inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone else who doesn't really care about music?

Written By: the_jock on 09/20/13 at 1:50 am

I'll listen to music in my car, and occasionally (maybe once a month) I'll play music on Youtube, but really, I don't care about music. If it didn't exist, I would barely notice. I don't really download music, buy CDs, or listen to music in my spare time. When I browse the internet or watch tv or hang out, it's silent in the background. I do like some songs and genres, and I like them when I hear them, but for the most part... music is not that big a part of my life. People say "music is my life!" and I don't really understand. I also feel the same way about cars and computers, they're just appliances to me. What I truly enjoy is nature and animals. Anyone else like this?

Subject: Re: Anyone else who doesn't really care about music?

Written By: danootaandme on 09/20/13 at 1:54 am

I love music, but I don't depend on it and I think a lot of people do.  If you are going to have an addiction, I would say it should be at the top of the list.

Written By: the_jock on 09/20/13 at 5:14 am

Well new music does nothing for me. I only like music from like 1956 to 1989 and 2000-2004. My fav music is regarded as cheesy oldies. To me new music is just shouting.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/20/13 at 6:20 am

I care about music ALOT. I think I would make my own music out in nature if I didn't have youtube or ipods or ipads, etc, etc.

Not everyone cares about the same thing as me, and I don't always care about the same thing as they do.

But I would consider it in my top 5, on a list of favorite things (out of 2,000), if there was one.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/13 at 3:34 pm

I don't listen to a lot of music these days but I do listen to some internet radio stations a lot.

Written By: Inertia on 09/20/13 at 4:11 pm

I have always been less into music than other people. It is not that I hate music, but I am very selective in my tastes and show little enthusiasm for anything I don't love.

I noticed you also mentioned computers. I love my computer and my internet. I can spend countless hours on them playing video games, writing, surfing the internet, doing research, reading prose, drawing, watching videos, creating vectors, and working on miscellaneous projects. I spend the vast majority of my free time in front of some sort of screen.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/20/13 at 11:26 pm

I like really old music 1960s, 70s, 80's, 90's, and early 00's. 

I hate all of this bullsheesh that record executives try to pass off as "entertainment." :P

I really like the stuff that came out before I was off of cloud 9.  And I like the stuff that came out AFTER I came off of cloud 9.  :D

Written By: warped on 09/21/13 at 11:16 am

I enjoy listening to music. I got my first radio in the late 60s. It was just an AM radio passed on to me by my parents, who bought it during the early 1950s. 

Looked like this:

http://radioattic.com/images/brill/Brill_RCA_3X538_(1954).jpg

I listened to this until I got an AM/FM radio in 1974ish. I began to listen to FM radio to hear stuff like Zeppelin, Floyd, Tull, Genesis, etc...  I listened to the radio from the late 60s until the late 80s and liked all the music (except for some Disco/Funk stuff), then I began to listen to oldies stations..songs from my childhood (or before that)

I'd rather listen to music than watch TV or go to a movie or watch DVDs. Music always makes me feel good.
Having said that, I could go days and days without listening to any music, and I'm still good.

Music is one of my best forms of entertainment.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/13 at 3:28 pm

I like really old music 1960s, 70s, 80's, 90's, and early 00's. 

I hate all of this bullsheesh that record executives try to pass off as "entertainment." :P

I really like the stuff that came out before I was off of cloud 9.  And I like the stuff that came out AFTER I came off of cloud 9.  :D

I agree, I'm more of an oldies guy.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/21/13 at 3:30 pm

Before computers I always turned on the clock radio and listened to FM radio but now that I have the internet, I rarely listen to the radio, it's mostly internet radio stations from all around the world.

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/13 at 7:36 pm

I don't mind the music of today.  But with that, you really have to look hard to find some favourites.  This is why I don't really listen to the radio anymore.  I find more songs I like are popular in foreign countries

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/21/13 at 9:51 pm

I don't mind the music of today.  But with that, you really have to look hard to find some favourites.  This is why I don't really listen to the radio anymore.  I find more songs I like are popular in foreign countries

I don't find any of today's music to be particularly appealing.  It's horrible as far as I'm concerned.

