inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Was anyone here a "Straight A" student in school?

Written By: warped on 03/14/13 at 1:19 pm

Hey, were any one of you ever a  "Straight A" student in school?
Could be elementary, junior high, high school, or college.

Anyone here receive any awards? Scholarships?

Subject: Re: Was anyone here a "Straight A" student in school?

Written By: captainEO on 03/14/13 at 1:57 pm

No, but I skipped a grade in elementary/junior high

I dropped out of college

Written By: Henk on 03/14/13 at 2:04 pm

None of the above.

Although I was tested with a pretty high IQ, I struggled to pass my exams - even needed some re-examinations. For some reason I have always found it difficult to study. :-\\

Written By: amjikloviet on 03/14/13 at 2:41 pm

I was a straight A student until I got to High school and I began to get B's and C's in my grades. I received awards all through Elementary School and Jr. High School. High school was very hard for some reason. But I did graduate with honors though, thankfully. Then I attended Beauty/Cosmetology school where I received various awards and certificates. So yeah, I did well in school. After Jr High school it wasn't all straight A's, but I did well anyway.

Written By: snozberries on 03/14/13 at 3:11 pm

No. As a matter of fact I nearly failed out of high school.  But I had a high aptitude for topics I was interested in.

In English class I got all A's even tho I never read the books
I was an a student in my film studies classes (except for silent film....I failed it it was working two jobs.  Some clever bs got me to talk my way from an F to a C because I was an A student  ;)  )

When I got my AA in Criminal Justice I had all As in those courses.

Written By: warped on 03/14/13 at 3:39 pm

I was pretty much an A student in elementary school. In Junior High I wasn't anymore because of my marks in French and especially English. Other than those 2 subjects, my other grades were A's.  Despite the poor English grades, I skipped a year because of my grades in Math & Sciences.

In high school that trend continued, English & French grades were in the 60s or 70s, the rest were around the 80s or above.  I almost failed English in my last year of high school.
I've always despised English & French grammar. Because I learned both languages at the same time, I got confused between English & French sometimes.  :-\\

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/14/13 at 3:58 pm

I wasn't. The closest I was to being a straight-"a" student was my sophomore year, where I made mostly As and some Bs. Still, I did exceptionally well on my standardized tests, and I graduated in the top 26(ish)% of my graduating class.

Written By: whistledog on 03/14/13 at 4:37 pm

Was I a straight A student?  No.  Was I even close?  Um no.

Just how bad was it?  I took a math course in college and I failed with a flying F.  When I got the F, I went to my professors office, put on fake tears and made up some sob story about how I came from a broken home.  Yeah, he bumped me up to a D

:D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/14/13 at 10:40 pm

Was I a straight A student?  No.  Was I even close?  Um no.

Just how bad was it?  I took a math course in college and I failed with a flying F.  When I got the F, I went to my professors office, put on fake tears and made up some sob story about how I came from a broken home.  Yeah, he bumped me up to a D

Same here with the math course in college.  I flunked college algebra.  Then they dumbed down the Tier II exemption test so much even I passed it, and graduated without passing a single math course!
8)

Written By: gibbo on 03/15/13 at 12:33 am

I could barely spell A... ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/15/13 at 5:55 am

I was never a "Straight A" student in High School but I was on The Honor Roll in 1989.

Written By: Inertia on 03/15/13 at 6:01 am

I made a variety of A's and B's along with a few C's in general education classes not related to my major.

I graduated Cum Laude from college.

Written By: warped on 03/15/13 at 6:28 am

I could barely spell A... ;)

That's because you live in ustrli.    ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/13 at 9:52 am

I was on the Dean's List a few semesters in college. Didn't graduate Cum Laude or anything-but I did graduate "With Honors."

Cat

Written By: meesa on 03/15/13 at 12:03 pm

I should have been in high school, but I was a difficult student.

My GPA was much better in college. I think it was because I was taking courses that I wanted to take, and it was far more interesting/challenging.  :)

Written By: loki 13 on 03/15/13 at 5:53 pm

Yes! On the final grade I was straight A's throughout school. In High School, four years honor roll and
the National Honor Society, a lot of good that does. I was offered a partial scholarship for academics
to attend Trenton State University, now the College of New Jersey or something like that, for Mecahnical
engineering. I turned it down, went to work, had a kid and got married all before I was 20. I would like to
have a engineering degree but I wouldn't change anything.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/13 at 7:24 pm

Never went to college cause I had problems in High School so they put me in half Special Ed/Mainstream classes and I faired well in both.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/15/13 at 9:05 pm

I was on the Dean's List a few semesters in college. Didn't graduate Cum Laude or anything-but I did graduate "With Honors."

Cat

i made the dean's list a couple of times...and the dean's sh*t list a couple of times too!

Written By: Emman on 03/15/13 at 11:53 pm

I was an absolutely terrible student(especially in high school), I didn't even get my high school diploma and dropped out in 11th grade(after failing 9th grade).

Written By: Howard on 03/16/13 at 5:48 am

i made the dean's list a couple of times...and the dean's sh*t list a couple of times too!

What did you do?  ???

Written By: Howard on 03/16/13 at 5:48 am

I was an absolutely terrible student(especially in high school), I didn't even get my high school diploma and dropped out in 11th grade(after failing 9th grade).

Did you have to take the grade over?

Written By: Zeb on 04/26/13 at 10:05 pm

It wasn't really until junior high when it started to click.  I got As and B+s when it came to Social Studies and English.  Math and Science I hovered around the B and C+ range.  The only C+ I got was in Geometry my junior year.  In college my first year of undergrad was terrible..I got a D in one class and a C in another. I went back sophomore year and I hit my stride 

Written By: Tashlovglit on 04/26/13 at 10:34 pm

No I mostly had C's and D's  :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/26/13 at 11:32 pm

What did you do?  ???

Well, I mean, yes, if A is for asshole!
8)

Written By: danootaandme on 04/27/13 at 3:26 am

A's in elementary, all over the board in high school, it usually depended on the teacher or my interest in the subject, just barely made graduation. Deans list in the two years of college, but was bored and hated it. I wouldn't mind going back to take a class or two.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/13 at 6:34 am

I wasn't a straight A student. :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/29/13 at 11:01 pm

I had good grades through high school, though not straight A's.  Then I went to college and the bottom fell out.  I did manage to pull things together by the time I finished college but it was a definite struggle getting through.

Written By: warped on 04/30/13 at 7:02 am

I had good grades through high school, though not straight A's.  Then I went to college and the bottom fell out.  I did manage to pull things together by the time I finished college but it was a definite struggle getting through.

When I got to college I tried doing the same thing I did in my last year of high school, do  homework for 15 to 30 minutes a day. It worked in high school, it got me an 80% average (other than English).  But then the result from my first few tests in college weren't amazing. So I had to work hard. College was a struggle, yeah.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/30/13 at 12:57 pm

In grade school and Junior High I was the 'perfect' student. By Freshmen year I started getting Bs and Cs, and sometimes even Ds!

Check for new replies or respond here...