inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Classic shades in terms of fashion. Discuss.

Written By: Katluver on 04/18/13 at 7:35 pm

Based on what I think are timeless colors, here is my list:
-beige
-black
-blue (most hues)
-brown
-burgundy
-cream
-eggplant (a deep purple)
-gold (jewelry and night wear only)
-grey
-ivory
-maroon
-olive green
-pink (for little girls)
-silver (same rule as gold)
-red
-white

Red and sky blue are my signature colors along with a couple of not-so-timeless shades: fuschia and turquoise blue. For jewelry, I also like to wear amethysts (purple stones) since it's my birthstone.

Subject: Re: Classic shades in terms of fashion. Discuss.

Written By: amjikloviet on 04/18/13 at 8:49 pm

Along with the ones you listed, some other timeless fashion colors are:

-Black
-Red
-Plain pink
-Pearl
-Antique white
-Forest green
-Magenta(one of my favorites)

Written By: Katluver on 04/18/13 at 9:48 pm

Along with the ones you listed, some other timeless fashion colors are:

-Black
-Red
-Plain pink
-Pearl
-Antique white
-Forest green
-Magenta(one of my favorites)

Plain pink: Perhaps. I'm just not a huge fan of pink other than fuschia or magenta. Also didn't seem too popular back in the 90s.

Magenta: Hmm...not sure if that one stands the test of time, but if it's  your signature color, than by all means wear it! (wear the colors that make you unique!) I do love this color myself.

Forest green: Agree that it's another color that is suited for every era.  :)

Written By: Katluver on 04/18/13 at 9:49 pm

Also another elegant shade: champagne  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/19/13 at 11:59 am

9 times out of 10, these are the shades that I wear (not to mention shades in our house).

-Black
-Burgundy
-Blue (many shades)
-Red
-White

There are other colors but these are the main ones.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/19/13 at 3:44 pm

Red
White
Blue

Written By: Katluver on 04/19/13 at 6:48 pm

Red
White
Blue

Nice colors.
I'll admit that it's even one of my favorite color combinations except I never wear them together because I'm afraid of looking like a flag.  :D And same thing with just red and white.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/13 at 3:18 pm

Nice colors.
I'll admit that it's even one of my favorite color combinations except I never wear them together because I'm afraid of looking like a flag.  :D And same thing with just red and white.

;D I did that on purpose.

Written By: meesa on 04/20/13 at 3:49 pm

I don't know about classic, admittedly I am not a follower of fashion or trends, but I have always favored earthy-autumn tones. Soft oranges, deep reds, dark greens, muted golds, and browns. I tend to stay away from super bright or pale pastels, and most blues just because it does not suit my coloring or my personality.
My home is decorated in tan, taupe, and cream for the most part so that anything that does have color really stands out. Pink, most blues, light yellows, pale greens-they usually don't appeal to me. I suppose the only time I am "fashionable" is when my earthy autumn tones come back round as a trend.  :)

Written By: Inertia on 04/20/13 at 4:03 pm

My personal list:

1. Black
2. Blue
3. Red
4. White
5. Gray
6. Green (Muted shades such as this or this which aren't over-the-top garish green.)
7. Cream or other variant shades such as beige or champange
8. Peach
9. Brown
10. Purple

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/20/13 at 9:03 pm

Classic shades?  Tom Cruise Ray-Ban!

http://www.sunglassesid.com/sites/default/files/upload/sighting/Ray-Ban-Wayfarer-Tom-Cruise-2-big.jpg

Written By: Howard on 04/21/13 at 7:34 am

http://blog.flyrr.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/aviator-sun.jpg

my favorite: aviators.  :)

Written By: Katluver on 04/21/13 at 3:25 pm

Classic shades?  Tom Cruise Ray-Ban!

http://www.sunglassesid.com/sites/default/files/upload/sighting/Ray-Ban-Wayfarer-Tom-Cruise-2-big.jpg

Thanks for the pic, Maxwell! He does look good in those shades, and I liked his WTF attitude.  8)
I miss the old Tom.

Written By: Katluver on 04/21/13 at 3:38 pm

I don't know about classic, admittedly I am not a follower of fashion or trends, but I have always favored earthy-autumn tones.

That's actually a very sensible approach. I am now trying to stick to just classics or at least nothing too trendy. When I was younger, I had the habit of buying the latest fashions including the cuts and colors. It was hurting my wallet plus many of those "hot" items are just downright tacky!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/13 at 1:04 pm

That's actually a very sensible approach. I am now trying to stick to just classics or at least nothing too trendy. When I was younger, I had the habit of buying the latest fashions including the cuts and colors. It was hurting my wallet plus many of those "hot" items are just downright tacky!

I buy what I like and could care less about the latest fashion. But, I think my taste is more classic-which never really goes out of style. My casual look is basically blue jeans & a tee shirt. How classic is that? Even though I do have some prints, I usually go with solid colors.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...