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/22/13 at 12:19 pm

This is shocking lol. Who would not care about music? :o

I don't find any of today's music to be particularly appealing.  It's horrible as far as I'm concerned.

Most of it is horrible...I agree. But there are a few exceptions. Mostly they're songs that DO NOT get any radio play these days.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/22/13 at 1:19 pm

This is shocking lol. Who would not care about music? :o

Most of it is horrible...I agree. But there are a few exceptions. Mostly they're songs that DO NOT get any radio play these days.

I can't find anything now that's particularly appealing to me personally.  Give me the oldies but goodies anytime.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/22/13 at 3:42 pm

agreed! O0

Written By: Howard on 09/22/13 at 3:42 pm

I can't find anything now that's particularly appealing to me personally.  Give me the oldies but goodies anytime.  :P

same here.

Written By: Katluver on 09/22/13 at 6:49 pm

For me listening to music is a little bit like my oxygen and helps me get by---it does influence my mood sometimes. There are a few current songs that I like, but I find that music has been going downhill since around 2004...

Written By: warped on 09/22/13 at 8:02 pm

but I find that music has been going downhill since around 2004...

I'd say it's going downhill since about 1989.

Written By: the_jock on 09/23/13 at 3:47 am

Well, I said I don't like (audio-only/radio/mp3) music. But I love watching music videos. :)
I think they're the best art form ever created, combining film with music. Their golden age was from about 1980 to 1989, but the 90's also had some nice videos. There was another peak in 2001-2004, but after 2005 their quality declined again.
I just like visuals plus audio a lot more than just audio, e.g. I'd rather watch the 'Money for Nothing' and 'Billie Jean' music videos on the TV/YouTube/DVD than listen to them on the radio/mp3/CD. :)

Written By: Paul on 09/23/13 at 5:22 am

Music I can't do without...

...but if the topic were films or TV then yep! Could pretty much live without them!

Written By: Howard on 09/23/13 at 6:55 am

For me listening to music is a little bit like my oxygen and helps me get by---it does influence my mood sometimes. There are a few current songs that I like, but I find that music has been going downhill since around 2004...

I do listen to music, the stuff I hear on the radio from today's artists are ok, I guess the music industry has changed a whole lot over the past 30 years.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/23/13 at 11:48 am

For me past music is therapy for me.  Any song by an older artist is what I feel I need to listen to. 

Written By: Howard on 09/23/13 at 1:40 pm

For me past music is therapy for me.  Any song by an older artist is what I feel I need to listen to.

like the 70's and 80's?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/23/13 at 9:01 pm

like the 70's and 80's?

50s and 60s too.  :) And early-mid 90s.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/24/13 at 6:39 am

50s and 60s too.  :) And early-mid 90s.  :)

Me Too as well. I don't mind early 2000's too.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/24/13 at 1:13 pm

Me Too as well. I don't mind early 2000's too.

Well that's debatable.  Some of my favourites came out during that time.  I think a lot of the RETAL, combination Rap and Metal, came out at that time.  It used to drive me right up the wall.
My friend was always trying to get me to listen to Stinkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and that sort of thing but I can't listen to that.

Written By: Howard on 09/24/13 at 7:20 pm

Well that's debatable.  Some of my favourites came out during that time.  I think a lot of the RETAL, comination Rap and Metal, came out at that time.  It used to drive me right up the wall.
My friend was always trying to get me to listen to Stinkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and that sort of thing but I can't listen to that.

I agree, it's too much noise.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/26/13 at 4:17 pm

I agree, it's too much noise.

It wasn't just the noise that bothered me Howard.  It was the fact that it was on the radio and on MTV and Much Muisc that really drove me up the wall.  :P

ZpUYjpKg9KY  1yw1Tgj9-VU

And it doesn't take very much talent to scream like they do.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/27/13 at 3:45 pm

Whatever happened to the music we used to enjoy growing up with? musicians today should learn from them.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/27/13 at 9:59 pm

Whatever happened to the music we used to enjoy growing up with? musicians today should learn from them.

I think the art of the music video has died.

Written By: Howard on 09/28/13 at 3:36 pm

I think the art of the music video has died.

I know, it sure has.

