inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Give thanks.

Written By: warped on 09/11/13 at 12:05 pm

I thought I’d start a thread to give thanks to a member (or more) here on inthe00s. Could be a “thanks” for a friendship you already have or made, or for a story they shared, or a song or picture they shared, or for their help in a matter, or for their sense of humour, their sharp wit, or a connection you have with them, a topic they created, or it could be when you find something in common with someone else (that’s always nice) or give thanks for anything at all as it related to a member here. It could even be a general “thanks” for this website.

Life is very short and many of us have stressful and hectic lives. We don’t “stop and smell the roses” enough. Many of us have or face different challenges in our lives, and it’s good to have some encouragement and positivity once in a while. We all could use some.

I’ll start.

I’d like to thank ninny for her “person of the day”. She posts a new celeb/person each day (on their birthday). We get to read about someone we know or never heard of, and learn more about them. I think it’s a great thread.

Thanks ninny  :)

Subject: Re: Give thanks.

Written By: warped on 09/12/13 at 11:15 am

I also wanted to give thanks to all the moderators here. You have done a wonderful job maintaining the site and getting rid of those who just come here to hurt others or polute the site with spam or decadeology.

Thank for you hard work in maintaining the site.

:)

Written By: whistledog on 09/12/13 at 5:52 pm

I'd like to thank warped for knowing about the music artists I post about.  Before you came along, I was pretty much talking to myself in my own topics lol

I'd like to thank my good friend Randy for I've known him for 21 years has let me come over his house on occasions and get-togethers such as Thanksgiving and New Year's, He's become a family friend.  :)

Is he a member at inthe00s?

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/12/13 at 10:20 pm

Thanks, warped, for this thread.  Thanks, ChuckyG, for this board.  I showed up for the song lyrics, stayed to help people find their long-forgotten toys, games, and pop culture ephemera of their youth, and stuck around because the people were pretty neat.  Y'all are OK by me.

Written By: Howard on 09/13/13 at 3:35 pm

Is he a member at inthe00s?

No, Oh I just thought that this was a thread for giving thanks to anyone outside the board? ???

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/13 at 3:36 pm

No, Oh I just thought that this was a thread for giving thanks to anyone outside the board? ???

It's good to be thankful but it's also good to read topics before posting in them :D

Written By: Howard on 09/13/13 at 3:38 pm

I’d like to thank ninny for her “person of the day”. She posts a new celeb/person each day (on their birthday). We get to read about someone we know or never heard of, and learn more about them. I think it’s a great thread.

I agree, I really enjoyed her "person of the day". Thank you Ninny.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...