inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90s kid threads

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/04/14 at 2:28 pm

Would this topic be a lot better and interesting had it not started back in 2006? I was reading old threads in this forum and reading threads in other forums and seems to me that the reason why It has got out of control is because it was started too early and not waiting for right time to post it. It first started on MySpace when it was still popular in 2006. I guess someone was thinking that the 2000s was now a terrible time that person decided to be nostalgic about being a 90s kid and living in the good old days.

The question is would it have been more interesting to discuss if the person waited until the 90s were 20 years ago or at least waited until it was 2010/2011?

Subject: Re: 90s kid threads

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/14 at 2:46 pm

The problem wasn't so much the topic. The problem was the spamming of the board. There were I don't know how many topics on the subject all started within a few days. If there was just ONE thread about it, no big deal. But when there were something like 20-then it is a problem.

Cat

Written By: warped on 01/04/14 at 3:05 pm

I addiction to what Cat said, most (or all) of those topics led to thing same lame discussions over and over again, comparing decades to other decades, comparing era to eras, comparing years to years, and lots of arguing among members (or between members and antagonistic guests who always seem to show up in those topics ONLY) as to what is a decade, what is the core part of the decade, what is the middle of a decade, why the 60s ended in the mid 70s, and a whole lot more examples I could list, which are discussion that lead nowhere and ALL falls under the umbrella of decadeology and is not permitted on these boards. 

Those topics were also a magnet for trolls guests to post decadeology spam and garbage  (as it is still today)  and it leads to the topics being locked or deleted.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/04/14 at 3:08 pm

The problem wasn't so much the topic. The problem was the spamming of the board. There were I don't know how many topics on the subject all started within a few days. If there was just ONE thread about it, no big deal. But when there were something like 20-then it is a problem.

Cat
I see what you mean. It's not just this forum that it was spammed on, it was also spammed on other forums as well.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/04/14 at 3:12 pm

I addiction to what Cat said, most (or all) of those topics led to thing same lame discussions over and over again, comparing decades to other decades, comparing era to eras, comparing years to years, and lots of arguing among members (or between members and antagonistic guests who always seem to show up in those topics ONLY) as to what is a decade, what is the core part of the decade, what is the middle of a decade, why the 60s ended in the mid 70s, and a whole lot more examples I could list, which are discussion that lead nowhere and ALL falls under the umbrella of decadeology and is not permitted on these boards. 

Those topics were also a magnet for trolls guests to post decadeology spam and garbage  (as it is still today)  and it leads to the topics being locked or deleted.
Yep. That's how these discussions get locked because trolls don't know when to stop. They think it funny to disrespect or irritate other people when it's not.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/14 at 4:33 pm

There's just way too much of these kinds of threads.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/04/14 at 4:42 pm

There's just way too much of these kinds of threads.
yep, but there wouldn't be a lot if some other people weren't spamming them everyday

Written By: 80sfan on 01/05/14 at 2:12 pm

It was a fun time to be alive.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/05/14 at 5:25 pm

It was a fun time to be alive.
yeah it was. It's a shame that some things went bad after they ended.

Check for new replies or respond here...