inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was your favorite age?

Written By: Martin_ on 07/19/13 at 1:21 pm

What was your favorite age to be and why? I really liked ages 4-6 (early 90's) and 11-15 (late 90's/early 00's). I didn't like high school and college, so 16-18 sucked. University also sucked, so 19-23 sucked, too I'm afraid. Am I the only one that feels that way?

Subject: Re: What was your favorite age?

Written By: XYkid on 07/19/13 at 2:09 pm

My favourite age was 10-12 ('04-'06), 8 was also a good age (2002), 9 was tough for personal reasons. 16 and 17 were my favourite ages of being a teen (2010 and 2011).

Written By: warped on 07/19/13 at 2:36 pm

Anywhere from age 5 to about 12.

My mid 20s were OK too.

Written By: Howard on 07/19/13 at 3:31 pm

I would say the ages between 5 and 10 years old.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/19/13 at 5:15 pm

30-45.

Did a lot of healing and growing. I went back to school, had my own apartment for the first time in my life and was in totally control of my life (as opposed to letting someone else control it).  I met Carlos, moved in with him, & married him.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 07/19/13 at 9:24 pm

30-45.

Did a lot of healing and growing. I went back to school, had my own apartment for the first time in my life and was in totally control of my life (as opposed to letting someone else control it).  I met Carlos, moved in with him, & married him.

Cat

You really love your 30s eh?

Written By: 80sfan on 07/19/13 at 9:25 pm

I'm only 24, but I really like the era I am in now, although I think it'll get even better by the time I'm 25. So maybe age 25 to 30.

And age 6 to 10!

Written By: 80sfan on 07/19/13 at 9:26 pm

I'm guessing my 30s will be 'my' golden age.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/19/13 at 9:53 pm

Age 5-13.  I hung out with my cousins a lot.  We had so many memorable times. 

Written By: whistledog on 07/19/13 at 10:07 pm

The Age of Consent by Bronski Beat

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/55/Bronski_Beat_-_The_Age_of_Consent_Album_Cover.jpg/220px-Bronski_Beat_-_The_Age_of_Consent_Album_Cover.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/20/13 at 9:44 am

Yeah, and the first part of my 40s weren't bad either. Like I said, it was in my 30s where I finally took control of my own life. By doing so made me much happier than I was before.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 07/20/13 at 2:43 pm

Yeah, and the first part of my 40s weren't bad either. Like I said, it was in my 30s where I finally took control of my own life. By doing so made me much happier than I was before.

Cat

I think my 30s will be great too.  8)

Written By: Howard on 07/20/13 at 4:07 pm

I'm looking forward to be soon entering my 40's.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/20/13 at 8:11 pm

I'm looking forward to be soon entering my 40's.

I hope it goes great!!

Written By: Howard on 07/21/13 at 3:47 pm

I hope it goes great!!

I hope so too.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/21/13 at 4:12 pm

11-15 (late 90's/early 00's)

My favourite age was 10-12 ('04-'06)

Pretty much a combination of this for me. I'd say about 10-15/16 is probably my favorite span of years in my life up to this point. That would cover 1997 through about 2002 or so, which is roughly the span of the so-called "Y2K era" of pop culture. The funny thing is that, around the time I turned 18, I went through a period where I started listening to older music and really rebelled against, and grew to hate, the cheesy, overblown culture of that era. Now that I'm getting a little older, and that period is getting further and further away, I've really started enjoying looking back on all the fun memories I have of that time.

I think the reason why so many people wind up being nostalgic for that particular period in their life (about ages 11-16 or so) is because it's when you experience so many of your most important firsts like your first kiss, first date, first car, etc. It's also when you begin to leave your parent's shadow and start experimenting with your own musical tastes, fashion styles and things like that.

Written By: Starde on 07/22/13 at 6:22 pm

Top spot would go to age 5-12 at the moment (mid 90's to early 00's). Good times.  8)

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/23/13 at 6:06 pm

Any age from 2 to 17. Also, I loved my mid to late 20s. I will be 33 in another month or so and I'm loving it so much!

Written By: Katluver on 07/25/13 at 3:03 pm

7-10 (except for a few months when I was 9 because I was a new girl at school)--I was still young enough to not have any responsibilities yet old enough to be aware of my surroundings. Older people thought I was adorable.

13---When I really transitioned and developed serious crushes, was glued to music videos, belonged to a "clique", started babysitting on a regular basis...

19---Had my first serious boyfriend, was at the peak with my looks, and went on my first overseas trip....

25-27---Other than being in a horrible relationship followed by a horrible breakup, I had a good group of supportive friends. I was young enough to still have some of my looks and was still curious about life.

Written By: captainEO on 07/25/13 at 7:14 pm

8-9 - Childhood years. I was a naughty troublemaker, and I love it! Ah... what a kid I was.