Written By: Starde on 10/03/13 at 1:35 pm

I love music. I can't even imagine a world without it. Although I am not a fan about current music, I am still able to find a couple that I actually like. I mostly listen to a variety of genres from the early/mid 00's and before.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/13 at 1:38 pm

I love music. I can't even imagine a world without it. Although I am not a fan about current music, I am still able to find a couple that I actually like. I mostly listen to a variety of genres from the early/mid 00's and before.

I guess I can say I grew up listening to the radio.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/04/13 at 12:12 pm

I love the dinosaur bands who have made their mark now.  I don't know what record execs these days think that the teenagers want to listen to but it's certainly not Drake or Justin Beaver.  :P

Written By: warped on 10/04/13 at 1:23 pm

I love the dinosaur bands who have made their mark now.  I don't know what record execs these days think that the teenagers want to listen to but it's certainly not Drake or Justin Beaver.  :P

I hear ya, they arent my choices to listen to either. But I think the young ones like them (Bieber) and people who like rap, like Drake's stuff.

The same thing happened when I was a teen and disco came out, I and pretty much 90% of my high school thought: "What is this stuff? What is it on the radio? It's crap! Who wants to listen to this?"
The same thing happened when I was in my early 20s and Madonna and Michael Jackson became popular, my friends and I thought: "What is this stuff? What is it on the radio? It's crap! Who wants to listen to this?"
I said the same thing when Spice girls became popular, or Britney Spears...

My parents said the same thing about The Beatles and The Stones..."Why do you listen to this garbage, warped, it's no good, it's irritating! Why does anyone like this? They can't sing!"

And there's gonna be some popular artist 5 or 10 years down the road that we will all say the same thing to, again.

So many people have so many different tastes in music. Sometimes an artist is popular and I have no clue in the world why...but people like them. I'm sure people have no clue why I like certain artists coz they think those artists are crap. We all have different tastes in music.  You listen to what you like, and don't listen what you don't like.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/13 at 3:38 pm

you just have to find what you enjoy listening to. They think that everyone must listen to Lady GagGag, Justin Bieber or Drake.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/13 at 3:40 pm

And there's gonna be some popular artist 5 or 10 years down the road that we will all say the same thing to, again.

Yep, just like what our Parents listened to when they were growing up.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/12/13 at 12:44 am

I'd say it's going downhill since about 1989.

Music started going downhill on February 3, 1959, and it ain't ever been quite the same since...

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/12/13 at 9:23 am

The Dinosaur Bands that I like that have made comebacks in recent years.  :)

2fuJNs-1pNM

Platinum Blonde: Beautiful from the album Now & Never 2012

They say "don't call it a come back" but it's a come back.  It's not really a reunion of sorts at all because two of the band members, Kenny MacLean and Chris Steffler, are no longer in the band.

VvqnJ8AGhFg

Duran Duran: All You Need Is Now from the album All You Need Is Now 2010

Fy7FzXLin7o

Depeche Mode: Heaven from the album Delta Machine 2013

vPDj8lWxIIs

Tears For Fears: Closest Thing To Heaven from the album Everybody Loves A Happy Ending 2004.  :)

Written By: warped on 10/12/13 at 1:19 pm

The Dinosaur Bands that I like that have made comebacks in recent years.  :)

Black Sabbath had a new album (13) and it was pretty good. Joan Jett has a new album and it sounds like her early 80s material, pretty good too. Even Paul McCartney has a new album (called "New"), released in a few days from now. Paul should retire. The last good song I heard from him was "Getting closer" in 1979. Anything he's done after that was a mere shadow of what he did with the Beatles.

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/10/13 at 6:10 pm

I stopped listening at the end of 1980, although there is product from the 1980s I like.

1990 onwards however, forget it, my friends. I just don't get it.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/13 at 7:21 am

I care about music but not as much as I used to.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/12/13 at 1:38 am

What's going on right now I don't give a crap about.  What was going on back then I care about more.  ;D

Written By: warped on 11/12/13 at 6:55 am

I stopped listening at the end of 1980, although there is product from the 1980s I like.

I agree with you, when 1980 came around, the music started going downhill.  But there are lots of 80s songs I like, just don't like them as much as songs from 1964-1979 (except for most of the Disco stuff, that can be dumped in the trash  ;D  ) . There are others on the site (people in their 50s like me) who agree with you as well.

