inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was your favorite subject in school?

Written By: warped on 01/03/13 at 5:44 pm

What was your favorite subject in school? I'm talking High-school, or junior high, or elementary school.
What subjects did you excel in? What subjects did you just hate?

I liked Math, Science, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, History and Music. Math was #1. I always did well in it.

I despised English & French. They were also my 2 worst subjects. I hated spelling (still do), I hated grammar (still do) and I could never write an essay.

Subject: Re: What was your favorite subject in school?

Written By: Dagwood on 01/03/13 at 5:48 pm

History. 

Math and science were probably my least favorite.

Written By: nally on 01/03/13 at 5:50 pm

Math was my best. I was also exceptionally great at spelling.

History might've been my worst, because I had a hard time understanding it for the most part... and any class that involved lots of writing assignments might have also been troublesome for me (particularly in college). And certain sciences also confused me.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/13 at 5:54 pm

In 10th grade, my favorite subject was Art. A friend of mine called him Artie and his mother called him Arthur. But to me, he was my high school sweetheart and I always just called Art.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

I enjoyed high school French even though I was lousy at it. But, I liked the teacher and had a great time. I was even part of the French Club.

I was good at math but hated it.

My best subject (and what I went on to major in in college) was history.

Cat

Written By: warped on 01/03/13 at 6:14 pm

In 10th grade, my favorite subject was Art. A friend of mine called him Artie and his mother called him Arthur. But to me, he was my high school sweetheart and I always just called Art.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

They used to call me "Mr. Math".  I wasn't the typical "math nerd" though, coz I had a bizarre sense of humor and partied hard ( in high school)

Written By: wildcard on 01/03/13 at 6:52 pm

everything was so hard for me in school that I don't think I liked anything and with the brain tumor, all the kids thought there was something wrong with me.  Math is the worst, forget anything beyond adding, subtracting, multiplying, and deviding.  I hated homework because I never had enough time to finish it.  I enjoyed JC the most as far as school, no homework and no extra crud ( this is what is going to be on your test).  Could only pass below college level classes.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/13 at 6:50 am

I liked Math.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/13 at 11:15 am

I had (actually I still have it) a learning disability that was never addressed. I have problems reading-not reading comprehension but pronunciation and such. Even when I am NOT reading, I still have problems pronouncing which is why I have always been lousy at languages. I HATED reading aloud in school. I remember being a reading group and we were doing the round robin. I HATED when it was my turn. I knew I was lousy at reading and that made me more self-conscience which made me read even worse. I wish I had a teacher who would have pulled me aside and help me to over-come that issue. As much as I was into theatre in my younger days, I never got any of the good parts because for try-outs they always make you read. I did so much better if I could memorize the lines (which I was really good at) and do the scene that way. 

I have gotten better but still struggle with it. I read aloud to Carlos all the time just for practice. He is so patient and understanding when I hit a word that I just can't seem to get out. I know what the word means but my tongue seems to get in the way.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 01/04/13 at 5:41 pm

I hated doing book reports in school.  I never remembered what I read, we some, but not enough to write the book report however long they wanted me to write it.

Written By: nally on 01/04/13 at 5:47 pm

I hated doing book reports in school.  I never remembered what I read, we some, but not enough to write the book report however long they wanted me to write it.

It wasn't my favorite thing to do either, but I did the best I could. I would often have a hard time understanding certain books, hence my struggles with writing a report on one.

Written By: warped on 01/04/13 at 5:55 pm

It wasn't my favorite thing to do either, but I did the best I could. I would often have a hard time understanding certain books, hence my struggles with writing a report on one.

Same for me, I hated book reports. Most because I had a hard time with concept of english grammar and spelling. Back then our book reports were typed (typewriter) or written (hand writing)

I wish this inthe00s site had a spell check. I'd be helped by it!

Written By: wildcard on 01/04/13 at 6:00 pm

we use to have a spell check.  Every once in a while I cant spell.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/13 at 6:12 pm

Same for me, I hated book reports. Most because I had a hard time with concept of english grammar and spelling. Back then our book reports were typed (typewriter) or written (hand writing)

I wish this inthe00s site had a spell check. I'd be helped by it!

Your browser should have a spell check. I use Firefox and there is a built in spell check. If it didn't, many people probably wouldn't know what I was trying to say.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: warped on 01/04/13 at 6:26 pm

Your browser should have a spell check. I use Firefox and there is a built in spell check. If it didn't, many people probably wouldn't know what I was trying to say.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Sometimes I will type a response on Word and do the spell check there before posting.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/04/13 at 6:39 pm

My all-time favorite: Geography
As a German, I also really liked English.

In 5th and 6th grade I loved physics but I hated it in high school from grade 9 on.

During my whole school life I hated maths; especially from grade 7 on. Chemistry was also awful and in higher grades I disliked Biology.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/13 at 7:31 pm

I hated doing book reports too but I believe I still have mine.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/13 at 7:33 pm

Spanish, but I didn't do so well in class.

Written By: nally on 01/04/13 at 7:40 pm

Spanish, but I didn't do so well in class.

I took four years of high school Spanish and enjoyed it for the most part. In the final year I started to struggle a bit, but passed with a decent grade. :)

Written By: warped on 01/04/13 at 7:41 pm

My all-time favorite: Geography

I liked geography very much.  Looking back I almost decided to get into Geographic information systems or Remote Sensing in University. I stayed with Math instead.

Written By: wildcard on 01/04/13 at 10:42 pm

I enjoyed the Psychology 51 class I took at JC. I loved when I worked in their greenhouse. 

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/05/13 at 3:15 pm

My favorites were science (esp. Chemistry) and math.

Here's the fascinating part - my first year of high school was spent at a low ranked public school, and I had a horrible math teacher.  Here's how horrible: after his class I was convinced I never wanted to take math ever again.

I transferred to a parochial school beginning with my sophomore year.  I swore I wouldn't take math but my mother twisted my arm hard - I lost that fight.  Thanks Mom.  As bad as the previous math teacher I had was, that's how good my new math teacher was.  I never looked back.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/05/13 at 7:17 pm

Art class and my sketching!

Written By: Howard on 01/05/13 at 7:36 pm

Lunch.  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/05/13 at 8:30 pm

History and Social Studies (what they used to call Civics)

Written By: NostalgicWanderer92 on 01/07/13 at 12:17 am

I like English and History! I hated Math especially Algebra and Trig! I love Art! :) Sketch books and realms of fantasy.

Written By: Inertia on 01/07/13 at 5:19 am

I enjoyed English, Art, and History classes in high school.

I hated any form of Mathematics and Chemistry. ;\

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/07/13 at 11:12 am

I always liked history, and of course made it my career.  Also enjoyed "civics" which was mostly history, and English.  Math was a bust for me

Written By: warped on 01/07/13 at 11:32 am

I always liked history, and of course made it my career.  Also enjoyed "civics" which was mostly history, and English.  Math was a bust for me

What (specific) course(s) did you teach in college?

Written By: Zeb on 04/26/13 at 10:14 pm

History and Social Studies (what they used to call Civics)

Yeah I was really good with those and doing book reports on great classic novels as well.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 04/26/13 at 10:33 pm

Favorites were Art and Geography.  Least favorites were Health & Fitness and Math. 

Written By: Howard on 04/27/13 at 6:38 am

Art
Spanish
Lunch  :D

Written By: wildcard on 04/27/13 at 10:48 am

recess

Check for new replies or respond here...