at 5:16 am

Actual playing with stuffed animals? Around eleven. I definitely stopped playing with all traditional toys sometime in middle school.

I still enjoyed having them sitting around my room as decorations for many years though.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/13 at 6:42 am

i'm not even gonna try and front this one.... i'm 44+1 and I still sleep with the stuffed rabbit I got when I was 7.  It smells and has holes and the stuffing is coming out in spots...and I don't care he's my friend and I love him! ...  :D

What's your rabbit's name?

Written By: Howard on 01/01/13 at 6:43 am

I think I stopped playing with my stuffed animals when I was 7? 8? and when I was a teen I threw them all away (they were stored in boxes for years)

I stopped when I was in my mid teens.

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/13 at 9:48 am

What's your rabbit's name?

Mr PB

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/13 at 12:50 pm

I am a firm believer that I will NEVER outgrow stuffed animals. When we took our trip to Maine this past summer, the motel we stayed in had a stuffed bear on the bed in case we got lonely. You could take it home with you but you had to buy it. The proceeds went to a cancer center. So, the bear came home with us. It is sitting in the living room right next to the stuffed dog & cat that Gis gave me when we were in Philly 4 years ago.

In our bedroom I have my stuffed turtle Timothy that my great-grandmother gave me when I was 7 or 8 and Arf Arf & Skunky that I don't recall NOT having. All the others are packed away.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/001-4_zpse86f6ffd.jpg

Cat

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/01/13 at 4:57 pm

Playing with real kids' toys like Legos? I think it must have been around (mid/late) 1997 when I lost the interest in it. My last 'Mickey Mouse' comic magazine dates early 1998, but if I remember correctly, I was not really reading it anymore during that time (I only got some last magazines from an older subscription but it was cancelled then). I was really into Titanic stuff from late 1997/ early 1998 on, started to collect stamps on a serious level and in 1998/99 I was into vintage movies and music. So I was exactly between 11 and 12 when I stopped playing with toys.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/13 at 7:09 pm

Mr PB

PB stands for Peanut Butter?

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/13 at 7:38 pm

PB stands for Peanut Butter?

no

Written By: nally on 01/01/13 at 11:22 pm

I am a firm believer that I will NEVER outgrow stuffed animals. When we took our trip to Maine this past summer, the motel we stayed in had a stuffed bear on the bed in case we got lonely. You could take it home with you but you had to buy it. The proceeds went to a cancer center. So, the bear came home with us. It is sitting in the living room right next to the stuffed dog & cat that Gis gave me when we were in Philly 4 years ago.

In our bedroom I have my stuffed turtle Timothy that my great-grandmother gave me when I was 7 or 8 and Arf Arf & Skunky that I don't recall NOT having. All the others are packed away.

Cat

Cute toy animals :)

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/02/13 at 10:13 am

I got a stuffed moose during a summer vacation in Sweden nearly 18 years ago. It's still in my bed and I was playing with it regularly until 1997 or so...

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/02/13 at 8:49 pm

In our bedroom I have my stuffed turtle Timothy that my great-grandmother gave me when I was 7 or 8 and Arf Arf & Skunky that I don't recall NOT having.

Not sure if home-made, but defintely adorable and well-loved.

http://johngushue.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451f25369e2013480829be4970c-800wi

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/02/13 at 10:43 pm

no

What about PBJ?
???

I don't know exactly how old I was.  Early teens.  Probably a little later than most. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/13 at 11:04 am

Not sure if home-made, but defintely adorable and well-loved.

http://johngushue.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451f25369e2013480829be4970c-800wi

No, those two were not home-made but Timothy was. My great-grandmother lived in a retirement home for the last few years of her life. Many of the women made a lot of crafts which they sold in their own gift shop. My great-grandmother even took up painting in her 80s. But, one of the women made Timothy. He was sitting in their gift shop window. Since it was Sunday, the shop was closed. My great-grandmother saw how my face lit up when I saw him that she MADE them open the shop just so she could buy him for me. You think those two are well-loved, you should see Timothy. His head was sewn back on I don't know how many times-along with his feet & tail. The material that covers his back is so discolored and it coming apart. When I went to Greece in the Air Force, Timothy came with me. I really should take a photo of him to show everyone.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/15/13 at 10:02 am

So who stopped?  My toys just got bigger and more expensive, like my O'Day 25 foot sail boat and our new travel van.  You could say that our house in Puerto Rico is a toy

Written By: Tia on 01/15/13 at 4:14 pm

I was supposed to stop playing with toys? :-\\

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/15/13 at 5:15 pm

When I think about what I got for Christmas each year, there was a dramatic difference between 4th and 5th grade. In 4th grade, I was obsessed with Legos so I got a lot of Lego sets that year, as well as some other things I would consider "toys", and also video games. In 5th grade, I think just about every one of my gifts was a video game (I got GameCube that year plus some games and controllers for it, as well as some GameBoy Advance games and accessories for it). So it must have been about 5th grade.

