inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Christmas, or other holiday growing up?

Written By: SpaceHog on 12/04/13 at 2:41 pm

My favorite Christmas had to have been a tie between 1994 and 1995. 1994 because that was the year my late grandmother almost burned her house down making Yorkshire pudding in her oven. It became legendary until the day she passed in '07. 1995 because we had a white Christmas and it was the middle of a classic winter.

Hell, I have another two:

2000: We seemed to get a week of school off before winter break because it was so cold and their was a pretty nasty snowstorm that clogged the area for days.

2002: White Christmas in St. Louis. 9 inches on Christmas morning. Christmas Eve was the snow day.

Subject: Re: Favorite Christmas, or other holiday growing up?

Written By: warped on 12/04/13 at 2:59 pm

Hmm. (warped is thinking, using whatever brain cells he has left)

1968 and 1969 Christmas's were really good. Got some Astronaut related toys (which was very relevant at the time, with Neil Armstrong first walking on the moon back in July '69) Also got a spy kit (spy TV shows were huge at the time), walkie talkie's, transistor radio.   

1973 (or 1974??) I got a mini pinball machine and a hockey net. (I was the only kid in the neighborhood with a hockey net, it got lots of use  ;D )

The Christmases back then (from the mid to late 1960s until the mid 1970s) were joyful and innocent times, before I discovered I was growing up in a dysfunctional family.

Written By: XYkid on 12/04/13 at 3:49 pm

Christmas of 2002 was probably my favourite, I got my Gamecube and lots of other cool stuff that year. A few days later, we got on the road and headed for Texas, which is where I lived for the next 3 years. It was a bittersweet goodbye to my home state of Oregon.

Written By: Inertia on 12/04/13 at 5:06 pm

The Christmas of 1997 proved fairly awesome.

I got a Nintendo 64, a few video games, a Compu Kitty Giga Pet, and some other awesome presents.

Check for new replies or respond here...