inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs that make you think about a particular place

Written By: XYkid on 06/16/14 at 2:41 am

The title says it all, and this is regardless of the song is actually about the place or even if the band is or isn't from there.

For me:

Louisiana

5tDjYuqJRJQ

Las Vegas

IyYnnUcgeMc

Arizona

0a-SUzF_3hM

Oregon

tEdpazLzYps

Subject: Re: Songs that make you think about a particular place

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 06/16/14 at 3:02 am

I won't post any specific title. However, I want to say that there are a lot of titles which remind me of particular places I have visited. These are mostly charts songs that were on the radio and played frequently when I was on vacation somewhere. For America, there are a lot of country songs which remind me of specific places and the specific year when I was there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/16/14 at 3:20 am

Bellagio Fountains - Las Vegas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY

As used in the for the closing scene of the film "Ocean's 11", it always reminds of our visit to Las Vegas.

Written By: nally on 01/28/15 at 10:42 am

I won't post any specific title. However, I want to say that there are a lot of titles which remind me of particular places I have visited. These are mostly charts songs that were on the radio and played frequently when I was on vacation somewhere. For America, there are a lot of country songs which remind me of specific places and the specific year when I was there.

I feel the same way. For example, I remember several songs from early 1994, and hearing them sometimes brings back memories of what my life was like then: living in hotels after being displaced from our earthquake-damaged mobile home.

Check for new replies or respond here...