inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Twenty-Year Gap?

Written By: Sita0 on 05/21/14 at 8:06 pm

I don't know, but it seems that things from the past decade are considered bad and things from 20 years ago are considered retro and/or cool. So, in the 90s, the 70s were cool, in the 2000s, the 80s, now, the 90s, etc.

Any guesses as to why?

Subject: Re: The Twenty-Year Gap?

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/22/14 at 7:42 am

I don't know, but it seems that things from the past decade are considered bad and things from 20 years ago are considered retro and/or cool. So, in the 90s, the 70s were cool, in the 2000s, the 80s, now, the 90s, etc.

Any guesses as to why?

My theory as to why would be that people growing up then, it's not who they are anymore. What they were into was a passing phase and may be a little embarrassed they liked the things they did. I know if I could do it over I would have made different choices. Every era has it's fads and weird things, and usually coming of age means being right in the middle of all of it. There is plenty I miss about those years too in pop culture and whatnot, but I don't miss me.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 10:26 am

The thing is now people lose interest. stuff was interesting back then and now it's lost it's sizzle.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/14 at 1:42 pm

Any guesses as to why?
There are always good and bad in ever score of years.

Check for new replies or respond here...