14 - start of adolescence and formation of a self-concept

18 - adulthood and finally braving the world

But, my favourite is probably 14.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 07/29/13 at 5:26 am

4-10 (1990-1996 - with a peak around 1995 I think)

and 14-ca. 18 (2000-2004 - peak 2002/3, being 16/17)

But I don't want to have my childhood and youth in this decade.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/30/13 at 11:41 pm

Birth-age 12. 76-88.  :) I don't know?  I did most of my growing up in the 80s and early 90s so it was my favourite time.  :)

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/24/18 at 11:11 pm

Anywhere between ages 5-10 was good.

Although if I had to pick just one age, it would be age 5.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/24/18 at 11:11 pm

My current age: 16

Written By: Wobo on 03/24/18 at 11:15 pm

6-10

Written By: 2001 on 03/24/18 at 11:24 pm

10/11 was fun, so was 16-18, but by far I've been loving my 20s (19-25).

I still feel like my best days are ahead of me. I'm quite shocked at all the full grown adults picking their childhood in this thread though.  ??? I loved my childhood but I wouldn't want to be a kid and be bossed around by everyone again. You also miss out on so much by being a kid with the general lack of awareness of the world, cartoons can only be so interesting...

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/25/18 at 7:52 am

I don't know my "favorite" age, but for the record 30's were pretty awesome to me!  :)

Written By: Dundee on 03/25/18 at 8:36 am

So far, the carefree days of being 5-12 8), as well post-awkward pre-adulthood teenage days of 15-16.
Very early adulthood (18-19) was also a blast :D

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/25/18 at 9:15 am

I don't think I can say. I miss 8, 10, 11 and 12 so, that could be something.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/25/18 at 10:33 am

6-10

I enjoyed being 6-10 years old, but I wouldn't want to go back that age because I wasn't old enough to do a lot of things.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/25/18 at 10:34 am

Favorite ages 10-12, 16, 25.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/25/18 at 10:37 am

Favorite ages 10-12 & mid 20s.

I didn't like ages 10-12. My preteen years sucked. I didn't want to be a child anymore, but I was still treated like a little kid.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/25/18 at 10:40 am

6, 13, and 25. I miss my 20s with a passion lol. I wish I could be 25 and relive 2005 - 2006 all over again!

Written By: THY9899 on 03/26/18 at 4:08 am

20's I guess
(although I still need to wait for 10.5 months to turn 20 ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/26/18 at 3:35 pm

To pick a year, I'm starting to miss 15 quite a bit. Yeah, I still didn't have my actual license yet, obviously, but that was an awesome year.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/26/18 at 4:01 pm

6, 10, 15, 18, and 21! Not just because I enjoyed those ages, but there was something special about the years 2002, 2006, 2011, 2014, and last year for my personal life! Finally being the legal age at 21, being at this new university, and both of my favorite NFL and college football teams having their best seasons ever since I've been alive. It doesn't get any better than that. I also miss 2014, the year I graduated high school and the summer after that, which to this day is my last summer break. Every summer since 2015 I've been working or taking summer classes.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/27/18 at 10:25 am

Being 10 is another year I miss, too. 1997 was just such an awesome year. Playing the PlayStation for the first time and begging my parents to get it, watching the Braves have another great season and lose during the playoffs, watching Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and the Disney Channel when all of those channels were still at their best, riding my bike around the neighborhood with my buddies. No computers, or mobile phones or any of that. Much nostalgia.

Written By: bchris02 on 03/27/18 at 10:45 am

22 and 24. Before that, probably 12.

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/27/18 at 5:50 pm

28. What a year that was!

Written By: Brian06 on 03/27/18 at 10:21 pm

I liked my teens a lot to be honest. I was still kinda naïve then but I knew more than I did as a little kid so it's a decent balance. I do miss the age 14-17 days a lot now (2001-2004 for me)

Written By: Howard on 03/28/18 at 3:08 pm

TBH, I kind of like my age now 44 years old, I'm more mature, I'm able to take care of some money matters, I can take public transportation by myself (excluding trains) and somewhat computer savvy.

Written By: unicornic on 03/29/18 at 11:28 am

5-11 years and my current age, 16.

Written By: sweetbaby on 03/29/18 at 5:15 pm

Age 6 was my favorite age of childhood. I wasn't treated like a baby anymore. I felt much older as I could do things myself. I was in Kindergarten and I had fun.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/29/18 at 5:16 pm

Age 6 was my favorite age of childhood. I wasn't treated like a baby anymore. I felt much older as I could do things myself. I was in Kindergarten and I had fun.

Age 6 was pretty fun time for me as well. I got a Nintendo Wii and found out about YouTube when I was that age.