1990 onwards however, forget it, my friends. I just don't get it.

Me neither.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 11/12/13 at 7:17 am

What's going on right now I don't give a crap about.  What was going on back then I care about more.  ;D

that's because the singers of today cannot hold a candle to the singers of the 80's.

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/12/13 at 8:04 am

Warped, like David Cassidy before me, I think I love you!

Great to find someone else who feels the same (and is of the same age group).

The only song to really mean anything to me from the last 30 years is 'The Living Years' by Mike and the Mechanics.

Written By: warped on 11/12/13 at 10:10 am

Warped, like David Cassidy before me, I think I love you!

Great to find someone else who feels the same (and is of the same age group).

My sister was crazy about David Cassidy. She was a Partridge Family nut. I was a Brady Bunch nut.

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/12/13 at 2:24 pm

My sister also loved David. I preferred Donny.

I must admit I didn't mind David's voice. And I loved his hit 'Rock Me Baby', it had 'balls'.

Written By: warped on 11/12/13 at 3:46 pm

My sister also loved David. I preferred Donny.

I must admit I didn't mind David's voice. And I loved his hit 'Rock Me Baby', it had 'balls'.

Yes, there were those who loved David, those who loved Donny, and some who loved Bobby Sherman.  I never liked the Osmond's music much. I have grown to like the Partridge family music more...brings back good memories.
I was a Marsha Brady fan, but I won't bring the Brady Bunch music into it, even though I liked some of their tunes as well.  Guilty pleasure.

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/12/13 at 4:00 pm

Nothing wrong with guilty pleasures, my friend.

I have heard of Bobby Sherman but he was never successful in either Ireland or Britain.

Written By: tv on 11/16/13 at 10:48 pm

I haven't cared for music in like 6 years. I did like 1994-1998 and 2001-mid 2007 was hit and miss. Music now its made too fast for quanity  reasons and you don't "feel it" if you know what I mean.

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/17/13 at 5:52 am

Music like anything else that you’re really interested in takes effort to find things you enjoy.

I don’t buy into the “there’s nothing good on the radio” or “they stopped making good music in the –’00’s” reasoning. One of the largest reasons you found or had music you really liked is that it was available in one form radio or vinyl/tape/cd . It was relatively easier then, you had the radio, live performance, or tape/cd. If it wasn’t being played in one of those venues, it just didn’t exist.

Nowadays it’s a bit more stratified, we have the internet of course and all of the different media associated to hear music. Music is a lot more packaged and categorized nowadays, that doesn’t help much, but it makes it a bit more difficult to find stuff you like and harder for the local radio DJ to just play new stuff you might want to hear.

You have to WORK for it now, but its out there, more than ever before we have so many more choices and options to find new things we haven’t been exposed to and things we might like.

I think the notion of having too many choices is in effect here. And it seems overwhelming to try and use the internet to pull out good music.

I know that the regular (ClearChannel-ized) radio doesn’t play stuff I like (the radio has been taken over by the media marketing guys, but there are some good ones still out there, don't give up on them yet), so I go online and look up what I do like.

I’m certain there is some website, blog or streaming service that has what you’re looking for…even if not, try out the new stuff that is being presented to you. If you’re stuck in a certain timeframe of “when music was good” or type of music, then hell yes, thats going to get old quick (your frame of reference is narrowed and limited by that) and your interest in music, at least that type of music will wane.

I think a real music lover is open minded and will actively pursue new sounds and new music. This attitude alone will open doors to new sounds and music.

(Just to clarify, new music does NOT equal popular music. New music is something you haven't heard before, no matter when it was produced and who produced it.)

I usually have a notepad open when I’m online, I may come across a video, blog, website, streaming music site that is playing something interesting. I usually grab the link or copy paste the details into the notepad. Every so often I check out what I’ve saved on the notepad and go online to search for further info about the song/band/artist. It’s actually kinda fun, and if you REALLY want to find new sounds, or even old music that you might have overlooked from the past, it’s not that hard to find it, but you have to look.

And despite what has been said, there are still a few record stores out there, the ones that are still left are most likely the unique ones that are worth going to, check them out to see what’s good.

