inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artist that have you say, "What the hell was I thinking."

Written By: loki 13 on 09/16/13 at 9:24 pm

Ever have a band or artist that you thought was really good when they first came out or when you
listened to them when you were younger? Then later in life when you listen to the same band, same
songs, you say to yourself, "What the hell was I thinking, these guys suck."

For me it is:

Boston: They took the world by storm, I really liked their first album when it when it came out. Yes, I own it, but
          when I hear them now I think they are nothing more than a glorified garage band.

Journey: Wheel in the sky was kind of trippy with the lyrics, I liked Journey prior to Steve Perry but when Perry
            arrived the band took off. Steve Perry must have had a horrible time in the dating scene. Every song is
            pretty much a ballad, bad ones at that.

Van Halen: I bought tickets to Black Sabbath's final tour with Ozzy Osbourne. An unknown band, at least on the
              east coast, was signed to be the opening act. A friend went out and bought Van Halen's debut album
              and we played the grooves off of it. I hear Van Halen now and I realize that all songs are the same.
              Eddie Van Halen will fly up and down the guitar with that same old tired solo whether it fits the song
              or not. If Van Halen was to play a funeral dirge it would come with the solo and, fingernails on a chalk-
              board, primal scream that David Lee Roth did just because he could.

This goes the other way also. I used to hate Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac and Metallica but now I love these bands,

Subject: Re: Artist that have you say, "What the hell was I thinking."

Written By: danootaandme on 09/17/13 at 2:28 am

Boston was way overrated, being from Boston I can tell you that there is a lot of talent here and I could never figure out why they became synonymous with the "Bosstown Sound"

I think that I am more of a didn't like it, then I did, as opposed to a liked it then I didn't.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/18/13 at 1:11 am

The Party was one of those WTF was I thinking when I got into them musical groups.  All of the members were members of the Mickey Mouse Club 1989.  Jesus! They also spawned N SYNC and Britney and Christina.  fudge! :) The only pop acts that were of actual quality that I liked were New Kids On The Block and the Backstreet boys.

Written By: warped on 09/18/13 at 1:58 pm

There aren't any bands that I liked, and then later said ..WTH?

The only one "close" to that was..well, I liked the Jackson 5 when I was a kid, good music. But when MJ did Thriller and Bad, I thought both albums were the shyts. But it's not a fair comparison because his music style changed..into a style I didn't like.

But there are bands I didn't like at the start but I learned to like. Pink Floyd was one of them. In the mid 70s, I didn't "get it" why they were so popular. Somehow I got my hands on "meddle" back in the early 70s and it was the only album I never ever played coz I thought it sucked! ;D

Eventually I "got" Pink Floyd and understood their music. Their music takes me away on a trip. They are so awesome.

Another one was "Rush". When they came out with "Caress of Steel" and 2112, I wasn't crazy about it, even though all my friends were. After Hemispheres and "Permanent waves", I finally understood Rush...and I got to like 2112 and Farewell to Kings too. Good band. "Subdivisions" is one of my favorite 80s songs.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/20/13 at 11:29 pm

-paa3wwGWww

This is a real WTF video!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 09/21/13 at 9:17 am

I was a huge Menudo fan.  Pre Ricky Martin, by the time he joined I had lost interest.  I still wonder WTH I was thinking. ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/21/13 at 3:41 pm

-paa3wwGWww

This is a real WTF video!  ;D

Hey I happen to like the theme song but the video is cheesy.  ;D

Written By: Mordicai Rigby on 09/21/13 at 3:47 pm

Weird Al until I realized that he's so corny, so corny all time  ::)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/23/13 at 2:22 pm

Color Me Badd.  :P

Guns N Roses 2012

WTF was I thinking when I liked them?

Written By: Howard on 09/24/13 at 6:43 am

Color Me Badd.  :P

Guns N Roses 2012

WTF was I thinking when I liked them?

Yeah, What the heck were you thinking?  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 09/24/13 at 10:14 am

I look back on Color Me Badd, and I can see how cheesy they were, but I still like the song "All For Love" quite a bit

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/24/13 at 1:04 pm

I look back on Color Me Badd, and I can see how cheesy they were, but I still like the song "All For Love" quite a bit

I Adore Mi Amor (I Love My Love)

92NdfSeOLA0

Written By: Howard on 09/24/13 at 7:22 pm

92NdfSeOLA0

the clothes they wore were cheesy.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/28/13 at 10:38 pm

Also the music was cheesy

Dream on dream away
I think I'm going to have to say say
I adore mi amor
I adore mi amor

:P

Written By: amjikloviet on 10/01/13 at 2:28 pm

Hehehe.

Also the music was cheesy

Dream on dream away
I think I'm going to have to say say
I adore mi amor
I adore mi amor

:P

It's not so bad, maybe just a little :D ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/02/13 at 8:20 am

Hehehe.

It's not so bad, maybe just a little :D ;D

Well that one used to drive me up the wall everytime I heard it.  :P  Of course I was 15 and they were pretty popular back then.  :)

Written By: Starde on 10/03/13 at 1:40 pm

92NdfSeOLA0

Cheesy as hell, but I have no shame admitting that I like that song and "I Wanna Sex You Up".

Check for new replies or respond here...