inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are you a morning, afternoon, evening or night person?

Written By: warped on 05/05/13 at 12:42 pm

Some people are better in the mornings, some in the evenings, some are night owls.

What kind of person are you?

Myself, I'm definitely a morning person. I think better in the mornings. I usually don't do well in the evenings. 

Subject: Re: Are you a morning, afternoon, evening or night person?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/05/13 at 1:13 pm

I am more an afternoon/evening person. I can even be a bit of a night person. I don't do mornings.

Cat

Written By: warped on 05/05/13 at 2:56 pm

I am more an afternoon/evening person. I can even be a bit of a night person. I don't do mornings.

Cat

My wife is just like that. If I try and talk to her about anything before 9 or 10am, I'm risking severe injury.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/05/13 at 3:09 pm

My wife is just like that. If I try and talk to her about anything before 9 or 10am, I'm risking severe injury.

I don't get out of bed until 9 and then the next hour or so it is spent reading the paper & drinking my first cup of tea.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 05/05/13 at 4:15 pm

I am a morning person, mostly because I work a very early shift so I am always up regardless.

This guy is a morning and night person ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzlxP-9_GJA

:D

Written By: Howard on 05/05/13 at 4:58 pm

I am up every single day between 5 and 6am including my days off, I need to because I get very antsy because the computer is next door and I got to check my email, messages and whatnot's, but I'm more of a night person because I have the energy.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/05/13 at 5:35 pm

Definitely morning.  Up and out before the world wakes up, best part of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTGTOHeegDo

Written By: warped on 05/05/13 at 5:35 pm

I am up every single day between 5 and 6am including my days off, I need to because I get very antsy because the computer is next door and I got to check my email, messages and whatnot's, but I'm more of a night person because I have the energy.

So, if you don't check your email/messages in the morning, you get antsy? That's not healthy.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/13 at 6:12 pm

So, if you don't check your email/messages in the morning, you get antsy? That's not healthy.

No it doesn't bother me it's just that the computer is there.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/05/13 at 10:09 pm

I'm a Night Owl!

Written By: meesa on 05/06/13 at 2:48 pm

I am forced due to my job to be a morning person, but I am an evening/night owl by nature.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/13 at 4:41 pm

depends....for work?? total morning person! I hate being stuck in here on graveyards... or after 5pm

in real life tho I'm a total night owl... I always stay up until midnite or 1 on a workday and until 3 or 5am on a day off....

If I were retired (or won the lotto  ;) ) I'd probably wake up everyday at 10 or 11 am and go to bed at 2 or 3 am  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/06/13 at 7:50 pm

I don't mind the morning shift but it's just that I'm not quite fully awake yet, that's why I like the afternoon shift, I'm more alert.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/06/13 at 9:37 pm

I used to be a night owl.  I would stay up until 4 or 5 in the morning.  Every once in a while I can stay up later, usually around 2, but usually I get tired around 11 PM now.  I get up by 9 AM, even on my days off I don't feel like sleeping in.  So I guess I would consider myself a morning person now but still a night owl at heart  ;) 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/13 at 11:14 pm

Ben Franklin said:

Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. 

Screw that.

I'm a night owl.

I find the dark very soothing.  It's quieter.  All the a-holes who make life miserable during the day are getting their a-hole sleep, so I don't have to deal with them.  All that has to be opened is a place for coffee and late night snacks!
8)

Written By: Howard on 05/07/13 at 6:54 am

I used to be a night owl.  I would stay up until 4 or 5 in the morning.  Every once in a while I can stay up later, usually around 2, but usually I get tired around 11 PM now.  I get up by 9 AM, even on my days off I don't feel like sleeping in.  So I guess I would consider myself a morning person now but still a night owl at heart  ;)

the problem is I've had for years I used to sleep in but now I need to get up between 5 and 6am to turn on the computer next door, I get so antsy cause the computer is right there.

Written By: warped on 05/07/13 at 7:03 am

the problem is I've had for years I used to sleep in but now I need to get up between 5 and 6am to turn on the computer next door, I get so antsy cause the computer is right there.

This is the 2nd time you mentioned "getting antsy" in this thread, something to do with the computer next door.

What exactly is making you antsy?

Written By: Howard on 05/07/13 at 7:27 am

This is the 2nd time you mentioned "getting antsy" in this thread, something to do with the computer next door.

What exactly is making you antsy?

not being able to sleep longer like I used to in the past.

Written By: warped on 05/07/13 at 7:33 am

not being able to sleep longer like I used to in the past.

Because the computer is there?  ??? Does the computer bother you (Sorry Howard, guess I am trying to understand, but so far I am not understanding I must be missing something?)

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/13 at 12:33 pm

I think because of his OCD he has a need to check in online daily....and within a specific time frame. I think he gets antsy when it nears the time he has to log on....i think the computer is like a drug for him.... maybe  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 05/07/13 at 7:20 pm

Because the computer is there?  ??? Does the computer bother you (Sorry Howard, guess I am trying to understand, but so far I am not understanding I must be missing something?)

No I just feel the need to turn on the computer, check email, read news articles and listen to music but unfortunately, it's been keeping me in the house on my days off.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/13 at 7:23 pm

I think because of his OCD he has a need to check in online daily....and within a specific time frame. I think he gets antsy when it nears the time he has to log on....i think the computer is like a drug for him.... maybe  :-\\

I guess you could say that Q, thanks for clarifying it. It's just the OCD in me. If I didn't have a computer then I would probably sleep longer in the mornings on my days off.

Written By: warped on 05/08/13 at 6:16 am

I guess you could say that Q, thanks for clarifying it. It's just the OCD in me. If I didn't have a computer then I would probably sleep longer in the mornings on my days off.

OK, thanks both of you for the explanation. Now I understand.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 05/08/13 at 6:24 am

I am either a 10 am-person or an 8 pm-12am-person. These are my most powerful times of the day.

Written By: Howard on 05/08/13 at 7:20 am

OK, thanks both of you for the explanation. Now I understand.

It's just one of my "wants" in the morning.

Written By: ninny on 05/09/13 at 7:10 am

Morning person by default because my husband sometimes wakes up around 4 or 4:30am even though he don't start work until 8. So i get all my stuff done before others are even awake. By 9:30 -10 at night I'm ready for bed.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/13 at 7:16 am

Morning person by default because my husband sometimes wakes up around 4 or 4:30am even though he don't start work until 8. So i get all my stuff done before others are even awake. By 9:30 -10 at night I'm ready for bed.

so how much sleep do you get? ???

Written By: ninny on 05/10/13 at 9:43 am

so how much sleep do you get? ???

Anywhere from 5-7 hours.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/13 at 8:07 pm

Anywhere from 5-7 hours.

I get about 6.

Check for new replies or respond here...