inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I dont think nostalgia blinds us

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/18/14 at 5:32 pm

If you think about it, there are people in the world who say they miss the past either because they didn't have any responsibilities, they were kids, or they aren't having better days. This is true, but I don't think nostalgia blinds us at all because there were adults who had responsibilities, weren't kids or had better days in the past as they were having wonderful experiences. I bet there are people today who weren't kids in the 90s (and dont care if there were negatives) who say they miss that decade and wish it to come back. I even bet there are also older people who miss the 2000s as well (and still dont care if there was any negatives). Even though every decade (except the 1930s and slavery times) are full of ups and downs, there are years and things that we miss so much we wish it to come back no matter how negative it was.

For example: There are people who hate the 2000s, however they are going to miss that decade because even though they had negative moments, they still made positive moments every year throughout the decade.

So to conclusion, nostalgia doesn't blind us, we just think it does.

Subject: Re: I dont think nostalgia blinds us

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/18/14 at 10:21 pm

There are good things about this decade, but my personal life could be better at the moment. That's not to do with the times, it's just one of those things. I was out of school in the late 2000's and working and there are things I miss. Certain music, certain shows, and products we don't have now because I enjoyed those things.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/18/14 at 10:36 pm

There are good things about this decade, but my personal life could be better at the moment. That's not to do with the times, it's just one of those things. I was out of school in the late 2000's and working and there are things I miss. Certain music, certain shows, and products we don't have now because I enjoyed those things.
Thats true, there is good things today, but some people dont realize that. I hope your personal life is better because when it's not, it gets terrible and it's sad :(. Last, and this is what I'm talking about. There are definitely going to be certain things people are going to miss from a past or earlier decade.

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/19/14 at 12:22 am

Thats true, there is good things today, but some people dont realize that. I hope your personal life is better because when it's not, it gets terrible and it's sad :(. Last, and this is what I'm talking about. There are definitely going to be certain things people are going to miss from a past or earlier decade.

Yeah, I mean people will miss the stuff from their childhood they played with and music they liked as teenagers because they were at the age where they were caught up in it. Children growing up now will miss whatever they have now because it was part of their world. As you grow older your tastes can change and you go through phases, so there will always be things you like over the years and look fondly back on.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/19/14 at 6:37 pm

Yeah, I mean people will miss the stuff from their childhood they played with and music they liked as teenagers because they were at the age where they were caught up in it. Children growing up now will miss whatever they have now because it was part of their world. As you grow older your tastes can change and you go through phases, so there will always be things you like over the years and look fondly back on.
Yep, they sure do and you can expand your interests while you get older. Not only will children and teens miss things they loved, so will young adults as they were also in the target range.

Check for new replies or respond here...