inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did anyone else read The Bobbsey Twins books?

Written By: ninny on 05/25/13 at 2:49 pm

I can remember growing up my sister and I use to love these books (these and Nancy Drew) Does anyone else remember Bert and Nan, Freddie and Flossie, Snoop and Snap the pets?

Subject: Re: Did anyone else read The Bobbsey Twins books?

Written By: warped on 05/25/13 at 3:07 pm

I mostly read Hardy Boys books, but I read some Nancy Drew (dare I admit that?  ;D) and I did read some Bobbsey Twins as well, maybe just one or two of their books.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/26/13 at 11:29 am

We had ALL of those: The Bobbsey Twins, The Hardy Boys, & Nancy Drew. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have the complete collection of all of them. As for reading them-I didn't because they were above my reading level at the time and by the time I could read them-they were given away/sold. Today, they would be worth quite a bit.

I had a great deal going with my childhood's best friend's brother. He liked the Hardy Boys so I would bring him a book, and he would pay me a dime. (Big bucks in those days to a 7 year old). When he was done with the book, he would give it back to me, I would get him another one and he would pay me another dime. The thing was, I would have just lent him the books but he offered to pay me and who am I to refuse him if he really wanted to pay me.  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Cat

Written By: ninny on 05/26/13 at 12:36 pm

We had ALL of those: The Bobbsey Twins, The Hardy Boys, & Nancy Drew. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have the complete collection of all of them. As for reading them-I didn't because they were above my reading level at the time and by the time I could read them-they were given away/sold. Today, they would be worth quite a bit.

I had a great deal going with my childhood's best friend's brother. He liked the Hardy Boys so I would bring him a book, and he would pay me a dime. (Big bucks in those days to a 7 year old). When he was done with the book, he would give it back to me, I would get him another one and he would pay me another dime. The thing was, I would have just lent him the books but he offered to pay me and who am I to refuse him if he really wanted to pay me.  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Cat

I went to my father's house and asked my sister what she did with all our old books and she said oh I got rid of them, I thought I was going to be sick, we had some books that we got passed down from my mom and grandmother that were written in the 1800's.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/26/13 at 4:29 pm

Bobbsey Twins, The Boxcar Children, Snipp Snapp and Snurr, Flicka Ricka and Dicka  :)

Written By: nally on 05/27/13 at 11:54 pm

Bobbsey Twins, The Boxcar Children, Snipp Snapp and Snurr, Flicka Ricka and Dicka  :)

I remember the Boxcar Children series. I read a few of those as a kid.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/28/13 at 4:05 am

I remember the Boxcar Children series. I read a few of those as a kid.

I still, in the back of my mind, think it would be fun.  Then again, my house is about the size of a boxcar.

Written By: nally on 05/28/13 at 9:40 am

I still, in the back of my mind, think it would be fun.  Then again, my house is about the size of a boxcar.

;)
I even thought about that as a kid. Of course, those kids, I believe, were orphaned at the start of the series and went out to find the home of their grandpa.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/29/13 at 4:06 am

;)
I even thought about that as a kid. Of course, those kids, I believe, were orphaned at the start of the series and went out to find the home of their grandpa.

Their very rich grandpa....I used to think that would be great, too.  Still do ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...