IMHO, saying there is nothing out there or that such and such type of music stopped being good at such and such time is a copout and just being lazy…and old. I LOVE music and there is plenty of good music out there, its just not going to hit you in the face with you sitting on your butt in an armchair, you have to be active and look for it.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/17/13 at 9:53 am

The only time when I care about music is when it's older than me or younger than me.  Other than that I don't care at all.  As I said before there isn't anything out there that's new that really appeals to me at all.  :(

Written By: 80sfan on 11/17/13 at 11:09 am

My dog doesn't. All he does is poo, sleep, eat, barks, runs around, and scratches his head with his paw.  :D :D

Written By: 80sfan on 11/17/13 at 11:11 am

On a more serious note, I think music currently is better than it was like 5 years ago, but definitely not on par with say 1968 or 1984.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/13 at 4:09 pm

I haven't cared for music in like 6 years. I did like 1994-1998 and 2001-mid 2007 was hit and miss. Music now its made too fast for quantity  reasons and you don't "feel it" if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean, just not as good as it used to be.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/13 at 4:11 pm

The only time when I care about music is when it's older than me or younger than me.  Other than that I don't care at all.  As I said before there isn't anything out there that's new that really appeals to me at all.  :(

the only station I listen to is WCBS-FM, they play some oldies but other than that I don't listen to much radio.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/18/13 at 1:36 pm

the only station I listen to is WCBS-FM, they play some oldies but other than that I don't listen to much radio.

I only listen to Boom97.3 in Toronto.  :) 70s, 80s, 90s.  :) I love it.  :)

Written By: warped on 11/18/13 at 2:11 pm

I'm sure there is some good music made today, but I don't have the time and energy to listen to 100 newer songs (songs from the last 20 years..I call "new") to find one I might like. Not worth it. Once in a while some members will send me a new song that they think I might like, and sometimes I do. I appreciate that. But 95%+ of all the songs in the top 40 over the last 20 years, I just don't get it. I don't get it at all.

I like some of Michael Buble's songs. I liked Billy Joel's "Fantasies & Delusions" from a few years back. Tubular Bells (2008) was nice. Black Sabbath's new album was pretty good, so is Joan Jett's. I liked Adele's song "Let the skyfall" . These are all nice to listen to, for me. Having said that I still prefer anything from the late 60s and 70s (except disco/funk) to anything today, even the songs I listed above.

Not everyone is going to like the same music. What you like...it all depends on your personal taste. You listen to what you like, and don't listen to what you don't like. Simple as that.

Written By: Howard on 11/18/13 at 7:37 pm

Not everyone is going to like the same music. What you like...it all depends on your personal taste. You listen to what you like, and don't listen to what you don't like. Simple as that.

true words, Warped.

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/19/13 at 6:16 am

I echo your sentiments, Howard. Warped speaks good sense.

Written By: Howard on 11/19/13 at 7:59 am

Who listens to internet radio to get their music fix?

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/20/13 at 6:10 am

I do occasionally. Got Radio is particularly good.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/13 at 7:00 am

I do occasionally. Got Radio is particularly good.

and so is Accuradio

Written By: warped on 11/20/13 at 7:04 am

I listen here

http://hoganddawg.com/

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/20/13 at 7:50 am

I do.  I've got the Boom 97.3 app.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/20/13 at 8:18 pm

I do.  I've got the Boom 97.3 app.  :)

I listen to Accuradio

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/21/13 at 5:43 am

Accuradio. Good one, Howard. I've also listened to that.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/13 at 7:57 am

Accuradio. Good one, Howard. I've also listened to that.

Accuradio plays a variety of your favorite music.

Written By: Funboat on 11/21/13 at 11:22 am

I don't listen to "mainstream" music, but I do still find new music to listen to.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/25/13 at 10:54 pm

I don't listen to "mainstream" music, but I do still find new music to listen to.

I don't either. I often find new music from old bands.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/25/13 at 11:40 pm

No, there are no innovators now, only imitators. The only real artist left is Madonna. (I think Prince is having a mid-life crisis, so I graciously omit him.)
And if Miley lives long enough, 30 years from now, she’ll be a poor copy of Madonna.

