inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Film Trilogies or Film Series' that don't exist (but would be funny if they did)

Written By: whistledog on 07/20/13 at 8:34 pm

I posted this one in another topic ...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1002326_10151634292939317_857525099_n.jpg

Here's a few more that would be funny ...

The Robert Downey Jr. / Rodney Dangerfield Collection
Back to School
Natural Born Killers

The Jet Li / Jason Statham Collection
The One
War
The Expendables
The Expendables 2

The Diane Lane / Matt Dillon Trilogy
Rumble Fish
The Outsiders
The Big Town

The Bruce Willis / Samuel L. Jackson Collection
National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1
Pulp Fiction
Die Hard: With A Vengance
Unbreakable

Subject: Re: Film Trilogies or Film Series' that don't exist (but would be funny if they did)

Written By: The Valley Goth on 07/25/13 at 2:27 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Cool idea!  One of my college roommates forced me to sit around for repeated viewings of "My Best Friend's Wedding" sooo many times that I actually began to hate Julia Roberts!  I sort of think that she's cool now, but I still don't like the fact that she kept playing these pity kitty, self-doubting, poor little put-upon heroine characters.

I guess that a "Pity Those Julia Roberts Heroines Trilogy" would consist of:

"Pretty Woman"
"My Best Friend's Wedding"
"Erin Brockovich"

OMG!  You have no idea how angry I was when the movie "Erin Brockovich" was released!  I thought that the act of portraying a woman whom I considered to be amoral was just lower than low!  I myself don't believe that being that amoral for the sake of one's children is right, in a moral sense, OR in a Feminist sense, no matter how many roadblocks are thrown in your way.  I feel the same way about Demi Moore's "Striptease".  Some people may be interested to note that Erin Brockovich recently received a DUI!  I wonder what even Roberts would say about THAT! 

Thank God that Roberts didn't want to portray Octomom!  LOL!  I've recently realized that Roberts is actually a talented actress, who, for reasons unknown to me, kept portraying luckless, pity kitty-type characters who just didn't appeal to me in any way, shape, or form.
8)

Subject: Re: Film Trilogies or Film Series' that don't exist (but would be funny if they did)

Written By: valleyroads on 08/02/13 at 2:34 am

2 more of the movie Christine... one taking place in 1999 based on a red 1979 Mustang as the title character, one taking place in 2019 with a 1990s Mazda RX7 or 2000s Subaru WRX as the title character.

Check for new replies or respond here...