inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favourite version of Forever Autumn?

Written By: Stompgal on 06/15/14 at 5:52 pm

I like all versions of this song but my favourite is the one by Justin Hayward from Moody Blues. He recorded it for Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds and I like it whether it has Richard Burton's dramatic narration or not. When my uncle told me that Hayward's version wasn't the original and Vigrass and Osborne's was, I was surprised and gave it a listen. It is faster than the other two versions but still quite pleasant. Liam Neeson narrated Gary Barlow's version for the new generation musical. Over to you.

Subject: Re: Favourite version of Forever Autumn?

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/15/14 at 9:45 pm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/WayneTWOTW.jpg

I can't argue with any musical with cover art as awesome as that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/16/14 at 2:02 am

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/WayneTWOTW.jpg

I can't argue with any musical with cover art as awesome as that.
ditto!

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/14 at 11:54 am

The only version of it to chart in North America was the Justin Hayward version, and though it never saw the Top 40 here, it still remains a radio favourite.  That being said, I will vote for it, but not because of the aforementioned fact, but because it is a really good version!

Written By: Paul on 06/17/14 at 5:09 am

Only version I'm familar with is the Justin Hayward version - co-writer of the song, Gary Osborne, found more success with somgwriting. He partnered Elton John at one point.

I'm not even gonna contemplate Barlow's version, but I just hope he paid some tax on it!

Check for new replies or respond here...