Written By: Wobo on 03/29/18 at 5:18 pm

At Age 6?  ;D
I never thought about that when I was 6.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/30/18 at 9:51 am

Truly, 2002 was a great year though. That was the year that my parents moved, we got a bunch of awesome PlayStation 2 games, while the original PlayStation and N64 remained relevant, and several great movies came out. I started 10th grade that fall, which was among my favorite school years. Going online with dial-up was still something of a novelty, and with no social media, you only talked to you buddies on stuff like AOL Messenger. My PlayStation 2 had a DVD player, which was awesome because I could finally start buying those, but my VHS remained busy as that was the only way I could record stuff. Awesome year.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 4:59 pm

My current age, 16.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 5:55 pm

I think being 14 will be great i turn 14 in 35 days.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 6:03 pm

My favorite ages were 7-10.

Written By: prodanny288 on 03/31/18 at 9:22 pm

5-9 were awesome years of my childhood.

Written By: Lyndialy on 04/01/18 at 7:45 pm

9 years old because I had little responsibility and didn't receive a handful of homework on the weekend. Breaks were longer and school started later.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/02/18 at 9:39 am

9 years old because I had little responsibility and didn't receive a handful of homework on the weekend. Breaks were longer and school started later.

That's how it was for me from K to 3rd grade. 4th grade is when my school started giving me a bunch of homework during the weekends and giving you more responsibilities.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/18 at 9:44 am

Oh, sweet innocence of life!

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/02/18 at 9:48 am

Oh, sweet innocence of life!

Sweet innocence of my childhood is what I like to call it.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/02/18 at 11:49 am

That's how it was for me from K to 3rd grade. 4th grade is when my school started giving me a bunch of homework during the weekends and giving you more responsibilities.

Yeah, same here. 4th grade was when I started receiving math homework and I'd always ask my mom to help me, and we'd sometimes argue over which answer was correct. ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/03/18 at 7:08 am

I was 9 years old in 1983.

Written By: mjstudios97 on 04/08/18 at 11:49 am

16-19

You're treated more like an adult, and you are taken more seriously but you're still young and society still acknowkedges this.

There's still time to build up your skill and character, and you should make the most out of this. Use this time wisely!

I just turned 20, and I wish I had started saving earlier, and I wish I had left high school earlier too, and kept in touch with friends more, and maybe had a place of our own like a house share with us contributing our part.

I still live with my rents. I wish I were more independent. In my family, I'm kind of expected to just stay with them, but I really want to live a life of my own too as much as I love and value them. I still want to support them financially too especially as they're getting older.

I'm going through a crisis right now because I realized 6 months of my twenties are already over.  :\'(

It's honestly so depressing to me.

Written By: 2001 on 04/08/18 at 12:10 pm

16-19

You're treated more like an adult, and you are taken more seriously but you're still young and society still acknowkedges this.

There's still time to build up your skill and character, and you should make the most out of this. Use this time wisely!

I just turned 20, and I wish I had started saving earlier, and I wish I had left high school earlier too, and kept in touch with friends more, and maybe had a place of our own like a house share with us contributing our part.

I still live with my rents. I wish I were more independent. In my family, I'm kind of expected to just stay with them, but I really want to live a life of my own too as much as I love and value them. I still want to support them financially too especially as they're getting older.

I'm going through a crisis right now because I realized 6 months of my twenties are already over.  :\'(

It's honestly so depressing to me.

Dude chill. Almost no one has their life together by 20 haha. 18-24 is like extended teenagehood these days lol. :P

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/14/18 at 12:51 pm

Another awesome year was 1994. That was 6 and 7 years old for me. DK Country, MMPR, getting a Sega for Christmas, Fox Kids, going with my parents to watch The Lion King. There aren't many better years to be a kid than that.

Written By: Wobo on 07/02/18 at 11:37 am

I think being 14 will be great i turn 14 in 35 days.

My 13 year old self was kind of right lol.

Written By: ofkx on 07/02/18 at 1:58 pm

Tbh right now is my favorite age. I'm pretty happy with where my life is at the moment :D.

Written By: Wobo on 07/02/18 at 2:04 pm

Tbh right now is my favorite age. I'm pretty happy with where my life is at the moment :D.

Yeah i think 14 and 15 will be my favorite ages...looking forward to highschool.

Written By: whistledog on 07/05/18 at 3:05 am

Reason, then Aquarius

Written By: CupidTheStupid on 07/05/18 at 6:27 pm

Yeah i think 14 and 15 will be my favorite ages...looking forward to highschool.

Good luck in high school!

Written By: Wobo on 07/05/18 at 6:30 pm

Good luck in high school!

Thanks!

Written By: mjstudios97 on 07/06/18 at 4:14 am

Totally! Make the most out of high school! The other day I found my old journal that I wrote in 6 years ago when I was 14 going on 15, and it made me realize how fast time has flown by. One advice I wish I could give is not to rush and skip all of the steps and wish away those years, and don't worry because you have so much time I promise. Make the best out of every day, and use it to grow and try to have an open mind and discover the world and yourself. We are constantly learning and changing. Life is a constant flux. Enjoy high school. Challenge yourself in your academics, and meet new people and try new things like clubs and sports. You are only this young once. Have fun.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...