inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Christmas specials you haven't seen for awhile.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/24/13 at 5:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cioJfl19nTc

I remember finding this video awhile back.

A couple of the ones on this list are ones I really miss, A Wish for Wings That Work and Claymation's Christmas in particular.

Are there any Christmas specials you have seen in a long while?

Subject: Re: Christmas specials you haven't seen for awhile.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/24/13 at 8:44 pm

Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey:

This first aired in 1977, there is a story as to why I will not watch it but I haven't seen it since that first airing.

Written By: whistledog on 12/24/13 at 9:17 pm

The Star Wars Christmas Special from 1978 :D

The Christmas Raccoons (1980)
Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)
Bugs Bunny's Christmas Carol (1979)

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/25/13 at 12:48 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWCQ7ALEms

Just for that, you get MECO's What Do you Get A Wookie For Christmas (When He Already Owns A Comb), because I couldn't subject you to the horror that was the Star Wars Holiday Special.  You and I have both been scarred by this, there's no point in spreading the misery further.  What, you think I'd link the SWHS here?  Even I have some semblance of decency.

ojtGHXsTXmU

For everybody else, here's The Muppets, A Muppet Family Christmas from 1987.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/13 at 5:02 am

This first aired in 1977, there is a story as to why I will not watch it but I haven't seen it since that first airing.
MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/13 at 5:03 am

A Muppet Christmas Carol! 

We had it on VHS - but finally got a DVD of it, so we may watch it again!!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 12/25/13 at 8:13 am

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111101194824/muppet/images/6/65/Ceoss_cast.jpg

It's sad that PBS Channel 13 New York doesn't show this anymore, this was a big classic 35 years ago and this is for the people who grew up watching Sesame Street.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/25/13 at 10:34 am

I had to look that one up, noticed it was made by Rankin & Bass. Kind of surprised I never saw it even once.

http://www.getdigital.de/images/produkte/t2/t2_sticker-trollface.jpg

Oh, you...  :D ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWCQ7ALEms

Just for that, you get MECO's What Do you Get A Wookie For Christmas (When He Already Owns A Comb), because I couldn't subject you to the horror that was the Star Wars Holiday Special.  You and I have both been scarred by this, there's no point in spreading the misery further.  What, you think I'd link the SWHS here?  Even I have some semblance of decency.

I actually did take the time to watch the Star Wars Holiday Special before(This was one of those "Why am I subjecting myself to this" sort of moments, not unlike my viewings of Demonophobia LPs). My thoughts on it are pretty much in the "blech" category.

CR did do another Forgotten Christmas Classics, for anyone interested in watching it.

There are a few here and there that I'm surprised I didn't see the lists on his videos.

12th days of Christmas (I was a kid at the time, but I never saw it even once)
The Story of Santa Claus
The Town Santa forgot
The Christmas Tree (As he describes it, the Troll 2 of Christmas Specials)
Annabelle's Wish

Some of these actually aired in the 90s, I should have seen them(or at least part of them) at least once.

There is one that I actually own that is on his first video(which is in my first post), Christmas is Here Again(Which is pretty good, but the songs could be better, he even mentions that in his review).

Written By: whistledog on 12/25/13 at 8:39 pm

Just for that, you get MECO's What Do you Get A Wookie For Christmas (When He Already Owns A Comb)

I have the 45 of that still with picture sleeve lol
The album it was on called Christmas With the Stars and along with that song, both made the US Hot 100.  Meco wanted to do another one, but RSO Records wet bankrupt and the idea was nixed.  Too bad

Written By: Nosebone on 12/25/13 at 9:21 pm

I haven't seen A Christmas Story in awhile.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/13 at 9:34 pm

tbs ( pretty sure it is tbs) has 24 hours of a Christmas story!

Written By: Nosebone on 12/25/13 at 10:00 pm

I know, only kidding. ;)

But, they did show a "lost" Magic Garden Christmas special tonight on WPIX in NY.

Magic Garden was a long running 1970s after school kids show, similar to sesame street but with no budget.

Written By: Howard on 12/26/13 at 7:32 am

every Christmas they always air a Christmas Story marathon.

Written By: XYkid on 01/11/14 at 3:52 pm

Olive the other Reindeer, that was my favourite special when I was a kid. I actually thought about it back during Christmas and wondered why they don't show it on TV anymore.

Written By: robby76 on 01/11/14 at 10:58 pm

Good to see Cosmic Christmas (1977) on that list at #3. It was/is a family favourite!

http://www.jeffco.ca/chrspecials/wp-content/gallery/a-cosmic-christmas/a_cosmic_christmas_20.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 01/12/14 at 6:34 pm

Good to see Cosmic Christmas (1977) on that list at #3. It was/is a family favourite!

http://www.jeffco.ca/chrspecials/wp-content/gallery/a-cosmic-christmas/a_cosmic_christmas_20.jpg

I've been curious about watching it myself.

I did get around to watching Annabelle's Wish(which is on the other link I posted).

Check for new replies or respond here...