For the record, I don't really think of video games as being age-specific (plenty of people in their 20s and 30s and even older play them religiously). However I largely lost interest in them in about 7th grade anyway when I started using the internet more.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/15/13 at 5:30 pm

So who stopped?  My toys just got bigger and more expensive, like my O'Day 25 foot sail boat and our new travel van.  You could say that our house in Puerto Rico is a toy
Good point. Couldn't a motorcycle or ATV or boat or an old hot rod or muscle car be considered a toy as well?

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/15/13 at 5:33 pm

For the record, I don't really think of video games as being age-specific (plenty of people in their 20s and 30s and even older play them religiously). However I largely lost interest in them in about 7th grade anyway when I started using the internet more.

I was gaming at my PC pretty often in the 2000s; basically during my teens and early 20s. I extremely lost interest around 2008/09ish. From one day to another it made no sense to me anymore. It was quite sad. After a longer break however I had to play Max Payne III which was released last year. The first and second part of it were games of my teenage time and the third part brought back memories  8)

Written By: warped on 01/15/13 at 8:03 pm

I stopped playing with boys when I was 15 or 16, since then I've been playing with girls. And Oh what fun it has been  :D, they are sweet, lovely, cute, sexy..I enjoyed going on dates throughout the 80s decade and had loads of fun, stuff I can't talk about here coz it might be too embarassing for some...but wait.... I do remember this girl, we went on a date once, she got so drunk that we  (pauses...rereads heading of category....stops....gulps....)

Oh, it's playing with TOYS...not BOYS.... (face turns red).

I gave TMI....
ummm..
:-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/16/13 at 7:16 am

I was supposed to stop playing with toys? :-\\

As you grow older.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/13 at 7:17 am

When did you stop playing with girl's toys?  :D

;)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/16/13 at 10:02 pm

There's three cabbage patch kids dolls lying in my bed looking at me right now.  ::)

April, Audrey and Vanita.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/13 at 7:38 am

There's three cabbage patch kids dolls lying in my bed looking at me right now.  ::)

April, Audrey and Vanita.

What are they saying?  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/17/13 at 5:08 pm

What are they saying?  ;D

That they want Happy Meals from McDonald's.

Kidding!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Katluver on 01/23/13 at 10:40 pm

I still like playing with toys.

Written By: nally on 01/23/13 at 10:56 pm

Kidding!  ;D ;D ;D

When I was 8, 9, and 10 years old I often had those...particularly for the toy that was inside. ;D I still have some of those toys saved, in a box.

Written By: valleyroads on 01/23/13 at 11:21 pm

About 11 when I stopped playing with my Legos, Lincoln Logs, K'nex and GI Joes, I stopped playing with toy cars around the same time, switching gears to customizing/restoring them and collecting nice ones.

I'm 26 now, and anymore all I play with are my electronic gadgets, my camera and toy car customizing.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/13 at 7:24 am

I still like playing with toys.

me too, once in a while.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/13 at 7:25 am

About 11 when I stopped playing with my Legos, Lincoln Logs, K'nex and GI Joes, I stopped playing with toy cars around the same time, switching gears to customizing/restoring them and collecting nice ones.

I'm 26 now, and anymore all I play with are my electronic gadgets, my camera and toy car customizing.

Do you play video games?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/24/13 at 9:30 am

Kidding!  ;D ;D ;D

My OLDER sister collects McDonald's toys and she displayed all them in her bedroom. She must have THOUSANDS of them. When my niece (her daughter) started dating an old boyfriend and was bringing him home for the first time, my sister said, "Should I say to him, 'You want to come into my bedroom and see my toys?'"  My niece looked at her with daggers in her eyes and said, "DON'T YOU DARE!!!!"  We laughed at it.  ;D ;D ;D But, I am glad that she didn't embarrass my niece.

Cat

Written By: valleyroads on 01/24/13 at 2:58 pm

Do you play video games?

Rarely if ever, unless you count an older version of Bejeweled.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/13 at 3:03 pm

I guess I was in my mid-teens till I outgrew my toys.

Written By: Starde on 01/24/13 at 8:35 pm

I LOVED Barbies when I was a kid. I think I had enough to fill at least 2 large tupperware bins. :o I stopped playing with them when I was 10/11.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/13 at 6:56 am

I LOVED Barbies when I was a kid. I think I had enough to fill at least 2 large tupperware bins. :o I stopped playing with them when I was 10/11.

What Barbies did you have?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/17/16 at 2:56 am

Probably 2008, when I was 9 years old.

