inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When were your Cartoon Network watching years?

Written By: snowstorm on 12/05/13 at 8:40 pm

When were your Cartoon Network watching years?

For me, I watched the channel from 1992 when it first launched-to about Late 2005.  The peak of Cartoon Network for was the 1998-2002.

Subject: Re: When were your Cartoon Network watching years?

Written By: whistledog on 12/05/13 at 8:52 pm

I never watched Cartoon Network

Written By: XYkid on 12/05/13 at 10:08 pm

We didn't really have cable until 2003, but I still watched it at friend's houses. My favourite show was Totally Spies.
I think I stopped watching around 2006, but I still watch it for Adventure Time and Regular Show.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/06/13 at 4:05 pm

from when they started their own cartoons to mid 00s. I still watch it today, but only adventure time, regular show, gumball, total drama, and teen titans go.

Written By: TheMusicdewd18 on 12/08/13 at 3:50 pm

1992-1999 were the years I watched Cartoon Network.

Honestly, Cartoon Network went downhill YEARS and YEARS ago.

I liked Cartoon Network better when they aired very little original TV shows and aired many Classic Cartoons and older action shows like Johnny Quest, He-Man, and Thundercats.  How fun was to watch stuff like Johnny Bravo and The Flintstones?  That was MY Cartoon Network!

Eventually, the channel started canceling all their good shows and got rid of the classic stuff for more and more new shows which I did not care about, and eventually the channel just became something entirely different.

Written By: XYkid on 12/08/13 at 4:06 pm

1992-1999 were the years I watched Cartoon Network.

Honestly, Cartoon Network went downhill YEARS and YEARS ago.

I liked Cartoon Network better when they aired very little original TV shows and aired many Classic Cartoons and older action shows like Johnny Quest, He-Man, and Thundercats.  How fun was to watch stuff like Johnny Bravo and The Flintstones?  That was MY Cartoon Network!
That's why we have Boomerang now. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/08/13 at 4:36 pm

That's why we have Boomerang now. :)

I watch Boomerang once in a while.

Written By: Mat1991 on 12/09/13 at 6:55 pm

I watched Cartoon Network from circa 1997 to roughly 2004 or '05, around the same time that they changed their layout and were inundated with new shows that I didn't care for.

I remember my house only had cable off and on, so whenever we did get cable, I'd get really excited because it meant I could watch Cartoon Network at my own house instead of having to wait to watch it at other people's houses.

Classic Cartoon Network is such a nostalgia gold mine for me. I'm glad they've begun airing some of their original shows now.

Written By: Ripley on 12/26/13 at 7:38 pm

I wasn't a fan of it growing up, in fact I don't remember ever watching it. 

Written By: Step-chan on 12/26/13 at 10:14 pm

The 90s mainly.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/13 at 7:15 am

The 90s mainly.

same here.

Written By: Uni on 01/04/14 at 12:26 pm

Cartoon Network used to be moderately good. They were already getting worse, but in 2009 they introduced CNReal (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CN_Real) they were already long dead. I'd say that I still watched it in 2007. I may occasionally watch it again when they have reruns of something good.

Check for new replies or respond here...