I'll stick to music that came before this generation was born.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/25/13 at 11:52 pm

No, there are no innovators now, only imitators. The only real artist left is Madonna. (I think Prince is having a mid-life crisis, so I graciously omit him.)
And if Miley lives long enough, 30 years from now, she’ll be a poor copy of Madonna.

Me too.  I hate what this generation has become.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/13 at 7:28 am

I don't either. I often find new music from old bands.

I like older bands's older music not the music they released now.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/13 at 7:29 am

the music now is not what it used to be back then. It's really sad.

Written By: warped on 11/26/13 at 7:44 am

the music now is not what it used to be back then. It's really sad.

I have been saying this since about 1982. Once the 1970s ended, music went downhill. It is really sad. Starting in about 1980, music kept getting worse and worse and by the time the 1990s began, the top 40 was almost unlistenable. And most of today's music and over the last 20 years...I just don't get it at all. This is music?  :\'(

I am officially ...OLD.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/26/13 at 5:05 pm

I have been saying this since about 1982. Once the 1970s ended, music went downhill. It is really sad. Starting in about 1980, music kept getting worse and worse and by the time the 1990s began, the top 40 was almost unlistenable. And most of today's music and over the last 20 years...I just don't get it at all. This is music?  :\'(

I think IMO, that music started getting bad as soon as the 1990's rolled in.

Written By: warped on 11/26/13 at 5:42 pm

I think IMO, that music started getting bad as soon as the 1990's rolled in.

That's coz you are about 12 years younger than me.  So how you felt about the 90s...is how I felt about the 80s. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/27/13 at 6:57 am

That's coz you are about 12 years younger than me.  So how you felt about the 90s...is how I felt about the 80s. :)

I guess as we get older we don't appreciate music as much as like we used to.

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/27/13 at 2:52 pm

Howard and Warped, you think as I do about music!

As you said, it's gone downhill. No originality any more. Just boring urban noise which all sounds the same and carbon copy boybands.

Written By: Paul on 11/27/13 at 3:22 pm

You beat me by about five years - mid to late 80s is when it went South for me!

You and me both, fella!

Written By: warped on 11/27/13 at 3:27 pm

You beat me by about five years - mid to late 80s is when it went South for me!

Five years? Maybe I am five years older than you. That would make sense.  Finished High school in 1980.

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/27/13 at 5:17 pm

I finished high school in 1976!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/27/13 at 6:31 pm

It's bad that I cringe as I listen to the radio. Like real, car radio.
I haven't played my boombox radio in about 7 years. Now I exclusively play MJ radio, and an extensive playlist of various 70/80s songs I saved to my computer.

I only tolerate car radio because I like my friends and they seem to insist on playing it as they drive. I wanna bust my eardrums.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/27/13 at 7:31 pm

The short end of it is I don't really give a crap about new music at all.  :(

Written By: Howard on 11/27/13 at 8:01 pm

Howard and Warped, you think as I do about music!

As you said, it's gone downhill. No originality any more. Just boring urban noise which all sounds the same and carbon copy boybands.

I certainly agree. That's why I listen to internet radio all the time. gives me what I want.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/13 at 8:02 pm

I finished High School 1992.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/13 at 8:03 pm

It's bad that I cringe as I listen to the radio. Like real, car radio.
I haven't played my boombox radio in about 7 years. Now I exclusively play MJ radio, and an extensive playlist of various 70/80s songs I saved to my computer.

I only tolerate car radio because I like my friends and they seem to insist on playing it as they drive. I wanna bust my eardrums.

Do you listen to internet radio Tiff? ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/27/13 at 8:17 pm

I finished High School 1992.

I finished high school in 1994

Written By: warped on 11/28/13 at 8:19 am

Ah. Makes sense why you would not like 80s music, possibly less than me.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/13 at 8:24 am

Does anyone have a favorite internet radio station they listen to?

Written By: warped on 11/28/13 at 8:31 am

I listen to Accuradio

I listen here

http://hoganddawg.com/

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/30/13 at 1:08 pm

I'll still go back to Boom97.3.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/30/13 at 4:11 pm

I'll still go back to Boom97.3.  :)

mine is Dance Groove radio, they play your imagination.

Check for new replies or respond here...