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/17/16 at 8:00 am

I was 12 for sure when I gave up children's toys. In high school though I do recall odd times me and a friend would bust out the play dough just to make a mess. The toys I have now would be digital, and I'll never be too old for video games and creativity. I still think plushies and stuffed animals are cute and would get one if I really had a hankering to have it on display in my room or by the computer.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/17/16 at 11:56 am

At 10/11. So 2006.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/17/16 at 2:41 pm

I wasn't a big fan of toys. Hell, I played them more when I was a toddler. Although, I loved playing with my Magna Doodle when I was 5 and 6. The last time that I enjoyed playing with toys was when I was about 9 or 10.

Written By: Howard on 10/17/16 at 2:51 pm

I was in my early teens.

Written By: nally on 10/17/16 at 2:57 pm

I was in my early teens.

By that time in my life, part of me had some desire to still play with 'em, but I had to call it quits around then.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/17/16 at 3:11 pm

Around 7 or 8. After that I was mainly into watching cartoons, reading comics, and playing video games.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/17/16 at 3:20 pm

I don't remember playing with toys anymore once I turned 9. I remember throughout age 8 being the last time I was hooked into hot wheels cars and lego toys on a regular basis. Age 6-8 was really my prime years playing with toys. Although, I was still into kids television when I was 9 & 10 though.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/17/16 at 3:26 pm

I don't remember playing with toys anymore once I turned 9. I remember throughout age 8 being the last time I was hooked into hot wheels cars and lego toys on a regular basis. Age 6-8 was really my prime years playing with toys. Although, I was still into kids television when I was 9 & 10 though.

I was more into kids television and video games when I was 8 and 9, as well. I never really grew fond of my toys after I was about 7, since one of the main reasons I used my Magna Doodle was to draw stuff that I liked from TV. After I discovered YouTube in the summer of 2007, I was more into watching videos than drawing since. Although, watching YouTube videos don't seem to be as enjoying as they were in the late 2000s/early 2010s for me.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/17/16 at 3:42 pm

I was more into kids television and video games when I was 8 and 9, as well. I never really grew fond of my toys after I was about 7, since one of the main reasons I used my Magna Doodle was to draw stuff that I liked from TV. After I discovered YouTube in the summer of 2007, I was more into watching videos than drawing since. Although, watching YouTube videos don't seem to be as enjoying as they were in the late 2000s/early 2010s for me.

I was into video games from age 7-18 (so far), the only difference is that from age 7-14 I was more into Nintendo products and a little XBOX but from age 15-18 I was only into my XBOX 360. Since college started I haven't been into video games at all because I've never had the time, and the video game industry has become a little staler too. IDK, I might jump on the bandwagon again once the XBOX Scorpio comes out, or maybe a Playstation VR along with a PS4 Pro.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/17/16 at 3:54 pm

I was into video games from age 7-18 (so far), the only difference is that from age 7-14 I was more into Nintendo products and a little XBOX but from age 15-18 I was only into my XBOX 360. Since college started I haven't been into video games at all because I've never had the time, and the video game industry has become a little staler too. IDK, I might jump on the bandwagon again once the XBOX Scorpio comes out, or maybe a Playstation VR along with a PS4 Pro.

The last time I actually liked playing modern video games was in 8th grade to me. The last modern game was Super Mario 3D Land, which was alright with its gameplay.

Written By: Howard on 10/17/16 at 3:58 pm

By that time in my life, part of me had some desire to still play with 'em, but I had to call it quits around then.

I got too old for them.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 10/17/16 at 6:18 pm

I stopped playing with normal toys when I was 8 or 9, I stopped collecting Legos when I was 16 (didn't play with them though), although I started playing video games a lot when I was 4 (first game I played was when I was 2 though, it was either A Bug's Life or Sarge's Army Men on the PS1 according to my dad) and I still play video games daily for hours. I don't know if that counts as a toy though, video games appeal to a large demographic now.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/17/16 at 6:20 pm

I stopped playing with normal toys when I was 8 or 9, I stopped collecting Legos when I was 16 (didn't play with them though), although I started playing video games a lot when I was 4 (first game I played was when I was 2 though, it was either A Bug's Life or Sarge's Army Men on the PS1 according to my dad) and I still play video games daily for hours. I don't know if that counts as a toy though, video games appeal to a large demographic now.

To most people, video games do count as toys. They aren't used for business purposes as computers are, since nearly all of the games that are programmed for any video game console is supposed to be fun.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 10/17/16 at 6:27 pm

To most people, video games do count as toys. They aren't used for business purposes as computers are, since nearly all of the games that are programmed for any video game console is supposed to be fun.

It being a toy implies it being for children though, and I think we can all agree there are a lot of video games that aren't appropriate for children. My little cousin saw gameplay of Fallout 4 (which he wasn't supposed to see or play) and has nightmares about feral ghouls now.

Written By: bchris02 on 10/17/16 at 6:33 pm

Aside from video games, the end of the toy era of my childhood was probably around the time I turned 12.  I remember when I turned 13 I thought I was too old and too mature for toys.

Video games are technically toys, but I hardly consider them that because their age of appeal is much wider.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/17/16 at 6:38 pm

It being a toy implies it being for children though, and I think we can all agree there are a lot of video games that aren't appropriate for children. My little cousin saw gameplay of Fallout 4 (which he wasn't supposed to see or play) and has nightmares about feral ghouls now.

Well, most video games that are made by Nintendo, Sega, etc. are supposed to be like toys for kids. The ones rated Teen and M are more like entertainment for teens and adults.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 10/17/16 at 6:54 pm

Well, most video games that are made by Nintendo, Sega, etc. are supposed to be like toys for kids. The ones rated Teen and M are more like entertainment for teens and adults.

Yeah, I agree with that, things like Lego video games are basically toys for kids.

Aside from video games, the end of the toy era of my childhood was probably around the time I turned 12.  I remember when I turned 13 I thought I was too old and too mature for toys.

Video games are technically toys, but I hardly consider them that because their age appeal is much wider.

I don't know if I'd classify all games as toys since toy means an object for a child to play with, games like The Witcher 3 aren't for kids to play with, lol.

Think of it this way, you can play music for entertainment and kids also can play music for entertainment, but not all instruments are meant 'for' kids to play with, I played with a xylophone and Lego video games as a kid, now I play piano and video games like Elder Scrolls. I may have given a bad point, but hopefully you understand where I'm trying to get with this.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/17/16 at 10:21 pm

It's hard for me to call Microsoft XBOX or Sony Playstation products toys, unless you consider those as toys for "adults". I mean, to be honest, an American Ninja Warrior styled course, Sky Zone, Sky Hike (Stone Mountain, GA), or heck even your local fitness gym, could all be considered as playgrounds for adults in many ways.

Written By: nally on 10/17/16 at 10:45 pm

I got too old for them.

so did I. However, periodically I like to take them out and use them again, just to bring back memories. But this is only for a short period of time. I put 'em back when finished.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/17/16 at 11:21 pm

I still play with this thing right here all the time.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3822/13261651843_f1ce1deda4_b.jpg

Written By: Howard on 10/18/16 at 2:51 pm

I never stopped playing with video games.

Written By: Catherine91UK on 11/13/16 at 2:28 pm

I was still playing with some electronic dogs when I was 11, but by then it had been a couple of years since I'd played with any other toys (except maybe Lego) I think.

Written By: 2001 on 11/13/16 at 2:48 pm

I think I was buying WWE action figures when I was 12/13 in 2005/2006, so around then.

Written By: Howard on 11/13/16 at 3:07 pm

I think I was buying WWE action figures when I was 12/13 in 2005/2006, so around then.

I remember back in the 90's when wrestling was red hot I collected action figures but then as I grew up I just lost interest in wrestling so I stopped collecting.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/13/16 at 3:23 pm

Adult toys don't count?

Written By: 2001 on 11/13/16 at 3:27 pm

Adult toys don't count?

Delete this thread.

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/d/delete.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 11/13/16 at 3:29 pm

Delete this thread.

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/d/delete.jpg

Oops! Your finger slipped.

Written By: nally on 11/13/16 at 6:29 pm

I was still playing with some electronic dogs when I was 11, but by then it had been a couple of years since I'd played with any other toys (except maybe Lego) I think.

I continued to play with Lego toys (just the basic set(s)) until I was 13. I still have them. Part of me has contemplated getting them out and putting them together again (even for just one day... particularly when I have the house to myself for several days) but lately I haven't had the time or interest in doing so.

Written By: Starlighter on 11/15/16 at 7:31 pm

I think I was 11 or 12 when I stopped playing with toys.  I still play video games once in awhile though so maybe I never really stopped if those are considered toys.  I consider them to be technological entertainment, not toys  ;D (nah, I don't care what they're called, just being silly).

Written By: Knew Wave on 11/15/16 at 11:45 pm

Oops! Your finger slipped.

Naughty! I stopped around sixth grade, but Hot Wheels were a hard habit to break. I still buy them now and then. I kept my collection, so I actually still have some of my toys.

Written By: Howard on 11/16/16 at 3:30 pm

I think I was 11 or 12 when I stopped playing with toys.  I still play video games once in awhile though so maybe I never really stopped if those are considered toys.  I consider them to be technological entertainment, not toys  ;D (nah, I don't care what they're called, just being silly).

I still play video games and I'm almost 43.

Written By: annimal on 11/16/16 at 4:18 pm

I still play in the arcade here

Written By: Looney Toon on 11/17/16 at 10:07 am

I stopped playing with toys by age 6. After that I mainly played video games.

Check for new replies or respond here...